Models you are not too fond of..

Julia Nobis - hadn't heard of her until very recently. SO average looking!

julia-nobis.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlP_YvpPiJ0&feature=g-vrec&context=G2402bd2RVAAAAAAAAAA

zac-posen-spring-2011-hanne-gaby-odiele.jpg

I don't get her appeal. Her forehead is much too big to be attractive. Reminds me of some sort of alien.
I think her best feature would be her lips, so when she wears the dramatic, attention-grabbing lipstick, it helps accentuate her good points. It's a pretty interesting look, I guess. The third and fourth pictures you posted are more natural, which doesn't really work for her in terms of the eye-catching look models usually strive for. I think she's just one of those people who look better with makeup.

Oh yes! I so hate Lindsey Wixson's face most of the time. She is so awfully ugly, I don't get someone actually books her for modelling jobs. Btw.: In German, her last name means "to jerk off".

Arizona Muse. She's not ugly or something, but she's way too overrated in my eyes.

But I like Coco and Freya.

Look at that striking, piercing gaze, drop dead gorgeous blue eyes... *cough, I'm talking about the cat*
tumblr_lzxd9nfHpx1rofs34o1_500.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
woof... I find she looks like the type that's a huge dorky know-it-all in high school, but was asked to model because she's tall and thin. Bleh.

Attachments

• aep0uu.jpg
    aep0uu.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 424
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK3tGZtJB7s

LOL heres coco making a fool out of herself

She's Irish.. and that is the Irish Dance. She was discovered at an Irish Dance competition. I don't see how she's make a fool out of herself, that dance is extremely hard to do and she was requested by Jean Paul to dance on his runway. It's not like she's skipping down the thing. Just wanted to throw it out there.

Yeah, I agree about Lindsey Wixson. Some photo's (very few) I LOVE, but the majority of the time that I see her, I hate her look. I used to be obsessed with Coco Rocha but now I'm kind of sick of her.. I've seen her waay to many times.

Look at that striking, piercing gaze, drop dead gorgeous blue eyes... *cough, I'm talking about the cat*
tumblr_lzxd9nfHpx1rofs34o1_500.jpg

You're right, a really beautiful cat. Love to see her/him in the arms of some beautiful model who doesn't disturb me all the time I look at her. (But honestly: I just can't take my eyes of that cat.)

Btw I'm also not a fan of Rosie H.W.

Have been closely following and for a period rather involved with fashion for a good while, and have acquired rather a list of not-so-favourites over this time; off the top of my head:

Daphne Groenveld, she kind of has a 'growler' look to her, and with that bleached straw atop her noggin she just looks cheap.

Lindsay Wixson, unless she is smiling (and even then, those teeth!!). The ability of that cat's bum mouth to stretch so wide is a marvel of physics and physiology. Her mind, however, is nothing so marvellous.

Aline Weber, her philtrum is too long and it makes her whole face seem wonky; it is rare that I see attractive shots of her.

Adina Fohlin, jeebus, just terrifying!

Erin Wasson. She looks, I don't know, ridden hard and put away wet? *shudders*

Natasha Poly was utterly stunning when younger, but just isn't striking anymore.. just kinda mumsy or something. Hmm.

Magdalena Frackowiak. I call her Tetris due to her cuboid cranium, but don't really dislike her looks, she's just very different. Well, okay, I dislike that look a bit but would still swap her head with mine in an instant, and those legs! Amazing editorials, and not half bad on the runway.

Coco Rocha. Overrated, and much too impressed with herself. Ditto Stam. Meh.

Snejana Onopka. Stop sneering.

Chanel Iman. Stop smirking.

Aggyynnessss Deynn. Just.. stop.

Honourable mention:

Hanne Gaby, though her personality seems fabulous! I usually love the 'odd' looking ones, but.. gosh.. whilst I have seen some amazing shots, most just look odd. As a model though she is incredibly versatile, and probably doesn't deserve to be on this list due to her chameleonic skills and reported work ethic. I also admire her courage in recovering from that ped vs. car accident and seeking a return to modelling; chick rocks. She just has a peculiar face, haha! I feel like shaking her, tell me, where. are. your. cheekbones??!

