Mona Tougaard

I am in no way anti-vax and I think vaccines are one of the most important (though eroding) infrastructures of public collaboration. I also think Mona seems to have extraordinarily level 1 takes and to be the kind of person I find insufferable i.e. who thinks they alone see The Truth.

That being said I do not think that collectively dunking on people who are anti-vax is the most effective way to change opinions (and many people I know who publicly dunk on anti-vaxxers seem not to have read anything on vaccination themselves). More of my ire is directed towards the private pharmaceutical industry which does in fact engage in many practices that reasonably warrant suspicion and distrust (though that of many anti-vaxxers often seems ill researched).
I agree with you to a certain point (bolded part). However, Mona is somewhat of a "celebrity" or at the very least a person who others may look up to so I think that it's warranted to call her out on this.

Whether or not this will change her mind is up in the air but I think that she's a spiritual person and they typically hold the same/similar beliefs as her.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
She just reminds me of those kids at the spring break from last year šŸ¤£ secondhand embarrasment...

Mona just posted this and to be quite honestly, Iā€™m disappointed.
Iā€™ve been following Mona for awhile now, and sheā€™s very political on her Instagram- which is not a problem, at least not for me. Even tho she gives me a strong hippie lesbian ancap vibe, I genuinely could not care less

but today she decided to talk about her vision on lockdown, and how the lockdown is causing her depression. To start, any test is 100% reliable. So letting all people go and do whatever they want is not the a safe idea. And her explanation is so selfish and egocentric. Is not like sheā€™s going to die tomorrow and all her life was waste. ā€œWeā€™re all going to dieā€: ok, so let other people commit homicide because we all going to die. 10 years old me could refute this crap argument.
It seems odd a girl suffering from depression because she is stuck in her house while she was traveling constantly past year, and just came back from a trip to Egypt. And is not like she lose her only financial source, or is about to get kicked out of her tiny apartment or getting food out of the trash to feed her and her children- because thatā€™s what lockdown is causing to people worldwide. And yet is saving their lives in a way

thatā€™s just another vent on why I think models should at least finish high school: to avoid those sort of stupidity

View attachment 99483View attachment 99484

Reactions: 1 user
From Hugo Comte's Instagram story.
Does it look edited to anyone? The more I look the more I see some sort of "glow" around her and the pixelation on the left side of the second picture. There can't be much editing and might just be lighting that was adjusted since Mona is tiny in candids and other pictures.
1622327708782.png

1622327825438.png

Last edited:
  • Love
From Hugo Comte's Instagram story.
Does it look edited to anyone? The more I look the more I see some sort of "glow" around her and the pixelation on the left side of the second picture. There can't be much editing and might just be lighting that was adjusted since Mona is tiny in candids and other pictures.
View attachment 102846
View attachment 102847
The pixelization and ā€œglowā€ around Mona could be due to the iPhoneā€™s HDR feature (I assume these photos were taken on an iPhone due to the quality). It works better with landscape photos since there is less room for noticeable errors. It tends to look unnatural when you photograph animals and people, though.

Example (pulled from this article):
Overexposed & underexposed photo
8B475B92-FC3A-4809-ABDE-03C141CDE3E6.jpegB6A116BB-B75D-4DA7-859E-1A51B79F36C0.jpeg

HDR result
1DB0CED8-E1B7-4A3B-97C7-DA4BFCBB6ED6.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Louis Vuitton Resort 2022
blZXPtH.jpg
9uaNFLa.jpg

Zara ā€œLove 00sā€ - so glad they used a skinny model for this lookbook. I would like to personally thank the casting director for shielding my eyes from a fat/average model in these 2000s looks.
tkHZr4c.jpg
OwoXDwd.jpg
kP9u3Cg.jpg
5sTkbSh.jpg
HBEPI1z.jpg
KfFzKTs.jpg
aX5aCzf.jpg
0HPURzn.jpg
6RP157W.jpg
qXtV8xS.jpg

+ more Zara photos, presumably by Hanna Tveite. Although it's hard to see the garment details in the photos, I do like the aesthetic.
NJaafBr.jpg
pr2df6x.jpg
nC2flCM.jpg
UTTl9Wa.jpg
6oDhTJE.jpg

Vogue UK April 2021 (ph. Steven Meisel)

• Love
AlaĆÆa S/S 2022
b5oQ7Ml.jpg
IMG_2315.PNG

Jacquemus Resort 2022 (GIFs)
jZ3L01p.gif
pnTBczi.gif

Ph. Robin Galiegue, Paris, 2019.
5MerGFL.jpg
wmWHL3v.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
635C29EE-83DA-47E8-A288-8E89BC38D896.jpeg
637C6D86-FDA5-43A4-A7C7-4A79FE0D5416.jpeg
943FB65B-0958-4CDD-89DA-8778E7A01BDE.jpeg

Mona for Chanel Haute Couture FW 21/22, simply exquisite beauty.

• Love
Vogue US August 2021

Valentino HC F/W 2021
v9wF8p3.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
AlaĆÆa story in i-D Fall 2021 :luv:

Jg3JsTT.jpg
06F6fUl.jpg
3dM1rwQ.jpg
Xt40hRF.jpg