My Questions for Models-I was asked to model!

• Thread starter TheMostFabulousWhore
  • Start date
T

TheMostFabulousWhore

:kiss:So, I had no clue where else to put it. If any of the mods think it would be better somewhere else, feel free! :)
So I've been wanting to spill this to you lovelies since the day it happened, but my internet has been down, so this is my first chance to. *Type quick, before it changes it's mind!*
A good friend of mine is a photographer. She is just a teen, like me, but she takes art photos and is very good at it. Lots of stuff with people and models, but not specifically fashion shoots. Anyways, she is interning at a big department store here in the US called Nordstroms, and she works with the different fashion designers that supply clothes to Nordstroms and schedules meetings with the designers and CEOs and whatnot for advertising. She will set up photo shoots, too, and book photographers if the designer does not supply one for the photo shoots.
Anyways, she was setting up a shoot with her boss for a Nordstroms ad campaign for summer clothes. Not any one particular brand, just for the whole store. And...her boss asked HER TO BE THE PHOTOGRAPHER. He said that she has amazing skills in advertising and photography, so she would get paid a small amount of what a professional fashion photographer would be paid, but it could kickstart her photography career, so of corse she said yes!

Okay, now to the main part.
I was asked to model. I dropped by her work to say "Hi!" to her, and when I found her in a conference room, she was with an older woman who I figured was her boss (but who, I later found out, was helping her with the photo shoot casting), so I quickly said sorry and turned to go, but the woman stopped me. She said this: (I googled what "go see" and "signed" ment once I got home, but I did not know what they meant when she said it)
"Allison, you can't book a go see yet!" (Allison is my friend, the intern/photographer)
Allison "Oh, hey girl!"
Boss lady: "Wait- who are you? I like you. Walk." (This is to me. I had no clue what on Earth she was talking about.)
Me: Uh, Er, what? Sorry, ma'am. What do you need? Ill just- I'll just go now...
Her: "Walk. Walk down the room. Who are you signed with? And who do I need to call to get you over here?"
Me: Uhhh....????????
Anyways, after going back and forth like this, she realized that I have never modeled for anything except my school pictures, so she started to make a big deal and said that she would book (also looked that one up online: it means to schedule a job) me for Allison's shoot and then she gave me a buisiness card and called me to go in to her office in Dallas to take some headshots (she didnt want my dance ones) and get my stats. She works at this agency called Ford Models, and @BonnieN and @SugarFree say it is a good agency to model for. So, anyways, I just wanted to tell you guys! And I have no clue about anything modeling (except the models I use as thinspo ;)), so feel free to laugh about my lack of knowledge. Just, for those of you lovelies who are actual models, if you have any advice for me, I will really truely love you! :kiss:
Anyways, if anyone has read this far in my super long novel of a post, I will love you forever, too :lol::kiss:
I just had to tell you guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
She works at this agency called Ford Models, (...) it is a good agency to model for.

hehehe super funny gurl :lol: let's say this..wait, what is it called..'Ford' (?!) oh yeah, right, it is somewhat okay :lol:

I'll be happy to see the tips of the pros and be able to track your successful career from the very beginning :popcorn: work hard and lots of luck for you, sweetie!!!!!!

Congrats so far :highfive:

Maybe it would be helpful to tag the VIPs.....
And would you mind sharing your stats with us?! :)

Sure! Stats, as of now: BUT, hopefully smaller, as I measured this right after the begining of October, and I had been eating a TON of sodium, which makes me bloated. :lol: I will remeasure when November is over and I have finished the Hunge Games challenge...seeing the new smaller stats will be a reward! But, I do know that now my weight is at least al full pound below what I have below: I would guess 93.1 pounds or 42.2 kgs.
Aaaannnyywwaaayyysss...
Height: 5'4 (163 cm)
Weight: 94.8 lbs (43 kg)
31', 23', 33' (79', 58.4', 84' in cm)
18.7' thigh (47.5' cm)

And @BonnieN, is there a way to search all the VIPS, so I can just copy and paste their names to tag? Do you know? I feel lazy today ;):kiss: And thank you much much much for the good wishes :kiss:

Sure! Stats, as of now: BUT, hopefully smaller, as I measured this right after the begining of October, and I had been eating a TON of sodium, which makes me bloated. :lol: I will remeasure when November is over and I have finished the Hunge Games challenge...seeing the new smaller stats will be a reward! But, I do know that now my weight is at least al full pound below what I have below: I would guess 93.1 pounds or 42.2 kgs.
Aaaannnyywwaaayyysss...
Height: 5'4 (163 cm)
Weight: 94.8 lbs (43 kg)
31', 23', 33' (79', 58.4', 84' in cm)
18.7' thigh (47.5' cm)

