My "Faces To Watch" for 2024

FashionThin

VIP - Insider & The Boss
Staff member
VIP
Recently Verified
Jan 20, 2012
New York
I kept meaning to do this after S/S wrapped but never got around to it until now. I will be coming back to edit this thread and clean it up / add links etc but for now just dumping my notes from S/S 2024 to force myself to get it finished. Maybe I'll start threads for the ones that deserve it.

First of all I saw some hope for a skinny comeback. There are still way too many bigger girls on the runways but this season was definitely an improvement from the "body posi" BS of the past few years.

It was kind of interesting to see the older models walking (Caroline, Stammy, Sasha P) but I have to be honest none of them looked good. There is a time to move on and they are way past it. #sorrynotsorry

Now the good.

Anastasiia Herasimova
Noticed her at A/W also. This is like the 3rd or 4th great new face I've seen from Blanc in the past couple years. Tall, graceful, long legs, great face. Classy vibe. She looks a little soft but still good. You can also tell she has been very well trained, so Blanc is doing it right unlike a lot of other MA's these days.

Lulu Tenney
Lulu looked fucking GREAT. e.g. D&G Milan, Coperni. I was so happy about that because I thought she was looking soft the last couple of seasons so it was so nice to see her at her best. I don't think any model is perfect, I can always find room for improvement, but Lulu was the closest thing to perfect I saw this season. It's ridic she doesn't have her own SG thread.

Line Holpert
I noticed her at Paris A/W and thought she looked great, so was disappointed that she didn't book anything this season. Anybody know what is going on with her?

Sascha Rajasalu
Body looked really good. Not as great as Lulu but arms and xylo were on point. A little thicker in the thighs but she has definitely toned up since last year (I didn't even notice her last year but went back and looked at her pics.) I like her face and am getting used to her scowl which I didn't like at first. I like this girl.

Julia Belyakova
Basically the only model that has gotten better with age. She used to look too much like Constance but not as much now. Also winner of the "model from S/S that I, FashionThin, would most like to get high and make out with" award. For some reason the look with the biker boots at Elisabetta Franchi sent me hnnng-ing

Vasilina Kireenko
Vasilina just keeps disappointing me. Her face is already looking rough, probably from eating all the junk, and she won't get her thighs down.

bpyRmKa.jpg

And her face stuffing continues despite knowing it needs to stop, aka being told 100 times:
sg9MGh9.jpg

It's frustrating because it's wasted potential. Also she was acting like a total skank in NY.

Valeria Buldini
She didn't book many shows but she looked great. Her legs looked even better than at A/W

Evie Harris
I know she's not new but every season I go back-and-forth on her. Sometimes she looks like a more proper/prettier Abbey Lee but other times she looks like a boring volleyball girl.

Cheyenne Tichich
Great face & eyes, great walk for beginner, but she looked really big. Not completely her fault (at Supriya it felt like they styled her specifically to look as curvy as possible) but it wasn't good.

Tess Breeden
Really like her face and walk, didn't see much of her body although in one look it.

Ana Rossolovich
Love her face, Avant girl, ww exclusive/opened Gucci at Milan

Evelina Safenreiter
Really like her range (facially she seems like she could do anything from commercial to high fashion) and a body that looks fashion.

Nadine Kirilova
Great look, great walk, excellent upper body. Needs to get the thighs down.

Ella Mccutcheon
Great look, "strong" body but def lost weight since last season. Still needs to trim down a little and to GET THE FUCK OVER HERSELF.

Best body of the season was Lulu Tenney. Second place Valeria Buldini. Third place Sascha Rajasalu.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 15 users
I agree with so many of your choices, but I'll focus on a few at a time and update this thread with additional comments of my own later.

Lulu Tenney
Lulu looked fucking GREAT. e.g. D&G Milan, Coperni. I was so happy about that because I thought she was looking soft the last couple of seasons so it was so nice to see her at her best. I don't think any model is perfect, I can always find room for improvement, but Lulu was the closest thing to perfect I saw this season. It's ridic she doesn't have her own SG thread.

I'm SO happy she lost weight; I always loved her look but thought she had the most offensive thunder thighs in 2020. Her facial features are so delicate, so I'm glad to see her body match that now.

