Models next to people...

Pauline Hoarau

iANPPwY.jpg

That's the designer, right? I don't understand how she can be so careless with her own body, given that her profession revolves around fashion/aesthetics. I know she can't do much about the height but look at those flabby arms...

Well. The designer just designed a christmas tree to end her show - her aesthetic is highly suspect.

Reactions: 10 users
Well... I think the designer looks thin enough. Her job is designing, she's not supposed to look like a model or actress.

Reactions: 5 users
To elaborate on my earlier statement, I have so many friends who are designers, amazing, talented, internationally acclaimed designers and their careers are not built on faded drams of modelling. Their talent and artistry lies in their ability to create these spectacular pieces that we all covet. Sure, some of them take more care of their appearance than others, but it's not at all within their job description to look a certain way, and not one single one of them has chosen their path on account of not having what it takes to model. I'm sure you made your statement in an attempt to be witty, but I'm sorry, I can't not call you out on it. Obviously no hard feelings, but it's as insulting to a designer to insinuate that they fell into their profession on account of not having the goods to fulfil another role as it is to a model to insinuate their job is an easy one. Hope that explains things.

Reactions: 20 users
Omg so not true!!!!!
I misunderstood the previous post. But you do find that more so with those who were once models, they turn to designing. It has to do with age, not the profession. And I absolutely agree regarding how profession madly affects someone's physique. It's the same when some people get on about random people and how they seem to not care about their appearance (weight wise here), when they're not models. It's just not their job.I remember people commenting about Lorde's figure. She's got freedom to do what she wishes with her image. Still may look like shit, but that seems to be her decision.

Last edited: