Mr. Robot - New series

Remedios

Rising Star
Sep 6, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Mr. Robot is an American Cyber-punk thriller drama, with an interesting plot revolving around the world of hackers, big evil corporations, conspiracies, and that Matrix-like premise that we all live in a sort of intellectual and spiritual slumber, being controlled by the few powerful companies and individuals that relay on keeping the population numb and entertained with thoughtless feed and routine, taking away our freedom without us even noticing.

EgKa0N6.jpg

I saw the first three episodes and so far it looks quite promising. Also, the lead actor Rami Malek is hot, which is always a plus...

blSYwegl.jpg

3MLDzkf.gif

His character in this series actually reminds me of Lisbeth Salander in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Has anyone else seen it? What do you think?

Reactions: 2 users
OMG I've been bingeing on this all weekend. Highly recommend you guys watch it if you're still on the fence. I was hooked after the first 5 minutes.

Reactions: 1 user
Just watched the first two episodes. Love it so far!

Maybe Spoiler Alert

-------

I have a theory that this is some kind of fight club situation, with Elliot actually being Mr. Robot, but not knowing it, and Slater as the Brad Pitt character... but like I said, I've only seen two episodes so far...

Reactions: 1 users
Just binged watched the entire first series over the weekend because I loved this show so much.

It's great to see Christian Slater doing this sort of part again - his character was kind of like an older version of JD in Heathers.

His character in this series actually reminds me of Lisbeth Salander in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

There were a few similarities between them, I'd agree. I think with both characters, they managed to indicate that they had autistic tendencies without making it too central an issue and in this, they managed to show this in a way that separated it from the more troubled aspects of his character. I also liked that they showed him as having a lot of empathy as well.

It's great to see Christian Slater doing this sort of part again - his character was kind of like an older version of JD in Heathers.

And he just won a Golden Globe for this performance! :luvluv: Well deserved. Really looking forward to Season 2.

I read somewhere that Mr. Robot had been originally envisioned as a feature film, but then was adapted as a series. That made so much sense to me, I kept thinking that there was something different about the way it was made (those powerful opening scenes for every episode followed by the title in big red letters, for example), and it's exactly that: it's very filmic in both style and pace.

Anyone still watching? I started the second season but I'm a little bored to be honest. The whole anarchist/"open your eyes sheeple" vibe is irritating and kinda cringey at this point, but maybe I'm biased because I've seen so many adverts with the "Control is an illusion" tagline on them recently :meh:

At least Carly Chaikin is skinny, so I can tolerate her even if her character drives me up the wall.

Anyone still watching? I started the second season but I'm a little bored to be honest. The whole anarchist/"open your eyes sheeple" vibe is irritating and kinda cringey at this point, but maybe I'm biased because I've seen so many adverts with the "Control is an illusion" tagline on them recently :meh:

At least Carly Chaikin is skinny, so I can tolerate her even if her character drives me up the wall.

I've watched the first 7 episodes of season 2! Its like a completely different show. There's also a sudden PLOT TWIST with Elliot that a lot of the fans really hate.

So glad there's a thread on this!

I actually love Darlene - she's not the kind of person I'd be friends with irl but at least her character is complex. It's Angela I hate - vacillates between pathetic little girl and powertripping not-the-good-kind-of-bitch.

Went through this phase a few weeks ago where I stalked every social media account Carly Chaikin had, but please don't do this because her Snapchat is so mind-numbingly vapid. She overuses the bee filter and says nothing cool or intelligent.

Haven't seen last night's episode yet, so no spoilers - how was it? I wasn't super into the plot twist from last week, but I'm hoping they'll explain it in a way that doesn't destroy the show.

Here's more Carly pics:
Carly-Chaikin-Feet-2080709.jpg
carly-chaikin-mr-robot-nbc-press-day-12.jpg

Carly-Chaikin-13-768x771.jpg

Has anyone else watched the most recent season (season 3)?

Also the cast are so attractive:

NUP_174568_0004.JPG