Courrèges
kAkxRxU.jpg
4f2QYzd.jpg

Coperni
jv11Gxu.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana
3UdSOH0.jpg
rPHWauZ.jpg
shB6NDj.jpg

Sascha Rajasalu
Body looked really good. Not as great as Lulu but arms and xylo were on point. A little thicker in the thighs but she has definitely toned up since last year (I didn't even notice her last year but went back and looked at her pics.) I like her face and am getting used to her scowl which I didn't like at first. I like this girl.

IMO Sascha has unfortunate lower body propotions. She has narrow hips, knobby knees, and muscular thighs, but like you said, her upper body looks really good (probably among the best this season). I'm not completely sold on her face yet, but I do think she has an interesting look.

Proenza Schouler
dsFVtas.jpg

Michael Kors
7f0vqMq.jpg

Prada
qStacmA.jpg
5uMu7Ly.jpg

Victoria Beckham
tPMC5hv.jpg
QYjJAGB.jpg

Julia Belyakova
Basically the only model that has gotten better with age. She used to look too much like Constance but not as much now. Also winner of the "model from S/S that I, FashionThin, would most like to get high and make out with" award. For some reason the look with the biker boots at Elisabetta Franchi sent me hnnng-ing

Honestly I might make a thread for her because I have a small crush on her. She has a kind of understated, seductive vibe that I love. And you're right—she has gotten better with age. She looked so good at Elisabetta Franchi :inluv:

dNu2fqQ.jpg
2JMI2yi.jpg
5xcjYv2.jpg
ANVOFtO.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Line Holpert
I noticed her at Paris A/W and thought she looked great, so was disappointed that she didn't book anything this season. Anybody know what is going on with her?

From what I've gathered from her MA's Instagram, she's been doing more commercial work lately (e.g., Stradivarius, Armani Exchange, Brownie). IMO she is more suited for this type of work than for runway. She pulled off her look at Germanier last season, but not so much at Noir Kei and Ramzen S/S 2024 due to the larger-than-life styling. Her body looks good and her face is pretty, but her look leans more towards "influencer-pretty" to me.

wpaMaf3.jpg
UJAOwee.jpg

Germanier
ajRzkFj.jpg

vs. Noir Kei Ninomiya and Ramzen
WGMtmQD.jpg
H1MGylA.jpg

Vasilina Kireenko
Vasilina just keeps disappointing me. Her face is already looking very worn (probably from eating all the junk), and she won't get her thighs down.

Not only is she visibly gaining weight, but she's also acting more and more like Bella Hadid online. Her Instagram consists of two types of photos: 1) pigging out, and 2) contorting herself to look sexy and skinny. I can't even find her appealing in the slightest bit because her online persona genuinely gives me the ick.

319308672_826767261765544_3723512506376964408_n.jpg
319126050_680577440116265_5625616110937929952_n.jpg
353377331_6422997681079601_4896447704334324573_n.jpg
409205668_365482982829681_966690949608172575_n.jpg

In what world is this neck tilt attractive? It's giving "demonic possession" :mclap:
370696358_1774191129681897_8017708783102937434_n.jpg

Valeria Buldini
She didn't book many shows but she looked great. Her legs looked even better than at A/W

It’s been mentioned in her thread that she’s pursuing her Masters, so maybe that’s why she didn’t walk many shows this season. Her body is amazing—there's no doubt about it—and her face is becoming more interesting with age. Generally I like how her face is thinning out. I’m curious to see how her look will change as she gets older, and I commend her for continuously improving her physique every season.

Roberto Cavalli
cWvK9CA.jpg
DPeKp03.jpg

Missoni
RhE1EGa.jpg

Christian Cowan
CxERFUT.jpg
Zl0Qs2t.jpg

More comments on the other models coming later. Just want to break them up so the posts don't get too long :flower:

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Anastasiia Herasimova
Noticed her at A/W also. This is like the 3rd or 4th great new face I've seen from Blanc in the past couple years. Tall, graceful, long legs, great face. Classy vibe. She looks a little soft but still good. You can also tell she has been very well trained, so Blanc is doing it right unlike a lot of other MA's these days.

I have high hopes for her. She has a sweet, but captivating, look that still has room to evolve as she gets older. Dyeing her hair a darker color did wonders for her facial features. Not sure how old she is, but she appears to still have some baby fat in her face. Would love to see her features become more sculpted through weight loss and/or age.

