Models next to people...

67203980-B589-4E2D-BC3A-7FD988B83007.png

Zhenya’s friend next to Zhenya; honestly I dread looking like that next to someone

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Then that makes every model that’s posted a street style pic with photographers/pedestrians in the background an asshole... which is 90% of the modern industry.

Not because there is a photographer in the background, because of her stature/posture compared to the photographer’s. It’s like posting a photo with your friend where you look amazing and your friend looks dumpy.

Not because there is a photographer in the background, because of her stature/posture compared to the photographer’s. It’s like posting a photo with your friend where you look amazing and your friend looks dumpy.
But it’s not her friend?

Reactions: 1 user
That wasn’t the point. You don’t have to agree!
Not sure how I confused a point being made with a point being made :eyeroll: perhaps don’t throw around the word asshole in the future? In return I’m sure you’ll expect every model to only post pictures with photographers that have excellent posture.

• Disagree
Lol she's kind of an asshole for posting this
It's not her fault that some stranger in the background of a picture on the street is not as physically fit as she is. Why should she have to hide her hotness because some other pedestrian appears less attractive? I don't see how this makes her an asshole at all. But, sure, we can agree to disagree.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
It's not her fault that some stranger in the background of a picture on the street is not as physically fit as she is. Why should she have to hide her hotness because some other pedestrian appears less attractive? I don't see how this makes her an asshole at all. But, sure, we can agree to disagree.

I agree she probably passes thousands of people per day whom she is more attractive than. My point is that out of all the photos she could have posted of herself from this shoot or whatever it was, without the photographer in the background, she chose this one because it makes a statement: the juxtaposition between her and someone “normal.” Maybe this wasn’t her intention but that’s how I see this photo, and that’s kind of an asshole thing to do. Mind you I don’t necessarily think it’s BAD to be an asshole - it’s more of a brazen confidence with a slight mean streak hence why I started my initial comment with “lol.”

That's literally like telling every model/ skinny to NEVER EVER take a picture because there's a dumpy person's slightly visible drumsticks in the background, or a Kate Upton billboard behind.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Lol she's kind of an asshole for posting this
I just rolled my eyes so hard at this :meh:
This comment sounds like those idiots on Instagram that blame skinny people minding their own business for other people’s EDs.

I guess if you’re thin and beautiful, you shouldn’t be seen in public or post photos with average people in it because you might make someone feel bad :rolleyes:

She looks fabulous, sucks that random person ruined the shot. Get over it.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
That's literally like telling every model/ skinny to NEVER EVER take a picture because there's a dumpy person's slightly visible drumsticks in the background, or a Kate Upton billboard behind.

I just rolled my eyes so hard at this :meh:
This comment sounds like those idiots on Instagram that blame skinny people minding their own business for other people’s EDs.

I guess if you’re thin and beautiful, you shouldn’t be seen in public or post photos with average people in it because you might make someone feel bad :rolleyes:

She looks fabulous, sucks that random person ruined the shot. Get over it.

This will be my last post on this matter this since it's getting out of hand, but likening me to an Instagram troll over a comment of mine that you're incorrectly interpreting is a bit much.

Once again, I never said or think that she doesn't have every right to take every photo she wants and feel amazing about herself. She should! We all know that Instagram is heavily curated and out of all the photos she could have chosen to post she used this photo. I don't know why she wouldn't have picked another shot from the same shoot that didn't happen to have the photographer in the back and that seems intentional - not that she's just walking by a crowd that she happens to be hotter than, or that there is someone in the background that isn't as good looking. Obviously that happens literally every minute of every day. This SPECIFIC photo that SHE posted seems to me like she is consciously trying to make herself look better by choosing a photo where she looks like a goddess compared to the single person in the background. She is already stunning and doesn't need to make herself look even better at the expense of someone else (if it was indeed a deliberate choice).

You don't have to agree with me but don't try to tell me that I think models just shouldn't take photos. My initial comment was about this particular shot alone and my own interpretation of the mindset behind posting it.

This will be my last post on this matter this since it's getting out of hand, but likening me to an Instagram troll over a comment of mine that you're incorrectly interpreting is a bit much.

Once again, I never said or think that she doesn't have every right to take every photo she wants and feel amazing about herself. She should! We all know that Instagram is heavily curated and out of all the photos she could have chosen to post she used this photo. I don't know why she wouldn't have picked another shot from the same shoot that didn't happen to have the photographer in the back and that seems intentional - not that she's just walking by a crowd that she happens to be hotter than, or that there is someone in the background that isn't as good looking. Obviously that happens literally every minute of every day. This SPECIFIC photo that SHE posted seems to me like she is consciously trying to make herself look better by choosing a photo where she looks like a goddess compared to the single person in the background. She is already stunning and doesn't need to make herself look even better at the expense of someone else (if it was indeed a deliberate choice).

You don't have to agree with me but don't try to tell me that I think models just shouldn't take photos. My initial comment was about this particular shot alone and my own interpretation of the mindset behind posting it.
One thing that usually happens (like most of the time) is : when one looks at a group picture (and Jourdan’s here doesn’t even qualify as a group picture), one just looks at oneself. In my opinion, this is not an attempt to make the photographer look bad...she probably didn’t even pay attention to her ;)
Only extremely insecure people would purposeful chose a picture when someone else looks awful.

• Agree
I think that as a working model that has been internationally successful, appeared in many campaigns etc, she doesn't even think about this.
I think she is well aware of her looks, and posting a picture on Instagram with an average person in the background is the last thing on her mind.

I see your point @AllyKat, but in this case I think your interpretation of the choice of this particular picture and her desire to emphasise her 'goddess look' isn't really applicable.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
So, there’s this new VS video featuring bra experts.
You’ve got Alexina :luv:
1429EEF2-6E9F-423E-A41B-E042C46E612E.png

And then....there’s Barbara Palvin:hibye:
EF5BFBFA-016F-42BF-97C9-2DAADFF9201D.png

Why does her arm look worse than the expert’s ?:whistling::hahano:

Also, I’m horrified that so many people are delighted by her come-back

• Funny
  • WTF
So, there’s this new VS video featuring bra experts.
You’ve got Alexina :luv:
View attachment 26049
And then....there’s Barbara Palvin:hibye:
View attachment 26050
Why does her arm look worse than the expert’s ?:whistling::hahano:

Also, I’m horrified that so many people are delighted by her come-back

Barbara looks worse than I did when I was at my heaviest weight and to think that she's still modeling!!! Why oh why :superpuke:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users