Natasha Poly

810A5054-B327-4B29-ABBD-C0E6DCFD73AE.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Recent interview with In The Gloss. She was very in depth and charming. She also does an eye makeup tutorial at the end and the eyeliner she uses looks incredible, I'm going to buy it asap.

She references her first cover with a fake horse, I think this photo---very interesting.
IMG_2092.JPG

As well as doing her own makeup at the Met Gala:
IMG_2091.JPG

I just love her :luv:

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

The last paragraph struck me as strange: "...right now I am doing a vegan diet for 10 days. I have to – if I don’t, I will pick, pick, pick at bad food. This way, I just drink juice for a bit. To start with, it feels as though you are dying, then it gets better. Being vegan isn’t so bad. Breakfast can be blueberries, gluten-free muesli with almond milk, a big salad for lunch and cooked vegetables for dinner. See? Not so bad."

Is she saying juicing = veganism and that it makes you feel like you're dying? Um... Then later she mentions some foods which sound ok, although still, I don't understand some parts, like why the muesli needs to be gluten-free.

I get this might be a kind of cleanse for her, but I fail to see what this as to do with veganism except for the foods she will be eating are coincidentally plant-based. Also, saying "being vegan isn't so bad" makes it sound like it sort of sucks, but maybe I'm just being overly sensitive :nopity:
The rest of the article isn't so bad (see what I did there?), just the last paragraph was confusing and rubbed me the wrong way.

The last paragraph struck me as strange: "...right now I am doing a vegan diet for 10 days. I have to – if I don’t, I will pick, pick, pick at bad food. This way, I just drink juice for a bit. To start with, it feels as though you are dying, then it gets better. Being vegan isn’t so bad. Breakfast can be blueberries, gluten-free muesli with almond milk, a big salad for lunch and cooked vegetables for dinner. See? Not so bad."

Is she saying juicing = veganism and that it makes you feel like you're dying? Um... Then later she mentions some foods which sound ok, although still, I don't understand some parts, like why the muesli needs to be gluten-free.

I get this might be a kind of cleanse for her, but I fail to see what this as to do with veganism except for the foods she will be eating are coincidentally plant-based. Also, saying "being vegan isn't so bad" makes it sound like it sort of sucks, but maybe I'm just being overly sensitive :nopity:
The rest of the article isn't so bad (see what I did there?), just the last paragraph was confusing and rubbed me the wrong way.
This could be a weird translation issue, but she's definitely depicting veganism a bit differently than it has to be. No beans or legumes in her dinner description is a part of that. I totally get her depiction as a very diet-oriented and low-calorie approach to veganism, but veganism doesn't have to be the way she is descriing it and isn't unsustainable for most people if done thoughtfully. I'm not even vegan and I found her "see, not so bad i can drink juice" to sound more like restriction (nothing wrong with that obviously) than veganism itself.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
This could be a weird translation issue, but she's definitely depicting veganism a bit differently than it has to be. No beans or legumes in her dinner description is a part of that. I totally get her depiction as a very diet-oriented and low-calorie approach to veganism, but veganism doesn't have to be the way she is descriing it and isn't unsustainable for most people if done thoughtfully. I'm not even vegan and I found her "see, not so bad i can drink juice" to sound more like restriction (nothing wrong with that obviously) than veganism itself.

Was the interview in English? If it was, I could see how she might not be able to express herself very well. I'm just going to go ahead and assume that's what happened. I just hope no one sees this and thinks veganism is some crash diet you do for 10 days that makes you feel like you're dying lol

• Agree
Screenshot_20180520-135653.jpg
Screenshot_20180520-135732.jpg
Screenshot_20180520-135901.jpg
Screenshot_20180520-135707.jpg

From a fashion show made in cannes, is the last night I think, she has served a lot of pretty looks there ♡
Also, her smile:luv:

• Love