Here's how she looked when she started modeling in 2020:
aqUkqtO.jpg
v05kZSb.jpg

vs. some recent runway looks:

Leonard Paris F/W 2023 and S/S 2024
79jCaIx.jpg
DPi4SAq.jpg
sqccqnP.jpg

Anteprima S/S 2024
JIiNaMC.jpg
NBXzLdV.jpg

Ermanno Scervino S/S 2024
cOKYGHx.jpg
Q5npN7A.jpg

Evie Harris
I know she's not new but every season I go back-and-forth on her. Sometimes she looks like a more proper/prettier Abbey Lee but other times she looks like a boring volleyball girl.

Agree with your comment about her looking like a boring volleyball girl. If she toned up her arms, she could pull off the athletic look, but right now her look is still leaves much to be desired.

eJiemrq.jpg
9suZqhG.jpg

Erdem
IFyVEcM.jpg
jlDEa2W.jpg
u7MyybP.jpg

Supriya Lele
zFJwcgJ.jpg
MyJmyhI.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana
3PRXunl.jpg
i5N93PM.jpg

Cheyenne Tichich
Great face & eyes, great walk for beginner, but she looked really big. Not completely her fault (at Supriya it felt like they styled her specifically to look as curvy as possible) but it wasn't good.

She has stunning eyes and complexion. There's a lot of potential with her look, but her current body reminds me too much of that of typical small-town American college girl.

E5kvAhL.jpg
uxADxDy.jpg

David Koma
hHltjB6.jpg
f9G5ySm.jpg

Surpiya Lele :nopity:
vKYDc7k.jpg
E3JiGJk.jpg

Giambattista Valli
10tNTLu.jpg
mmQrQoP.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
E5kvAhL.jpg
uxADxDy.jpg

David Koma
hHltjB6.jpg
f9G5ySm.jpg

Surpiya Lele :nopity:

vkydc7k-jpg.148369
e3jigjk-jpg.148368

Giambattista Valli
10tNTLu.jpg
mmQrQoP.jpg

She definitely needs to loose weight to look more elegant, the legs and waist are not it. I’m not necessarily a fan of her side profile but she has great eyes and bone structure

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Tess Breeden
Really like her face and walk, didn't see much of her body

There’s a gruffy, elfin quality to her look that I really like. She debuted as a WW exclusive at Bottega in 2022. I hope to see more of her in the upcoming seasons.

vFqXx4s.jpg
bA6wvi1.jpg

Tom Ford
pQ7Wjzd.jpg
uR7GRgg.jpg

Christian Dior
Ek2PiUo.jpg
W9Ch6eB.jpg
FsDKs1C.jpg
zhgNzjY.jpg

Victoria Beckham
VbOwalw.jpg
oRPIeXp.jpg
SksTONX.jpg

Ana Rossolovich
Love her face, Avant girl, ww exclusive/opened Gucci at Milan

She's absolutely gorgeous. Perfect face for beauty and luxury campaigns IMO. The sad beige color grading in Gucci's runway photos don't do her any justice. Her thighs are a little thick, but I almost don't mind it since her face makes up for it.

TAw2Htb.jpg
3rEWFwx.jpg
4CFrmVQ.jpg
TKdwK1D.jpg

Evelina Safenreiter
Really like her range (facially she seems like she could do anything from commercial to high fashion) and a body that looks fashion.

zpZnO1b.jpg
JdSZNbC.jpg

Anteprima
vV9vKA0.jpg
sLvoEu4.jpg

Giambattista Valli
vH3SO1X.jpg
jp6jQ3x.jpg
ci88ZWA.jpg

Elie Saab
o1SxbYZ.jpg
o1SxbYZ.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Last long post!

Nadine Kirilova
Great look, great walk, excellent upper body. Needs to get the thighs down.

She reminds me of Penelope Ternes, but with more angular/androgynous features. There's a lot of potential with her, and she appears to have a good attitude from her Instagram. Just wish she'd lose a little more on her thighs—her current body is very "Zara." Her face photographs beautifully in print, though.

hG3hPGe.jpg

Her legs were a little thinner in 2022 (from a test shoot and Miu Miu S/S 2023 respectively)
TB8BKZD.jpg
rG79lVP.jpg
9GqGtve.jpg
mt0ctHb.jpg

vs. Adeam :nervous:, Ashlyn, Vivetta, and Aniye Records S/S 2024
QWK3nXT.jpg
4sWcuGU.jpg
jLiMXo4.jpg
soW2mY1.jpg

Ella Mccutcheon
Great look, "strong" body but def lost weight since last season. Still needs to trim down a little

Usually I don't like models who look bored, but Ella is an exception because she is still present and in control of her gaze. And yes, she'd look better if she trimmed down some more, though I do appreciate her muscle tone (very much prefer this over Cheyenne's bulky build).