And BonnieN, is there a way to search all the VIPS, so I can just copy and paste their names to tag? Do you know? I feel lazy today ;):kiss: And thank you much much much for the good wishes :kiss:

I have no clue..sorry :meh:
I just tagged those who are tagged at this thread http://www.skinnygossip.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4204 as well and added those I remembered..... :shy:

Oh and I see you are a petite gurl! Thanks for sharing your stats and just keep focused on your skinny path!! I have to quote @Serene 'cause it's awesome :lol: "keep it starving" guuuurrrrl :highfive:

and you're welcome :luv:

just make sure to share all your secrets and experiences with us :lol:

Wow @Dancer4Life ! you must be pretty overwhelmed and excited!
Don't be embarrassed about not knowing a lot, you've never done anything before and if modelling is something you want to do then you'll learn quickly enough! :)
Actually, super funny story. When I was super young and only with my acting agency I had a model mayhem account.. :run: ..anyway.. a ford agent showed some interest in me from my page on there and I was like "mom, these ford people want snaps?" and my mom, of course, was freaking out. And I was like "what's the big deal? I don't get it... is it Ford..like the cars?"
LOL whoopsies. :lol:

I've only heard good things about ford so far, and not to mention they're one of the top and most well known agencies in the world. Are you going to go ahead and meet with them?!
if you have anything you wanna talk about or ask feel free to message me :kiss:

Reactions: 1 user
@SkinnyLove sorry, I just had to tag you as well for the completeness :grin: anyways welcome again :)
(and sorry for being somewhat OT)

Wow @Dancer4Life ! you must be pretty overwhelmed and excited!
Don't be embarrassed about not knowing a lot, you've never done anything before and if modelling is something you want to do then you'll learn quickly enough! :)
Actually, super funny story. When I was super young and only with my acting agency I had a model mayhem account.. :run: ..anyway.. a ford agent showed some interest in me from my page on there and I was like "mom, these ford people want snaps?" and my mom, of course, was freaking out. And I was like "what's the big deal? I don't get it... is it Ford..like the cars?"
LOL whoopsies. :lol:

I've only heard good things about ford so far, and not to mention they're one of the top and most well known agencies in the world. Are you going to go ahead and meet with them?!
if you have anything you wanna talk about or ask feel free to message me :kiss:

Aw, thanks, I feel better about being a modeling-un-know-it-all now :lol::kiss: I don't know! I am deffinately going to do the photoshoot, and then I will see how I like it and see what modeling takes and if it is worth it. Also, I think I would have to cut back on dance lessons...so it would take some long deep thought (I am training to dance professionally, I hope! But now I am not so sure) :) Hehe- that's what I thought when I saw the name too :lol: I was just thinking, "Does she want me to be a commercial model? Like, a car comercial model???"
Ahh, my sad lack of knowledge. But I will deffinately ask if I get stuck, because you know your stuff :grin:

Ford and Elite have been going downhill. Sometimes sketchy agencies that only want money and will take anyone use Ford or Elites name. I have to assume that is what happened to you since you are only 5'4.

@SugarFree - It totally might be. I'm not sure- all I am completly sure of is that it is not modeling any particular brand of clothing, it is just for the main Nordstroms overall advratisments. I can check! It might be one of the kind of pictures they put on the home screen or on a paper ad, where it is not significant or anything, but it is there.
And @No One - eh, you're proably right. I personally was wondering about why me and was really skeptical at first, when I didn't realize that Ford was a really well-reputed agency untill today :oops: I do have that very "model"-y face and body and bone structure, but I am not tall, and I thought most models were quite tall, usually never ever shorter than 5'7 or 5'8, but sometimes as tall as 6'1 or 6'2 (not that I know anything, I just had kind of picked up on that from here, thinspo, and fashion blogs). So it might be desperation for someone new on their part, or just commercial modeling, or something like that. But I' havn't officially signed with them yet, and they are not "officially" managing (I'm not sure if that's the right term?) me to go to take this photoshoot, so if they really are bad news, I am not locked in or anything :) Thanks :) You are likely right, so I don't want to get tooo excited, but I still am anyways :oops: But I'll risk it, because worst case, I do this photoshoot and realize they aren't right for me, so I just don't sign, no big deal :)
Thank you both lovelies :luv:

Hmm, to me this story sounds a little bit like money saving. They want to hire your friend who is not a professional and you as a model, without experiences…

My publishing house f.i. always arranges a “casting” for the staff when it needs new ads for own image campaigns. And this way they don’t have to pay actual models.

Ford and Elite have been going downhill. Sometimes sketchy agencies that only want money and will take anyone use Ford or Elites name.

