Nathan (fka Natalie) Westling

Debut at Prada Spring 2020 Menswear!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Wish he were still skinny though :( if the weight gain is a necessary part of HRT then more power to him, I just don't find him pleasant or inspiring to look at anymore.
I won't lie, I miss those skinny legs.
But I don't know, hits different for me. If was any other model I would definitely say different, but I embrace his weight gain, especially because I believe he's extremely happier than before. Cannot imagine how must feel to be not conformable in your body.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I won't lie, I miss those skinny legs.
But I don't know, hits different for me. If was any other model I would definitely say different, but I embrace his weight gain, especially because I believe he's extremely happier than before. Cannot imagine how must feel to be not conformable in your body.
I have a number of previously skinny FtM friends, and for many of them, they embraced skinniness as it offered them a more androgynous look before they were able to go on HRT. Since receiving HRT and masculinising surgeries/treatments, most have them have purposely gained muscle weight since it helps them battle their dysphoria and feel more masculine in their new bodies.

I think in general for trans men models (obviously this is not for every case, since I do think one of our own members is FtM and still sticks to the skinny aesthetic), I’d rather them not struggle with dysphoria with their bodies even if it means they’re not as skinny and are instead more muscular.

• Agree
Reactions: 12 users
2166A68D-804A-48B9-B713-8F3367D9D02B.png

I dont know why but i was expecting him to be a little bigger. He looks pretty good! Skinny enough for me at least. Not full on heroin chic anymore, but skinny for a guy.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 6 users
View attachment 93354
I dont know why but i was expecting him to be a little bigger. He looks pretty good! Skinny enough for me at least. Not full on heroin chic anymore, but skinny for a guy.

The fact that he’s so thin/lean after (I assume) being on T for over a year is actually quite impressive. While he began very thin (and I too miss those spindly legs) he still has gained less weight than I would have expected.

Testosterone is a powerful hormone and it doesn’t just increase your appetite; it does everything that cis male puberty does to teenage boys. It makes you angry/frustrated, makes your sex drive spike, causes acne, and - most dramatically - changes your fat storage and muscle-building patterns.

I say all this to say: he is doing really well, and looking really good.

• Agree
Reactions: 14 users
The fact that he’s so thin/lean after (I assume) being on T for over a year is actually quite impressive. While he began very thin (and I too miss those spindly legs) he still has gained less weight than I would have expected.

Testosterone is a powerful hormone and it doesn’t just increase your appetite; it does everything that cis male puberty does to teenage boys. It makes you angry/frustrated, makes your sex drive spike, causes acne, and - most dramatically - changes your fat storage and muscle-building patterns.

I say all this to say: he is doing really well, and looking really good.

I agree 100%. This is also the reason why I don't find guys particularly thinspirational. They store fat and muscle completely different to me - what's the point of comparing us?

Also I think that if they're still lean like Nate, guys can pull off a higher weight better than girls.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I agree 100%. This is also the reason why I don't find guys particularly thinspirational. They store fat and muscle completely different to me - what's the point of comparing us?

Also I think that if they're still lean like Nate, guys can pull off a higher weight better than girls.

I also agree with this— personally, I don't like looking at super skinny men. I enjoy looking at super-fit, muscular, lean men; I think it looks masculine, and masculinity is what I find myself most attracted to in men, more often than not. I really could care less about the fact that he's not skinny anymore. To me, skinny is feminine, and big and muscular is masculine. Because of my mentality and the way I associate things with each other, I am overjoyed to see him get bigger and gain muscle mass over the course of his transition. In fact, I don't miss those spindly legs at all. There are plenty of other (female) spindly legs in the industry that we can drool over.

Nathan is no longer Natalie anymore. Natalie is gone, and that's fine. Wishing he were still thinspirational, even though he's no longer a female and therefore not realistically comparable to us by anatomy, is just pointless. In my opinion, if Nathan is a man, he should really be a man... ya know?

I'm sorry, but I just don't drool over guys with spindly legs. The bigger Nathan gets (with lean, vascular muscle and not fat, of course), the more I drool... and with that said, I can't frickin' wait to see more of his progress in his new fitness journey. 🤤

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user