Moriah Pereira - That Poppy

It's nothing personal! I just don't see how being inspired by men is considered "odd". It seems like you think having an affinity for male beauty is quirky or edgy. I think the meme is pretty self
explanatory.

On a more topical note: IMO there's something about That Poppy (and Titanic Sinclair) that really bothers me. They try to confuse people into thinking their content is deep with nonsense statements and impressive production value. Don't conform to consumerism and be yourself but be just like me and don't forget to by my single on iTunes! Feels like a cheap contrived marketing ploy to me...

Also shouldn't this be in the Online section? I feel like that's probably more appropriate.
I was pretty sure other people liked male thinspo which is why it was surprising it wasn't here. I saw someone apologize for posting a male model in the androgynous thread; then I realized I hadn't seen people referring to other members as he or him except AB. I don't think it's odd I just didn't know why they weren't here. I have male friends who like the thin lifestyle as well it would make sense that this place would draw some of them too.

I could see people thinking that about them. I find that the way they hide the message is what makes it appealing personally not necessarily the message itself. Like e e cummings poetry. He may be writing about a topic but he dances around coming out and saying it. Instead he alludes to it and stylizes it so that even if we've heard about love a thousand times we've never heard about in this way.

The description for online threw me off because I did think about putting this there. It said to discuss sites and she's not quite a website.

The description for online threw me off because I did think about putting this there. It said to discuss sites and she's not quite a website.
If you actually look through what's actually posted in the online section, it's mostly internet stars like youtubers, instagram models, tumblr girls etc.

OK, I'm a lil embarrassed to say that I got way too high and did way too much research on That Poppy.

TL;DR -- All the vids are Titanic Sinclair's vision. His past stuff all looks the same, just without "Poppy."

Suppooooosedly, his previous muse/brainchild was "Mars Argo" till they broke up. Basically Poppy's prototype.

Now, Titanic is apparently with Moriah (Poppy). Personally I find Titanic way more endearing than Poppy cause it's his aesthetic-- I wouldn't call Moriah an internet sensation.

18949734_326067624479671_9068758411109203968_n.jpg

Anyway, that's all I got. I don't consider either of them thinspo (but I like how Titanic looks in a suit, judge me :facepalm:.) And I'd provide sources for my claims but they all suck, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user
Like e e cummings poetry.
e cummings
e
is
absolute

s i
h t
e .

(I agree with @ghostgirl There's something really pseudo-intellectual/pseudo-marxist about this? It almost reminds me of like a really off-brand vorticism. The ethos behind it is just really foggy with its "making fun of pop culture" thing. It's overdone and overthought but underconsidered, like that one philosophy bro that's in any other arts lecture that feels the need to discuss Zizek or Nihilism even when it's really inappropriate and he just isn't realising where he is.)

Editing to add the picture of what my really hard work e e cummings statement was supposed to look like:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 07.02.02.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 07.02.02.png
    940 bytes · Views: 138
  • Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users
e cummings
e
is
absolute

s i
h t
e .

(I agree with @ghostgirl There's something really pseudo-intellectual/pseudo-marxist about this? It almost reminds me of like a really off-brand vorticism. The ethos behind it is just really foggy with its "making fun of pop culture" thing. It's overdone and overthought but underconsidered, like that one philosophy bro that's in any other arts lecture that feels the need to discuss Zizek or Nihilism even when it's really inappropriate and he just isn't realising where he is.)

Editing to add the picture of what my really hard work e e cummings statement was supposed to look like:
Omg I'm cracking up that you went through the trouble of screenshotting that so you could thoroughly express your dislike for him that's too funny!
To
E
Ach
Their own

• WTF
Reactions: 1 users
I don’t mean to bring up an old thread but it seems like she’s definitely lost some weight
53723BF6-5537-4C11-B472-F7F3263437DF.jpeg
7F5794C0-D917-40BC-9676-5662F1EB272F.jpeg
45A70E32-D880-4578-99D3-C2B173BE5F7D.jpeg
9B697897-DC7C-4138-B14F-0180315C019D.jpeg
FD9A825B-62F7-4733-87CC-B691E224AF3B.jpeg
2B77FA54-96B1-4B83-B1CC-36DEC2C8A2EF.jpeg
04CB5D72-3372-4561-A133-56A902A83C6C.jpeg
224BF955-D5D1-4510-9F3A-0230E84549E2.jpeg

She’s also changed her style quite a bit and I don’t believe she’s with Titanic anymore. I think she looks pretty good and I like her new music. Thoughts?

• Love
  • Jizztastic
Reactions: 13 users
I like her hipbones in her video for Bloodmoney. The music is a different story (at least to my taste). She's definetely slimmed down quite a bit since her creepy/kawaii days.

Her jawline is also more defined. Her bone structure is a lot more prominent nowadays.

Her legs are everything :ijizzed:
From her story:
557AD5A1-4B67-4C52-9048-A9354A97E585.png

• Disagree
Reactions: 2 users
I know people here are commenting on her body which is cool, but I have a serious issue with this chick. Playing a character is fine, blatantly lying to fans isn’t the same. Standing up for women’s rights, but also a Trump supporter - not that those two things are exclusive. Does this bother anyone else? Kudos to her for when she does get skinny but I personally think she’s playing up to lighting and angles. A liar usually lies about more than one thing... I wouldn’t put it past her.

Reactions: 5 users

If you have free time that's a really interesting video... I had no idea who she was before seeing it

I’ve been following this for ages, since she started because I was a Mars Argo fan. Their court case was wild, have you seen the photos?? He smashed her place.
Poppy has always been a replacement, but then she took on a victim role (lol) and what made me truly disgusted with her was outing Titanic’s very private suicide attempt.

Another wonderful drama to follow is Die Antwoord and Zheani. Yolandi is thinspo. I was a huge DA fan, and (conflicted) still am. Their music is amazing but the people are absolute shit. From their (adopted) kid terrorising the neighbourhood to his obsession with dating girls that look like his biological daughter... that’s if you don’t consider all the occult and potential rape.

• Agree
  • Sad
  • WTF
Reactions: 6 users
I know she's a fairly controversial figure but personally, I've really been enjoying her music since her split from Titanic. I think she's also consistently been losing weight since she's switched out her pastel aesthetic for a more heroin-chic one, here are a few fairly recent pictures from her Instagram:

She covered t.A.T.u's 'All The Things She Said' and she looks quite lovely on the cover art for that too

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I know she's a fairly controversial figure but personally, I've really been enjoying her music since her split from Titanic. I think she's also consistently been losing weight since she's switched out her pastel aesthetic for a more heroin-chic one, here are a few fairly recent pictures from her Instagram:

She covered t.A.T.u's 'All The Things She Said' and she looks quite lovely on the cover art for that too

She looks great recently. Really lithe and angular. I remember once seeing Grimes and Poppy both tweeting about eating sandwiches and snacks and just talking a lot about food in general while they were at Grimes’s house writing a collab (the fallout of which was sort of messy) and thinking... sure ladies :lol:

• Funny