lagamine

Rookie
Mar 31, 2012
London, UK
Not sure if this is elsewhere on the forums but Buzzfeed FINALLY did a video that's SG appropriate! Features models Vasilia Pavlova, Britt Maren, Maria Borges, Anastasiia Ivanova and Anja Cihoric. They talk about their own insecurities, skinny shaming, and sport some enviable looks perfect for parties this holiday season.

Enjoy!

Nice video, but if I hear one more time the "natural skinny" argument, I'm going to scream. Some people are either naturally petite or naturally narrow&slender. But being skinny is not natural, nor efortless.

Reactions: 6 users
Nice video, but if I hear one more time the "natural skinny" argument, I'm going to scream. Some people are either naturally petite or naturally narrow&slender. But being skinny is not natural, nor efortless.

Agreed.
Bone structure you cannot change
Weight you can change.

Reactions: 1 users
Aside from the natural thin BS I actually really liked this video, for once Buzzfeed actually did something right. They were all stunning without makeup as well.

I really enjoyed that video! Makes a change from buzzfeeds usual cat photos (and did anyone see that 'curvy yogi' article..? :eyeroll:).
I honestly found them all more beautiful without makeup, but maybe I just didn't like the makeup they wore

"When I want to feel sexy, it's like putting on high heels. I don't care what everybody thinks; I'm the tallest in the building!"

:lol:

For some it is ! :p
I think that it's possible to be naturally thin in the sense that your bone structure is narrow. But being skinny or fat is, in the vast majority of humans, not something you're born with, unless you have a metabolic/digestive disorder.

Reactions: 1 user
I think that it's possible to be naturally thin in the sense that your bone structure is narrow. But being skinny or fat is, in the vast majority of humans, not something you're born with, unless you have a metabolic/digestive disorder.
That's what I meant, thank you. One can look skinny due to a petite and/or narrow frame, without actually being skinny (eg bones protuding). And even if some are "naturally" skinny, I'm sure they are extremely rare.

Buzzfeed has been total shit lately, I actually just unfollowed their Facebook account. Let's just say being a total idiot doesn't even come close to describing half the editors.

However, I'll make an expection for this video. I rather enjoyed it. Some of the models are just so naturally beautiful. I'd love to take a moment this morning and look up some more candids of Anastasiia without make up. :luv:

But I totally agree with this statement. You are either petite/ narrow bodied or born with a digestive problem.

That's what I meant, thank you. One can look skinny due to a petite and/or narrow frame, without actually being skinny (eg bones protuding). And even if some are "naturally" skinny, I'm sure they are extremely rare.
I can vouch as I am one of these people. People always think I'm so small because my frame is verrryyy small - but in reality it's very deceptive because I'm not skinny at all (currently) - just slim. However I have 2 friends who are skin & bone - completely and utterly natural.

Well, I'd argue that "natural skinniness" is a product of learned behaviours (which is why some children that are thin stay thin their entire life- their parents install good behaviours in them). Being "naturally" thin just means that you do "naturally" what some people have to force themselves to do (or don't think to do) as a result of the way you were raised/grew up.

Genetics in relations to weight are generally bullshit IMHO (save for actually metabolic disorders-) it's nature versus nurture, simple as that.

Reactions: 2 users
We can all agree that the natural skinny bit is an exaggeration/ not gig to divulge any real eating habits but I do love thei embracing of their natural beauty - I mean Maria Borges and her natural hair is bold and stunning