I think overall she really suits Balmain for her attitude, strength, and unconventional beauty; she should walk Balmain forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I really dislike Alessandra Ambrosio. I just think she is so annoying. I hate her personality because she seems like she just loves herself and she has the shortest legs ever. Really don't think she should be a model.

188288-adriana-lima-alessandra-ambrosio-victorias-secret-fashion-show-2011.jpg

Alessandra_Ambrosio_VS2011A.jpg

Have been closely following and for a period rather involved with fashion for a good while, and have acquired rather a list of not-so-favourites over this time; off the top of my head:

Daphne Groenveld, she kind of has a 'growler' look to her, and with that bleached straw atop her noggin she just looks cheap.

Lindsay Wixson, unless she is smiling (and even then, those teeth!!). The ability of that cat's bum mouth to stretch so wide is a marvel of physics and physiology. Her mind, however, is nothing so marvellous.

Aline Weber, her philtrum is too long and it makes her whole face seem wonky; it is rare that I see attractive shots of her.

Adina Fohlin, jeebus, just terrifying!

Erin Wasson. She looks, I don't know, ridden hard and put away wet? *shudders*

Natasha Poly was utterly stunning when younger, but just isn't striking anymore.. just kinda mumsy or something. Hmm.

Magdalena Frackowiak. I call her Tetris due to her cuboid cranium, but don't really dislike her looks, she's just very different. Well, okay, I dislike that look a bit but would still swap her head with mine in an instant, and those legs! Amazing editorials, and not half bad on the runway.

Coco Rocha. Overrated, and much too impressed with herself. Ditto Stam. Meh.

Snejana Onopka. Stop sneering.

Chanel Iman. Stop smirking.

Aggyynnessss Deynn. Just.. stop.

Honourable mention:

Hanne Gaby, though her personality seems fabulous! I usually love the 'odd' looking ones, but.. gosh.. whilst I have seen some amazing shots, most just look odd. As a model though she is incredibly versatile, and probably doesn't deserve to be on this list due to her chameleonic skills and reported work ethic. I also admire her courage in recovering from that ped vs. car accident and seeking a return to modelling; chick rocks. She just has a peculiar face, haha! I feel like shaking her, tell me, where. are. your. cheekbones??!

I think overall she really suits Balmain for her attitude, strength, and unconventional beauty; she should walk Balmain forever.

I agree with most of the names on your list...but I really like Chanel Iman, I think she is beautiful and a great model.

I do not really hate models usually, but I really hate Charlotte Free. First of all, she's not even that tall. Her card says she's 5'7, but I bet she's really 5'3 IRL. So while she's skinny, the clothes really swallow her up and she has no runway presence, which would explain why she booked only 3 shows in NY fashion week early this February LAWLZ. Second she's not even that good of a model. Her modelling repertoire consists of opening her mouth slightly and looking tough. She looks like a garbage pail kid irl. She probably smells. Third, she's annoying and pretentious. She talks about how much she hates modeling and how she could be a big star if she wanted to, but didn't want to wear fur or something like that. She thinks that everyone who has pink hair is copying her lol.

Alessandra, YES! Have never understood the fuss over her.

Karolina Kurkova is another that they all wet their knickers over; when everyone else was going yay, I said neigh.

Alessandra, YES! Have never understood the fuss over her.

Karolina Kurkova is another that they all wet their knickers over; when everyone else was going yay, I said neigh.

Totally agree on both of these models. I don't even think that they're model material.

She's Irish.. and that is the Irish Dance. She was discovered at an Irish Dance competition. I don't see how she's make a fool out of herself, that dance is extremely hard to do and she was requested by Jean Paul to dance on his runway. It's not like she's skipping down the thing. Just wanted to throw it out there.

Completely agree. I actually thought that her dancing was really impressive. It made a cool, dramatic opening to the show.
That dance style is really tough. I say good for her, for doing so well. :highfive: