Natalie Portman's Wedding Dress

T

tiny83

I really like Natalie Portman but did you see what she wore down the aisle?
Am I the only one who thinks this looks more like a first communion dress?

natalie-portman-300x400.jpg

:wtf:

I expected so much more from her... :hmm:
the length, the sleeve :wtf:
to be honest the whole thing just looks so cheap and boring

Ughhhh. But do you think it might be because she had a traditional Jewish ceremony? Perhaps it's required to wear something plain and covering? I don't know, just wondering.... there has to be a reason for this, right? :grin:

Yeah it is way too sugary sweet for my taste but she looks pretty happy.

Exactly!!!
I think this De La Renta would have been better for her, that she's so beautiful :luv:
oscar-de-la-renta-spring2013-wd108745-014_vert.jpg

This would have been SO much better, and more appropriate. I just can't imagine what could have possessed her to choose this dress. But I will agree, that she looks absolutely overjoyed.

I just checked - it seems that sleeves and a high neckline are normal for a Jewish wedding so perhaps that is the reason for the dress choice.

btw, I hate these photos from someone creeping around in a tree to spy on the (private) wedding. I'd feel sick and frightened if this happened at mine.

I just checked - it seems that sleeves and a high neckline are normal for a Jewish wedding so perhaps that is the reason for the dress choice.

btw, I hate these photos from someone creeping around in a tree to spy on the (private) wedding. I'd feel sick and frightened if this happened at mine.

That makes more sense! And I completely agree, I wish there would have been another picture to choose from. That one has a very voyeur-ish quality.

I think the dress looks okay in other pictures and she is honestly so beautiful her face is always going to be the center of attention and yes, since it was a typical Jewish wedding she did had to be more conservative and cover her shoulders/arms.

Ughhhh. But do you think it might be because she had a traditional Jewish ceremony? Perhaps it's required to wear something plain and covering? I don't know, just wondering.... there has to be a reason for this, right? :grin:

My thoughts exactly, I'm sure she had to wear a very conservative dress! I'm not familiar with the religion though, so don't quote me on that one.

ugh, this. For me there is absolutely no appeal to being famous. I would rather live a humble life in anonymity than be wealthy in exchange for fame.

The dress does not appeal to me, personally, but she looks lovely and happy. That's
all that really matters anyways!

I really like Natalie Portman but did you see what she wore down the aisle?
Am I the only one who thinks this looks more like a first communion dress?

natalie-portman-300x400.jpg

:wtf:

I think the dress does not flatter her. Somehow the sheer sleeves make her arms appear big in this photo. And I thought she had a tiny waist but it doesn't look so in the dress. She does look incredibly happy and that is the most important thing.

I agree so much on the creeper photos - I dunno, I feel like if celebrities want some privacy, they should get it, though - especially for something as personal as a wedding.

As for the dress, I think it would be simple and lovely if the sleeves were made out of the stretch mesh that fits closer to the body. It's only that which bothers me, I guess it makes it look less sophisticated. Mind you, I use that stuff all the time for skating dresses, so it's the aesthtic I'm used to.

I expected so much more from her... :hmm:
the length, the sleeve :wtf:
to be honest the whole thing just looks so cheap and boring
I know, I thought she was sweet and funny in a few interviews I did of her (her rapping video :p) and she's so gorgeous in Black Swan but... come on Natalie do yourself some justice :)

Sometimes, when a pretty girl has looked pretty enough for as long as she can remember, she just wanna be...normal. She looks happy, and that's the most important. She has plenty of other days to look goddess-like :)