Moriah Pereira - That Poppy

Discussion in 'Celebrities' started by Fairina, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Fairina

Fairina Rookie

I was pretty sure other people liked male thinspo which is why it was surprising it wasn't here. I saw someone apologize for posting a male model in the androgynous thread; then I realized I hadn't seen people referring to other members as he or him except AB. I don't think it's odd I just didn't know why they weren't here. I have male friends who like the thin lifestyle as well it would make sense that this place would draw some of them too.

I could see people thinking that about them. I find that the way they hide the message is what makes it appealing personally not necessarily the message itself. Like e e cummings poetry. He may be writing about a topic but he dances around coming out and saying it. Instead he alludes to it and stylizes it so that even if we've heard about love a thousand times we've never heard about in this way.

The description for online threw me off because I did think about putting this there. It said to discuss sites and she's not quite a website.

2. vie

vie Rising Star

If you actually look through what's actually posted in the online section, it's mostly internet stars like youtubers, instagram models, tumblr girls etc.

3. anne

anne Rising Star

OK, I'm a lil embarrassed to say that I got way too high and did way too much research on That Poppy.

TL;DR -- All the vids are Titanic Sinclair's vision. His past stuff all looks the same, just without "Poppy."

Suppooooosedly, his previous muse/brainchild was "Mars Argo" till they broke up. Basically Poppy's prototype.

Now, Titanic is apparently with Moriah (Poppy). Personally I find Titanic way more endearing than Poppy cause it's his aesthetic-- I wouldn't call Moriah an internet sensation.

[​IMG]

Anyway, that's all I got. I don't consider either of them thinspo (but I like how Titanic looks in a suit, judge me :facepalm:.) And I'd provide sources for my claims but they all suck, so take all this with a grain of salt.

• Like Like x 1
  4. misscat

misscat Grand Dame

e cummings
    e
    is
    absolute

s i
    h t
    e .

(I agree with @ghostgirl There's something really pseudo-intellectual/pseudo-marxist about this? It almost reminds me of like a really off-brand vorticism. The ethos behind it is just really foggy with its "making fun of pop culture" thing. It's overdone and overthought but underconsidered, like that one philosophy bro that's in any other arts lecture that feels the need to discuss Zizek or Nihilism even when it's really inappropriate and he just isn't realising where he is.)

Editing to add the picture of what my really hard work e e cummings statement was supposed to look like:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fairina

Fairina Rookie

Omg I'm cracking up that you went through the trouble of screenshotting that so you could thoroughly express your dislike for him that's too funny!
    To
    E
    Ach
    Their own

• WTF WTF x 2
  6. FrançoiseEllyn

FrançoiseEllyn Grand Dame

There's that attitude again...

7. ghostgirl

ghostgirl Rookie

genuinely curious @Fairina, are you okay?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Fairina

Fairina Rookie

You'd have to look up e e cummings poetry. It's how he writes.

And no I wasn't having an attitude I really did think it was funny! Didn't mean to come off that way.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ghostgirl

ghostgirl Rookie

Hmm, E. E. Cummings? That sounds quite familiar...Is he the lead singer of The 1975??

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. FrançoiseEllyn

FrançoiseEllyn Grand Dame

Hahahaha I laughed out loud at this.

11. Pale Princess

Pale Princess Worker Bee

Sorry, only TRUE intellectuals have heard of E.E. Cummings. His poetry is like way famous on Tumblr.

• Funny Funny x 7