Models make ME confident

Okay so . . . THANK YOU!

I started reading Vogue when I was 14; something about Cosmo and PINK slathered VS girls just . . . dunno, left me really isolated. I have always loved high-fashion for favoring what I suppose you could call racial margins. I have super-fair skin. I have red hair and very "polar" facial features. But I am not "ugly." So if my skin isn't orange--nay, bronze (and, for all academic purposes, if my skin were to adopt a faux metallic sheen, it would be platinum) and I am neither a "flirty" bleach blonde nor a "seductive" brunette, I am a caricature of a "quirky" or "irritated" person.

Really bro-bro guys will tell me "pale" skin is creepy. I get yelled at when I run (in shorts) by twats (smoking Black-n-Milds) in shitty cars over my "white legs."

They are racists.

(For the record, this is why I date doctors/scientists--they aren't freaking IDIOTS.)
hqdefault.jpg

SCUMBAG STEVE FTW!!! :grin:

:lol: On topic, if they say red hair (best hair color IMO, I would love to be a ginger :luv:) and pale skin is creepy (how I long for the healthy fair complexion I used to have before I stupidly tanned to fit in society's standard of beauty), you show them these:

tumblr_m9ba9q0Mi41ry2v8mo1_400.jpg

7409113664268cw6.jpg

2607771318_3e806b4443.jpg

Gingers with pale complexions and they are top models unlike your fake-tanned girlfriends. So there, racist/mean/sleazeball dudes.

tumblr_mb89z7w73e1rfgw3eo1_500.gif

I read our brain makes us see ourselves 5 times more beautiful than we actually are :lol: Now I'll be in depression for some time xD
But you're right, everyone has those little things that make him be diffrent than others, we have to learn how to love them :grin:
Oh and my nose? It looks like stupid potato ._.

Bregje+Heinen+Victoria+Secret+Angels+Launch+N-7MKRdxfdEl.jpg

See? Potatos are fabulous! ;)

wp3_mrspotatohead_ts3_1600x1200.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
this thread is perfect :luv: if i could give you infinite karma i would

Reactions: 1 user
Vlada's eye bags
vlada12uy8.jpg

:luv::luv: so sad that the only place I can say "vlada and her eye bags" is SG, anyone in real life would be all :wtf::wtf::nervous::nervous: go back to whatever planet you came from. But anyway, I have always had eye bags going on (starting from age 16/17), and even though I'm no vlada-lookalike stunner (I wish) I've learned to like them ;) (starving, lack of sleep, depression, alcohol, stress, genetics, and who knows why else).

@diamondsjoyandcharm this is one of my all time favourite threads on SkinnyGossip.

I can relate to this so much, it's unbelievable.
Whenever I watch fashion shows or look at images of models.. I feel good about myself. I never understood when people said that the fashion industry causes low self esteem issue in women and girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at models makes me feel good about myself too. Even though ill never be that tall and elegant and im currently a pretty average weight. Looking at people who are fatter or uglier than me doesnt make feel proud and happy that I look better than them, it just bums me out. Models make me happy :).

Some more models with unique or exaggerated faces/quirks that make them special...

Masha Tyelna's eyes
000000204211-masha_tyelna-fullsize.jpg

Jessica Hart's tooth gap
373385-b-s-jessica-hart1.jpeg

Cintia Dicker's freckles
tumblr_lo4wcmu8Yj1qf4qhd.jpg

Tanya's elfish features
tumblr_m0dsawnic01qc0kluo1_500.jpg

Magda's cheekbones
600full-magdalena-frackowiak.jpg

Karlie's eyes and eyebrows
karlie-kloss-christian-dior-0.jpg

Alana's long face
tumblr_ma3j09gwsF1rwv7nno1_500.jpg

Rosie's lips
Rosie+Huntington+Whiteley+2010+Victoria+Secret+efgAkwnUCLfl.jpg

Gemma's lips
Gemma+Ward+Red+Lips_Elle+Canada.jpg

Great post!:kiss::luv:

I agree, I find that high fashion models have unique faces. On regular magazines and tv, you see the generic girl but on runways and high fashion stuff, you see the most unique and beautiful models.

I used to dislike my big eyes, I wanted tiny eyes like my mom but I've grown to love my big eyes :)

I think that there are a lot of generic looking girls in HF too. If they were short and had average bodies, I probably wouldn't notice them at all.

I think that there are a lot of generic looking girls in HF too. If they were short and had average bodies, I probably wouldn't notice them at all.

Agreed.

Girls like Toni Garrn and Maud Welzen are super-generic imo. But then again, a few generic girls (as long as they're not EVERYWHERE and stealing jobs from the striking ones) add even more diversity. I mean, I love unique girls, but sometimes a boring, plain jane brings a bit more difference too, especially in between unconventional beauties.

And I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of cookie-cutter generic-looking girls that aren't models, so they can probably relate to the "boring" ones.

Great post!:kiss::luv:

I agree, I find that high fashion models have unique faces. On regular magazines and tv, you see the generic girl but on runways and high fashion stuff, you see the most unique and beautiful models.

I used to dislike my big eyes, I wanted tiny eyes like my mom but I've grown to love my big eyes :)

How can someone NOT love big eyes? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I kind of hate mine tbh because some people make fun of them. :(

I've ALWAYS wanted big eyes. When I was younger my sister made fun of me that, no matter how wide I opened my eyelids, there was no white around my irises (top and bottom).
I'm ok with my dark, deep set eyes now but it took a while. Rock your striking eyes, girl!

I kind of hate mine tbh because some people make fun of them. :(

I bet they are beautiful! I NEVER met someone who doesn't love big eyes, especially guys.
And if someone makes fun of them it's because they are either jealous or they don't mean it seriously ;)