What agencies are going strong if they are going downhill? I thought they were the biggest ones, alongside IMG, in the industry? Just curious for when I get down to my goal weight/measurements, if I'm interested in giving modelling a go, which ones would be most desirable..
although I doubt I'd get any takers haha aim big, right?!! ha

Anyways, sorry to go off the topic but that sounds cool, even if it is just a homepage thing it'll be fun. Just be sure its not a scam or anything, although it does seem harmless enough :)

:kiss:So, I had no clue where else to put it. If any of the mods think it would be better somewhere else, feel free! :)
So I've been wanting to spill this to you lovelies since the day it happened, but my internet has been down, so this is my first chance to. *Type quick, before it changes it's mind!*
A good friend of mine is a photographer. She is just a teen, like me, but she takes art photos and is very good at it. Lots of stuff with people and models, but not specifically fashion shoots.

I believe you.

Anyways, she is interning at a big department store here in the US called Nordstroms, and she works with the different fashion designers that supply clothes to Nordstroms and schedules meetings with the designers and CEOs and whatnot for advertising.

I still believe you.

She will set up photo shoots, too, and book photographers if the designer does not supply one for the photo shoots.
Anyways, she was setting up a shoot with her boss for a Nordstroms ad campaign for summer clothes. Not any one particular brand, just for the whole store. And...her boss asked HER TO BE THE PHOTOGRAPHER. He said that she has amazing skills in advertising and photography, so she would get paid a small amount of what a professional fashion photographer would be paid, but it could kickstart her photography career, so of corse she said yes!

I still believe you.

Okay, now to the main part.
I was asked to model. I dropped by her work to say "Hi!" to her, and when I found her in a conference room, she was with an older woman who I figured was her boss (but who, I later found out, was helping her with the photo shoot casting), so I quickly said sorry and turned to go, but the woman stopped me.

I still believe you.

She said this: (I googled what "go see" and "signed" ment once I got home, but I did not know what they meant when she said it)
"Allison, you can't book a go see yet!" (Allison is my friend, the intern/photographer)
Allison "Oh, hey girl!"
Boss lady: "Wait- who are you? I like you. Walk." (This is to me. I had no clue what on Earth she was talking about.)
Me: Uh, Er, what? Sorry, ma'am. What do you need? Ill just- I'll just go now...
Her: "Walk. Walk down the room. Who are you signed with? And who do I need to call to get you over here?"

:rolleyes: :lol:

There. Right there is where you lost me. Try harder.

Reactions: 1 users
what an incredibly detailed story, and for someone that knows nothing about modelling you sure managed to say all the right words. its almost too good to be true.

I think you should totally get VIP at skinnygurl now!

What agencies are going strong if they are going downhill? I thought they were the biggest ones, alongside IMG, in the industry? Just curious for when I get down to my goal weight/measurements, if I'm interested in giving modelling a go, which ones would be most desirable..
although I doubt I'd get any takers haha aim big, right?!! ha

Anyways, sorry to go off the topic but that sounds cool, even if it is just a homepage thing it'll be fun. Just be sure its not a scam or anything, although it does seem harmless enough :)

Just because they are the biggest doesnt mean they are the best.
IMG is still good if not best.

@SugarFree - It totally might be. I'm not sure- all I am completly sure of is that it is not modeling any particular brand of clothing, it is just for the main Nordstroms overall advratisments. I can check! It might be one of the kind of pictures they put on the home screen or on a paper ad, where it is not significant or anything, but it is there.
And @No One - eh, you're proably right. I personally was wondering about why me and was really skeptical at first, when I didn't realize that Ford was a really well-reputed agency untill today :oops: I do have that very "model"-y face and body and bone structure, but I am not tall, and I thought most models were quite tall, usually never ever shorter than 5'7 or 5'8, but sometimes as tall as 6'1 or 6'2 (not that I know anything, I just had kind of picked up on that from here, thinspo, and fashion blogs). So it might be desperation for someone new on their part, or just commercial modeling, or something like that. But I' havn't officially signed with them yet, and they are not "officially" managing (I'm not sure if that's the right term?) me to go to take this photoshoot, so if they really are bad news, I am not locked in or anything :) Thanks :) You are likely right, so I don't want to get tooo excited, but I still am anyways :oops: But I'll risk it, because worst case, I do this photoshoot and realize they aren't right for me, so I just don't sign, no big deal :)
Thank you both lovelies :luv:

There is NO WAY in hell that they would hire a teenager to shoot their CATALOGUE?! Even the "home screen" and "paper ads" are from legit photographers. Have you taken a look at the Nordstroms site? They hold castings in LA. I have been to the castings. Some of the best models go. It is a big deal. They would not hire a 5 4 random that they found in an office.