Models next to people...

Thought this was rather hilarious (height-wise... )
Karlie & Eva Longoria at Cannes for L'Oreal
11256611_10153312602059246_2643556395339097722_n.jpg
And karlie still has (had?) thinner thighs....

This first one is tragic..:run:
I wouldn't be able to work in the fashion industry without being model thin. I'd feel inadequate, fat, and ugly all the time.

PS- speaking hypothetically, because I've never worked in fashion, and never will.

Reactions: 2 users
I wouldn't be able to work in the fashion industry without being model thin. I'd feel inadequate, fat, and ugly all the time.

PS- speaking hypothetically, because I've never worked in fashion, and never will.

The thing is she isn't any kind of thin, she is homely, chubby and has not bothered to put makeup on. That I don't understand. Put in a tiny bit of effort!

Maybe the images hypnotized me beyond repair, but what was she trying to prove again? Not a rhetorical question, I really don't get it.
And it's not even funny. When guys copy girls' strange poses on instagram, now that's what I call funny. This is embarassing.
From what I gather, it's actually supposed to be an art piece, not any kind of social commentary of sorts. The media has just kind of found it and decided to run with it alongside headlines like 'if real people were models' etc. I remember reading an article quite a while ago when she started the project, it was just a fun thing for her to concentrate on in her spare time, she just enjoyed replicating the ads.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I gather, it's actually supposed to be an art piece, not any kind of social commentary of sorts. The media has just kind of found it and decided to run with it alongside headlines like 'if real people were models' etc. I remember reading an article quite a while ago when she started the project, it was just a fun thing for her to concentrate on in her spare time, she just enjoyed replicating the ads.
Well, this is completely something else.

She reminds me of the 'girls who think they're models' thread.

What gets me though is that she's not even doing it right. In some of those the girls are smiling and she pulls the same face every time.

This is just such a good proof of why there are models featured in ads and not "real people". I mean who would buy anything from the advertisements the artist made? It just looks ridiculous.

However, I somehow really like her as she doesn't want to "proof" anything and just has fun and obviously has no problem with comparing herself directly to supermodels. All the feminists/fat-activists who want to "proof" that fat looks good are never actually putting their photos next to a photo of a real model (which would be debunking) and are usually quite overdoing it with photoshop. So I don't mind this artist's photos.

Some people in the comment section going ''Oh I would totally buy this if these were real ads!'' no you wouldn't. The woman in those pictures look average (I mean, she's just a normal woman - I don't mean anything bad). You don't buy a product because you want to be average. You buy something because you think it'll make you more beautiful/stylish or whatever. People going more ~normal~ people in advertising would be better for sales are just talking rubbish.

On another note, I thought the pictures were really cute. Nicely done, it must have been fun to shoot.

"#littlesisterandbigsister" yeah in more ways than one .....:eek: (throws the fatty excuse of 'skinny genes' out the f-ing window)
I can't believe they're sister. Just look at them. If I'd be in Ondria's sister id try to follow her and try a diet or something, because looking in that way I wouldn't dare hanging out with her haha

Ah god. When I'm with my model friends, I always choose not to take a picture even though I'm the same size as them hahah. I think it's more of a photogenic thing, I couldn't smile if I wanted to. They must have uber self-esteem if they're alright with taking a picture next to them.

Reactions: 1 users
Tilda Lindstam
Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 9.36.56 PM.png

The difference your body can make to the outfit...

Reactions: 5 users