Nataliya Gotsiy

Here is an article I came across a while ago too where Nataliya Gotsii talks a bit about the negative attention she received ~around~ that time when the picture in the first post was taken: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2007/sep/09/fashion.newyorkfashionweek

I feel bad for her being singled out like that at that time :eek: Maybe she had to re-invent herself to keep her career moving afterwards.

I read the whole article. I like how Suzy Menkes said, "People have to accept that it is a much bigger picture than terrible fashion folks starving to get to the frocks..." This is so true. It is really sad how demanding the fashion world is but it's the girls' choice to go into the fashion world. Every person should be able to freely control what they do to their body. I think that most of the girls know the consequences of being extremely overweight and they should have the choice whether they want to be sickly. Of course, it's the job of those who know a lot (okay, everything) about dieting to guide the younger girls. But ultimately, every person chooses what they want to do with their body.

Not only fashion industry models get eating disorders - gymnasts, athletes in particular, singers get them too. So why does the modeling industry get the whole beating? Singers and ahtletes may even be more looked up to than fashion models.

It's a good article. Well-written and very informative.

Ahh, thanks AB...I recalled the article, but not exactly where it was originally published/written for..Thanks for the link to the original in NYMag (*long live nerdom!*)

251607-israel-bans-too-skinny-models.jpg

does anyone know who she is? i think she's absolutely stunning and would like to see more of her but i get nothing when i search. anyone have any idea?

one of my all-time favorit thinspo pics ever.

Perfect pics, I love the all look. :luv:

She actually has an ED :( And I'm not even assuming, I'm friends with her (or an insanely good con artist) on myfitnesspal.

Her bio says:

Full time student, full time model

Professional model for 13 years

After 8 years disordered, I'm working hard at recovery

If you cannot handle having a recovering ED sufferer in your friends list, then do NOT add me. I am here to continue working hard at building a healthy relationship with food, I welcome anyone willing to encourage that or who can relate to that.
I will not tolerate anyone asking me for restriction or purging advice.

If you do not like seeing low NETs remove me. I am working hard and do not need people reporting me and halting my progress towards happiness because they cannot understand it is not so simple as to 'just eat'

:wtf:

I think it's her: all the pictures are hers and the age and birth city match. She's still gorgeous though, I hope all goes well with her recovery.

that's horrible to hear, I hope she is doing better

Those überfamous pics of her remain one of my favorite thinspo pics. :run:

She looked very skinny, but not in a good way (it's very subjective of course, but to me she did not look healthy or happy on these pictures). I love to see bones, but on girls like Vlada, Snejana or Anja, who manage to make it look natural and effortless- Nataliya just looks tired on so many pictures, and if it's true that she had ED, then it explains it (great ribs though).