Most Overrated Models...?

P

prettybones

I'm curious... who do you think are the most overrated models in the industry right now and why? For me, i'd have to say Lindsey Wixson and Cara D.

i6lapk.jpg

hjv_zpsd45c360b.jpg

-Barbara Palvin (I liked her when she was fresh on the scene.. she was a cute little thing!)

-Kate Upton

-Cara

Apart from the most obvious ones (already mentioned) I have never got the hype for Arizona Muse.

Also, not exactly "overrated" per se, but I'm not a big fan of Liu Wen. I prefer other Asian models like Sui He.

Also Candice Swanepoel I find a bit overrated. Sure, she has a nice body, but for me she's not HF and should stick to VS type shoots.

Cara. I know it has been mentioned already but for real: I don't like her wannabe-crazy attitude. Yes, she really is able to fit into many different campaignes. But please stop behaving so incredibly childish.

I hate Cara, although I actually just really don't like her face (any time I see a "good" editorial of hers I roll my eyes) and the personality isn't doing her any favours. Also, any high-profile "model" in Australia - Meghan Gale, Jennifer Hawkins... vom. Abbey Lee/Gemma aren't examples of this kind of model because they are too HF and aren't tanned enough for the typical Australian.

-Arizona
-Lindsey
-Daphne
-Cara
-Barbs
-Kate U. (Oh sorry, the question was just meant for models.. Ah, never mind)

Those are pretty much the ones..

i cant stand Cara, candace S., Erin h.
all i see on my tumblr feed is candace and cara.. its like, alright already!

My top five are:

1. Adriana Lima
2. Cara Delevinge
3. Barbara Palvin
4. Lindsey Wixon
5. Miranda Kerr

I never understood the fascination with Adriana or Lindsey. As for Barbs and Cara, I feel like they are sort of relying on the fame they get from being seen with famous boy band singers (although I know Cara did a lot of HF beforehand). As for Miranda, although I used to love her, I feel like now she's getting older and the supposed smoking seems to be catching up with her skin, she's not as amazing as she once was.

Reactions: 1 user
Cara D. (She´s pretty, but her annoying 5-year old girl with ADHD attitude is so too much)
Adriana (Her body horrified me in the last VS show. :meh:)
Brooklyn Decker (She looks more like a Playboy Bunny than a model)
Bar Refaeli, Lindsey Wixson (generally all the tootgap girls), Coco Rocha, Chanel Iman...

And I´m tired of people wishing for Gemma Ward to return.
I guess it´s because she used to be an amazing thinspo that many girls just can´t let go and desperately wait for her to return- but this isn´t going to happen; at least not with the body she used to have when she was young.
Get over her.

And I´m tired of people wishing for Gemma Ward to return.
I guess it´s because she used to be an amazing thinspo that many girls just can´t let go and desperately wait for her to return- but this isn´t going to happen; at least not with the body she used to have when she was young.
Get over her.

index.php

Reactions: 3 users
I think Karlie Kloss is overrated. She has a very strong, unique look which has helped her create some of the most amazing pictures but now it seems like she's the go to model for everything. She's not as versatile as people want her to be imo. That recent VS shoot was a great example. Great model? Yes. Superstar chameleon who fills every niche? No.

Also I think its getting to the point where Adriana and Ale might need to hang up those angel wings. Then again, they kept Heidi Klum around til she was like 40. :lol::lol:

• Toni Garrn. Generic and so so so boring. No idea why people like her so damn much.
  • Samie Robinson. And yet another Tumblr "model" whose agency seems to be Instagram.
  • Daphne and Wixson. Yes. They're "unique". We get it already. Now go find other unique girls who are actually worth it.
  • Joan Smalls. N. 1 in models.com? Sorry, she's not that special.
  • Cara Delevingne. Just... Stahp!
  • Candice Swanepoel. OMG another generic blonde VS Angel! She is used for EVERYTHING and VS just seems to push her toward our faces.
  • Adriana Lima. Yes she's hot, but she's definitely not all that.
  • Miranda Kerr. I used to like her at first, but she's boring now.
  • Ginta Lapina. Another pretty girl everyone seems to obsess over. I love her, but I also think she's overrated.
  • Kate Upton. Sexy model with big breasts? People say Kate and forget about Lara Stone, who is all that but has more class, grace and talent and her face isn't as boring.
  • Barbs Palvin. She's a damn hype. When she was younger she was cute and I liked her a lot but now everyone is fucking obsessed and talk about her as if she was the best model ever (WTH? she only has one face expression and is more commercial than...) Not to mention she has gained much popularity for Biebs and has a girl-next-door face that gets boring and looks like a cheap copy of Natalia Vodianova's.

• Toni Garrn. Generic and so so so boring. No idea why people like her so damn much.
  • Samie Robinson. And yet another Tumblr "model" whose agency seems to be Instagram.
  • Daphne and Wixson. Yes. They're "unique". We get it already. Now go find other unique girls who are actually worth it.
  • Candice Swanepoel. OMG another generic blonde VS Angel! She is used for EVERYTHING and VS just seems to push her toward our faces.
  • Ginta Lapina. Another pretty girl everyone seems to obsess over. I love her, but I also think she's overrated.
  • Kate Upton. Sexy model with big breasts? People say Kate and forget about Lara Stone, who is all that but has more class, grace and talent and her face isn't as boring.
  • Barbs Palvin. She's a damn hype. When she was younger she was cute and I liked her a lot but now everyone is fucking obsessed and talk about her as if she was the best model ever (WTH? she only has one face expression and is more commercial than...) Not to mention she has gained much popularity for Biebs and has a girl-next-door face that gets boring and looks like a cheap copy of Natalia Vodianova's.

Babydoll, I was waiting for you to post on this thread. I love your view on models! :cool:

Yes! :highfive:
And additionally:
Arizona Muse
Karlie Kloss (Yeah, she is a good model, but TOO MUCH hype about her)

and

Freja Beha Erichsen. I am probably the only one but I find her boring and not special.