Natalia Vodianova

On how images of thin models affect women: "Come on, guys, it's better to be skinny than to be fat! We eat well, we exercise — please, do the same and you will look like this. I'm sorry, but today the NHS [Britain’s National Health Service] are fighting against obesity, children are taken away from their parents because they’re too fat … And here we are, defending that we are healthy and skinny."

On her diet: "I respect my body — my body is my temple. If I eat like a pig, I feel like a pig."
Blood type diet is bullshit but this is such a great, blunt way to say this.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I revise my point, I saw this in my feed and just went back to look at her work and her wiki. It more seems like it was after her second child. She still was very sexy and expressive etc right up thru 2004 or '05 at least. Her second child was in 2006. Everything after that is like ... she is dead behind the eyes. :(
Didn't she drop weight quickly after her first child? Seems she was still motivated then. I remember she spoke at some forum about model weight "guidelines" or something along those lines. Anyway, maybe all that money had something to do with it? What's the allure of modeling for someone like her (who got into for mostly financial reasons) when you have sufficient funds at home?

59I9EBl.gif

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalia_Vodianova

"
In 2015, Vodianova teamed up with Eugenia Makhlin, who has worked for tech sector in Google, Facebook, and AOL. They created The Elbi app, which was also launched on the App Store, it allows people to donate money with a "Love Button," create content, send messages, and vote. The app currently allows users to donate to a number of charities including Save the Children International, Walkabout Foundation, Blue Skye Thinking, and several others. The name stands for "Little Big" (LB), and the philosophy behind it is that you can make a big difference through little actions.[7]

On Vodianova words: "Elbi is a platform that brings the power of social and digital worlds to charities and connects them with people around the world. With Elbi you can do small actions that make a big difference. That is what Elbi stands for — little actions that can make a big difference. "Little actions can make a big difference. So often these stories are lost. Now all of us can take action straight from our phones and make a difference all over the world.""

i loved her before but i just read her bio and am so so touched--she has done so much good and has been so hardworking since the beginning of her career, and has 5 kids on top of that i'm truly stunned--beautiful inside and out

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalia_Vodianova

"
In 2015, Vodianova teamed up with Eugenia Makhlin, who has worked for tech sector in Google, Facebook, and AOL. They created The Elbi app, which was also launched on the App Store, it allows people to donate money with a "Love Button," create content, send messages, and vote. The app currently allows users to donate to a number of charities including Save the Children International, Walkabout Foundation, Blue Skye Thinking, and several others. The name stands for "Little Big" (LB), and the philosophy behind it is that you can make a big difference through little actions.[7]

On Vodianova words: "Elbi is a platform that brings the power of social and digital worlds to charities and connects them with people around the world. With Elbi you can do small actions that make a big difference. That is what Elbi stands for — little actions that can make a big difference. "Little actions can make a big difference. So often these stories are lost. Now all of us can take action straight from our phones and make a difference all over the world.""

i loved her before but i just read her bio and am so so touched--she has done so much good and has been so hardworking since the beginning of her career, and has 5 kids on top of that i'm truly stunned--beautiful inside and out
OT, but I love how much you love powerful women.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user