XycTVll.jpg
vMIaM0T.jpg

Blumarine
E5PzfgS.jpg
4oyFXqX.jpg

Gucci
O5w17if.jpg
1Nh6x4I.jpg

Victoria Beckham
ooCqRPF.jpg

Coperni
ZTLcu2C.jpg

Miu Miu
HjOtxW9.jpg
bGkWp2d.jpg

• Agree
  • Love
(Cheyenne's) current body reminds me too much of that of typical small-town American college girl

Hmm, I wonder why :hahano:

(Vasilina's) Instagram consists of two types of photos: 1) pigging out, and 2) contorting herself to look sexy and skinny. I can't even find her appealing in the slightest bit because her online persona genuinely gives me the ick.

86L3wg4.jpg

Unfortunately she is getting short-term reward (aka attention) from acting like a vulgar slut who "eats like the boys". Instead of listening to people who tell her to think longer term and show some class. She'll either figure it out quick or look back later and wish she did.

• Sad
  • Pig
Reactions: 5 users
Menswear and Couture Fashion Week just recently wrapped up, so I wanted to share updates about some of the girls on this list:

Lulu Tenney

She booked a lot of shows, and I'm happy to see her career continue taking off! I posted a lot of updates in her thread, but the major highlight was the Margiela show in Paris. She really embodied Galliano's whimsical, macabre vibe.

glXEMCM.jpg
6G7DdvF.jpg
pKaoAnu.gif
so6suWQ.gif

Sascha Rajasalu

She walked a good amount of shows as well. Her look and small frame work very well for delicate, dainty, fairy looks. The girly Tumblrina in me really liked her for JPG x Simone Rocha :hahano:

BgR47bt.jpg
gEQcJBz.jpg
qJTXf9Z.jpg
hMC3w5L.jpg

She also walked for Margiela. I could definitely see her in this look for a Tim Walker photoshoot :flower:

YQYp9Vc.jpg

Ella Mccutcheon

She's still on the muscular side, so I won't comment on her body (after all, nothing has changed). Out of all the shows she walked, she looked the best at Sacai and Dior IMO. I think she looks kinda "off" in hyper-feminine looks due to her "IDAF" demeanor.

Sacai and Dior both had more structured, utility* outfits:
Roo3dyy.jpg
IiK0IGc.jpg

*I can't think of the right word right now, but the point is that these looks aren't girly lol

whereas Chanel and JPG had conventional A-line, ruffled dresses:
HBWuvT4.jpg
Ps1JvQI.jpg

The disconnect could be due to her muscle tone or posture—I'm still not sure. I just know that I prefer her in laidback, androgynous-leaning looks.

Hyc8LMm.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
F/W 2024 Fashion Week has ended, so it’s time to report on some of these girls ✍🏻

Lulu Tenney

She had a great season as usual, walking 27 shows in New York, Milan, and Paris. It looks like she gained a little muscle (most noticeably in her legs), but she still looks okay overall. She was at her skinniest last season, so she’s probably finding ways to sustain a low weight now.

What I admire most about her is her huge improvement from the start of her career. She lost the weight and is sustaining it (so far). She also still looks fresh despite the major weight loss, constantly booking gigs, and aging.

Prada
eF2VJBB.jpeg
pCZEk6v.jpeg

Dolce & Gabbana
IoMDWpU.jpg
DqGwlVA.jpg
fko6NrJ.jpg
lIa3Bm1.jpg

Schiaparelli
RIJhxHZ.jpg
Si8fZJg.jpeg

Victoria Beckham
gpjOrpf.jpeg
an8XKHp.jpeg

Hermès
Fo3ICQ0.jpeg
YP007d6.jpeg

Coperni
L4LdR1O.jpeg
vcXDnV8.jpeg

Sascha Rajasalu

Honestly she won my heart over after JPG x Simone Rocha. She walked so many shows this season—a total of 27 in New York, Milan, and Paris like Lulu. Her thighs are still a little thick for her frame, but they’re not terrible.

