Natalia Vodianova

She's fit and beautiful but I have to admit not really thinspo for me...I prefer the dainty Vlada or Magda look, but to each their own!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
For Vogue Russia, September 2018 issue

PnqXn5ns_o.jpg

s2hvlOBG_o.jpg

124n2B6T_o.jpg

S Moda Spain, September 2018 issue:
cover:
6pDp9p9W_o.jpg

atH74OON_o.jpg

fpTsDzbj_o.jpg
K0OiY0Fb_o.jpg

Thoughts?
I've always had a soft spot for her

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 7 users

s2hvlOBG_o.jpg

atH74OON_o.jpg

fpTsDzbj_o.jpg
K0OiY0Fb_o.jpg

She looks so youthful! I absolutely adore that portrait of her. Those eyes :luv:

I think she's truly an embodiment of beauty inside and out. According to her instagram she's been doing loads of charity work lately.

I don't know about that dress though. I know she's given birth but still... I don't think it's the most flattering tbh :nervous:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
@saturation
I do agree with you. She represents the true beauty of a woman with a capital W.
Though I also agree, that black dress doesn't quite do it for me.

PnqXn5ns_o.jpg

s2hvlOBG_o.jpg

124n2B6T_o.jpg

S Moda Spain, September 2018 issue:
cover:
6pDp9p9W_o.jpg

atH74OON_o.jpg

fpTsDzbj_o.jpg
K0OiY0Fb_o.jpg

Thoughts?
I've always had a soft spot for her
I think her face look even better than it looked last year, i don't know what she is doing but it doesn't look like surgeries or something it seems like she is happy and she reflect it.

Nostalgic article in the Guardian - "The incredible shrinking model", Sep 2007.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2007/sep/09/fashion.newyorkfashionweek
In the great anorexia debate, models are talked about but rarely heard. Which is why it was so startling when Natalia Vodianova, one of those great and silent beautiful ones, the Cinderella from Russia, rose to speak at the Council of Fashion Designers of America panel on eating disorders.
At 19, Vodianova gave birth to a son and quickly became skinnier than ever, impressing the fashion world. At five foot nine, she weighed only 106 pounds, her hair was thinning, she was anxious and depressed - and she was a runway star with her first major advertising contract. After a friend confronted her, she sought help and got healthier, adding a few pounds. But when she got up to 112 pounds, her agent sat her down: Designers were complaining she wasn't as thin as she used to be. 'I defended myself, saying it was crazy to consider measurements like 33-27-34 to be normal. I think because I was one of the girls most in demand it helped me to be able to forget the incident quickly. On the other hand, it makes me think that if I had been weak at the time, I can really imagine how it could have helped me endanger myself.'

It's so weird to me that she said a 27 inch waist is small, even unhealthily small. Even 11 years later as a mother of 5, DNA have her listed as a 25.5 waist: can anyone enlighten me on wtf is going on here?
I love her, so thank god her face saved her - but I still have a hard time believing her waist was ever bigger than 27.

Bonus quote for those of us who miss the 2000s attitude:
If Fashion Week is about reinforcing hierarchies, skinniness has always been a way to compete. Being thin means control and, symbolically, that you are rich, that you are young, that you are beautiful, that you are powerful. And yet, when you are watching the industry through glasses that are not as pink as Tanya's, the models themselves, who are skinnier and younger than anyone, can seem like the weakest people here: manual labourers with short working lives. And whatever their eating habits, the girls in the gowns attract, like anorexics, an unstable mix of envy, anxiety, and scorn, a cultural response reserved for women reduced (or maybe elevated) to their bodies.

Quote from then-15 year old Tanya Dziahileva, who elucidated the matter of "anorexic" models better than the CFDA and the author of this actual article:
'The models is models, it's not like normal people, you know? They have to be beautiful, with good skin, and everything perfect.' The girls who got sick, she thinks, 'were just models who were so stupid, to don't eat food, you know? You have to eat good! I eat gorgeous food. I eat sushi, I eat meat, I eat steaks. I eat more than you, I'm sure.

'You know, it's actually really nice, that people take care about the models,' she says softly, when I tell her about the CFDA [minimum BMI] guidelines, which would ban her from the catwalk. 'But I'm 15 years old and I feel like I can do this. And I don't want to stop it! I don't want to stop it for one month, I don't want to stop it for one day. Some girls, you know, they look so young, and so, I don't know - I feel that I need to come to their home and help them go to sleep! But I can't say I feel like I'm 15. I feel like I'm 20. I feel like I'm 30! Because I feel great. My life is gorgeous! Who at 15 years old can see all the world, you know? It's just incredible, it's beautiful, it's amazing, it's - Fashion World!'

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Forgot about posting these, she's looking nicely toned, peep that xylo :kiss:

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
02D31dg.jpg

I like(d) Natalia as a model but she is increasingly looking like Kylie Minogue.

• Agree
0E9D66E1-C545-40E1-8D62-9143F791B2C7.jpeg

Spotted: a skinny and only moderately botoxed up 37 yo in the streets of west Chelsea, I thought they were going extinct

I know she’s not really skinny anymore, but I love Natalia too much not to post her recent photos from Vogue China. She looks stunning imo, she’s aged very well and facially she is beautiful.
5AFF955E-1BF2-434F-9A7C-C6D68DB17930.jpeg
AA08A636-9B50-4B52-BF96-F0323E54036B.jpeg
AB8A068B-AD2B-434E-9401-D4D9F1B8BEC5.jpeg
45E0919D-BED6-437E-892E-35B9A18873D3.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
natalia vodianova.png
natalia vodianova ii.png

Recent photos from her ig. I love the dress, love how it suits her and the serene vibes these photos give off.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
2e07507c3ddf1173c2ad03f822140a257c770fb8.jpg

photographed by ryan mcginley for porter spring 2015
Found this cute pic, never seen it before!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I know its been mentioned before that shes not quite in her prime anymore, but I still think she is one of the most beautiful models around. Recent editorial for Tatler UK wearing Dior
editorials.jpg
1302874-800w.jpg
1302873-800w.jpg
1302875-800w.jpg
1302869-800w.jpg
1302871-800w.jpg
1302856-800w.jpg

Will she ever look her age?:luv:

• Love
Woke up seriously missing time in the sauna, & then I saw these pictures—
89D13A2C-F824-4EC2-808A-4D6BF9CBA2EE.jpeg

E65F0DE4-2AE4-4244-B630-0F59D868F7BB.jpeg

Guess who’s wish was only doubled! From late February, but she’s such a beauty.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users