3. Ralph Lauren
4. Calvin Klein
5. Vera Wang
6. Tory Burch
7. Kate Spade
8. DVF
9. Betsey Johnson
10. Tom Ford

Surprised ODLR and Donna Karan aren't there but C-list brands like Tory Burch, Kate Spade, DVF, and Betsey Johnson are. I can't believe the shit Marc Jacobs makes actually sells well though...

Surprised ODLR and Donna Karan aren't there but C-list brands like Tory Burch, Kate Spade, DVF, and Betsey Johnson are. I can't believe the shit Marc Jacobs makes actually sells well though...

Price. I can afford a Kate Spade dress but no way in hell a Oscar de la Renta. I'm OK with spending money for something that's in season and Kate Spade is still great quality, but I'm not forking out $1,000 for something that is meant for one seasons use. SURE if I made tons of money, then yeah.

I agree with @SugarFree price is still important. Many people want to have designer items without shelling out a couple hundred or thousands of dollars. So I can see why Betsey Johnson and Kate Spade are on the list since they are pretty good quality and not too expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Price. I can afford a Kate Spade dress but no way in hell a Oscar de la Renta. I'm OK with spending money for something that's in season and Kate Spade is still great quality, but I'm not forking out $1,000 for something that is meant for one seasons use. SURE if I made tons of money, then yeah.

Yeah price is definitely the main selling point, but I didn't think those brands were so popular that they would outsell several prestigious designers. I would've guessed that Juicy Couture would make the list over Kate Spade, Tory Burch, and Betsey Johnson.

I thought Betsey Johnson went out of business? Her shit is all over Nordstrom's sales rack and all of the flash sale websites. I haven't seen a physical store in awhile. I have a couple BJ bras that were cheaper than VS but still decent quality and in my extremely hard to find size so I guess I shouldn't trash talk her too much though.

I can see why Marc Jacobs is so high on that list... I mean, look at all the lines. Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Little Marc Jacobs, all the perfumes and stuff and that Bookmarc stuff. ''Look at my Marc Jacobs pencil set!!!''

Those are actually really cheap, and people really want a ''real Marc Jacobs'' :meh: So they just get a diary and tell everybody it's designer.

I don't get the whole Marc Jacobs craze.

I thought Betsey Johnson went out of business? Her shit is all over Nordstrom's sales rack and all of the flash sale websites. I haven't seen a physical store in awhile. I have a couple BJ bras that were cheaper than VS but still decent quality and in my extremely hard to find size so I guess I shouldn't trash talk her too much though.

Betsey Johnson is definitely not out of business. She showed her S/S 13 collection during FW. I wish she would go out of business though, her clothes are so ridiculous, she's probably one of the reasons why Roberto Cavalli thinks American fashion is terrible (although his clothes would fit right in since his collections are tacky as hell :rolleyes:).

My opinion

1. Michael Kors - Their stuff is for tweens, everyone in London has MK stuff. Not really a fan.
2. Marc Jacobs - Blah, it's the most overrated brand
3. Ralph Lauren - Classic pieces are incredibly expensive but some of their stuff is like you're dressing for the circus
4. Calvin Klein - I actually like Calvin Klein (not their jeans line)
5. Vera Wang - This one too
6. Tory Burch - it's okish, but not something I'd buy from.
7. Kate Spade - Not too familiar with the line
8. DVF - Not a fan
9. Betsey Johnson - Not a fan
10. Tom Ford - I like.

My opinion

1. Michael Kors - Their stuff is for tweens, everyone in London has MK stuff. Not really a fan.

OMG I TOTALLY AGREE. Its like every teenybopper on tumblr and instagram are obsessed with these white or rose gold watches and it's the "cool thing" to have...because we all want to look the same. I recently have spotted MK saffiano leather (or look-a-like) totes and cringed soooo hard. What does he think he's doing?!? And then I went out and met a girl who works for Coach and we legitimately had like a 2 hour discussion about how MK sucks and how knockoffs are stupid.