Ludovic de Saint Sernin
B5Ao9Ce.jpg
fBVJDsL.jpg

Versace
Fv5ZEgF.jpg
7LcXiD7.jpg

Saint Laurent
08ufUnk.jpeg
Qx44EPe.jpeg

Victoria Beckham
33ZgNzZ.jpeg
LPAiLoZ.jpeg

Sacai
5qxBKeO.jpg
pkE0dWz.jpeg

(More posts coming soon)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Julia Belyakova

I really like her when she’s at her lowest, but she gained this season and looked so average (face + body wise). She only walked 2 shows (1 in New York, 1 in Milan) and she looked unremarkable at both.

In January, she was still thin:
1TXwBhi.jpg
IB8odeQ.jpg

Fast forward to February; her cheeks aren't as hollow and her body is softer all around:

Sandy Liang
3jhdlNc.jpeg

Aniye Records
geVo1oN.jpeg
5a8fge7.jpeg

Lately, runway hasn’t been the focus of her modeling career. Judging from her Instagram, she's mostly been booking shoots in New York here and there.

Valeria Buldini

She had a tacky start to 2024 with her ANTM-esque Vogue Italia cover. And this season, she walked 1 show in New York and 2 shows in Milan—not many, but she looked good in all of them.

1irwRMl.jpg
8sgFbLe.jpg

Carolina Herrera
TuEXgG2.jpg
L8z07yv.jpg

Roberto Cavalli (love her for this brand, always)
zJPNiLn.jpg
f3vlWNe.jpg
vaXqMIO.jpg
TZbVv55.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana
bGRF5wN.jpeg
HnLzplw.jpeg

Evie Harris

There isn’t much to report on her; she only walked 1 show in London and another in Paris. I can’t help but lament over how much better she’d look if she was skinnier or at least a little more toned.

David Koma
o4H8A0A.jpeg

Galvan
QAB5HES.jpeg
DN67kFe.jpg

Ana Rossolovich

So far this year, she's landed a Gucci campaign, then she opened for the brand again for F/W 2024. As much as I wish she’d trim down, I don’t think she will since she’s never been super skinny (and Avant has gotten super lax with their weight standards). She's still gorgeous though, and I’m happy for her success.

LzRPQse.jpeg
0x0oSMk.jpeg

Gucci S/S 2024 campaign
Kv7Vmrb.jpeg
iPPFi3y.jpeg
ykOw865.jpeg

Gucci F/W 2024
xpglCzS.jpeg
1cimHyW.jpeg

(More posts coming soon)

• Love
Last post!

Tess Breeden

She had a good start to the year with the launch of Sportmax and Celine’s S/S 2024 campaigns:

h5lJ4xP.jpeg
7MITVXM.jpeg
4Pp6X5u.gif
MPnqYDp.gif

SKgeCUM.jpeg
M9UwwkB.jpeg
9P6mUPn.jpeg
GWnQI6f.jpeg

On the runway, she walked 8 shows in New York, Milan, and Paris. From what I can tell looking at her portfolio, she does a does good balance of print and runway work. Great look and good portfolio; I'm sure she'll continue doing well (might create a thread for if she keeps it up).

Helmut Lang
A6Dg2Zd.jpeg
6etUfR2.jpeg

Tom Ford
zBRJ9q2.jpeg

Christian Dior
Owijqlt.jpeg
OXtno9G.jpeg

Nadine Kirilova

So far this year she hasn't done much work. She booked a few print gigs (including a Gucci story for 032c) and walked for Shiatzy Chen in Paris. It's still a bit early to see where she'll go with modeling career.

HdOUNII.jpeg

Hcff1Z4.jpeg
lvDe1LH.jpeg

Ella Mccutcheon

After Couture Season wrapped up, she walked for Jacquemus in Nice and landed two covers for Harper's Bazaar Italia's February issue.

On the runway, she looked less "off" this season. Her body is still muscular as ever, but I think she looked better because she wasn't put in frilly-feminine looks. In total, she walked 17 shows in Milan and Paris.

Roberto Cavalli
pk02u7J.jpeg
Kl5y6vM.jpeg
FSU1wf8.jpeg

Gucci
pK750DV.jpeg
mRzTxVu.jpeg

Christian Dior
yyqwRfv.jpeg

Duran Lantink
2f5wB7R.jpeg
iEvmWiD.jpeg