Models next to people...

This manager’s job must be a bit sad (and hella hard on her confidence) :facepalm:

Considering that Mary Clarke is a very famous model scout (as well as her husband Jeff) who has scouted models from Ashton Kutcher to Grace Hartzel, I think she's preeeeetty pleased with herself.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Considering that Mary Clarke is a very famous model scout (as well as her husband Jeff) who has scouted models from Ashton Kutcher to Grace Hartzel, I think she's preeeeetty pleased with herself.
She is definitely very successful, given how many beauties she’s found...but still, why would you neglect your appearance like that?

• Disagree
She is definitely very successful, given how many beauties she’s found...but still, why would you neglect your appearance like that?
it's not her job and she doesn't want to change? Once again, she's a model scout not a model She's in her 50s and happily married (to someone not thin himself i might add) I think she looks too overweight to be healthy but her appearance doesn't really matter for her job so who cares? Not everyone has to worry about their appearance/weight the way we do.

• Agree
Reactions: 13 users
it's not her job and she doesn't want to change? Once again, she's a model scout not a model She's in her 50s and happily married (to someone not thin himself i might add) I think she looks too overweight to be healthy but her appearance doesn't really matter for her job so who cares? Not everyone has to worry about their appearance/weight the way we do.
Thank you. Most of the girls on this site get on people who have regular jobs about their weight, and ask how they could “let themselves go.” I don’t know if the girls who say that are extremely young or naive, but PSA not everyone is so concerned with their body and weight... sure, obese people definitely need to look after themselves but not everyone is going to be SG skinny. SG wouldn’t exist if everyone was.

• Agree
Reactions: 13 users
Thank you. Most of the girls on this site get on people who have regular jobs about their weight, and ask how they could “let themselves go.” I don’t know if the girls who say that are extremely young or naive, but PSA not everyone is so concerned with their body and weight... sure, obese people definitely need to look after themselves but not everyone is going to be SG skinny. SG wouldn’t exist if everyone was.

I'm kind of glad we're having this discussion...I think there is always a bit of a paradox/hypocrisy on this site, especially with younger members, that goes something like this:
"Everyone is fat/average how could they let themselves go and not be super skinny?" or "People think they need food more than they actually do, average weight is actually kind of overweight."
but, then also say something along the lines of
"skinnies are ethereal/unique/beautiful/unworldly beings among the filth."

So what is it? Everyone should be thin, or it's easy to be thin? Or that thinness is some weird ideal/fantasy condition that is somehow morally superior as well?

Don't get me wrong, I like how thin *looks* a lot (lot) more than how average/curvy/muscular/fat looks, but I'm not kidding myself that it somehow indicates better behavior, much less that everyone should be as concerned about it as we are. I also recognize the reality that the average person in many western/capitalist countries eats far too much food and wastes even more, and lives a lifestyle of excess that is unhealthy, not to mention unsustainable in more ways than simply aesthetic. But, in no way do I think I'm any "Better" of a person for being able to restrict food when I'm hungry or say no to meals or snacks that most healthy/active people can eat. It's a choice, and a choice alone.

Anyways, back to regularly scheduled programming--sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings or something.

• Agree
Reactions: 16 users
@espressoenthusiast @FrançoiseEllyn I was wrong, and I apologize. You girls are right, it’s not her job to be skinny or slim; and she’s obviously richer and more succesful than I am, regardless of what she looks like. I’m grateful that she brought so many incredible talents to the industry; and agree that skinny is not the norm, nor does it make me hollier than thou. Like @espressoenthusiast so rightly pointed out on her status, skinny does not equal happiness.

Reactions: 1 users

“the times your order was (always) better than mine” :lol:

0A3F964A-66B1-421F-8FC3-4252EC0ECD14.png
Not sure what they were celebrating.

Posted by Natalia V. on her instagram :p

Attachments

• IMG_20180522_131025.png
    IMG_20180522_131025.png
    967 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: 1 user
This is a super super old post but to play devil’s advocate, the amount that people spend annually on the dieting/weight loss industry is disgusting. From my experience, most people are trying to lose weight. Some have given up, but that innate desire is still there.

I have a regular job where I could gain 50lbs and it wouldn’t affect my competence. Aka my competence isn’t affected by my weight. But I get a LOT of questions on diet supplements, what magic foods to eat, if there’s a magic weight loss pill, how I maintain my size :rolleyes: and if I say “eat smarter, lift weights, move more” (I’m willing to elaborate and teach here), most times I get shot down and told it’s too much work.

Not sure what the original point I was trying to make, but I find people in general are undereducated and not willing to make sacrifices. Which is fine. People have different priorities. But just don’t bitch about it afterwards.

• Agree
  • Love
It’s surprising how average Lily looks even with that beside her.

I understand the point you’re making, because I agree, she really does look average. But it’s kind of fucked up to refer to someone who is obese as an object / thing rather than a person. I’m definitely not PC but that’s just really awful.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I understand the point you’re making, because I agree, she really does look average. But it’s kind of fucked up to refer to someone who is obese as an object / thing rather than a person. I’m definitely not PC but that’s just really awful.
Point taken, I see where you’re coming from - it wasn’t my intention to be that rude, I just typed really quickly. If I could edit my post I would. It also, however, begs the question: where is the line? Not a criticism of you or anyone in particular, but I don’t think it’s the worst thing that’s been said on this site and I’d certainly like to avoid this particular slippery slope.

• Agree
  • Funny