Models Getting Married

Natasha Poly and Peter Bakker

dsc02452-1605840_0x440.jpg
What a gorgeous jawline she has... :luv:

Reactions: 1 user
I think Karlie's bf is handsome...and also apparently has a net worth of $200 million at the age of 28.
1xjPKcA.jpg

I think he's really good looking. I would hate it if they end up together.

Yeah they marry young.. I mentioned that models get married young (not being very sure) and FT kind of confirmed it so yeah. I too have noticed that in many times, the models boyfriends/husbands are often older and not so attractive (like someone else said in this thread). I think it's probably the money + a good personality (although models make a lot of money themselves). Some person in this site said a while ago that maybe goodlooking guys find most models too thin.. But I don't really think that's the case, idk..

I think so too. Also, the fact that they've made some money, they have a little security. Whereas nowadays most people in their 20s are still trying to climb up the career ladder, most aren't in a secured position to settle down. And same with the guys they're also busy working up the ladder.
and same with 20+ year old guys.

Back to the topic..
I like Gisele and Lily's guys.

To add to the debate of models marrying old+rich+ugly, I think the personality of the models is also key. I mean, most of VS models marry young handsome, opposite to russian HF girls. HF models might grow up much much faster than commercial models. Their peak is, what? 22 if they are lucky. They start out VERY young, far away from home, in a crazy world. They become adults much much faster. So at 19, they might have the inner life of someone who is 28. I can only imagine being a 26 year old MIT, a baby basically, asking a model out, then being totally bored by her adultness. Cute old guys are either already married or gay. So that leaves us with the AMAZING PERSONALITIES!

In Russia today it's also common to get married around ~22 years old, or even younger. Past 24 you're starting to push it.

Aren't there any handsome AND rich boys ? I mean can't they win on both side :p ?
Not many rich, handsome, young men who are also a) serious enough to marry young b) would marry a model instead of an heiress, socialite or business woman c) are completely independent or have parents who wouldn't mind them marrying a model instead of a "serious" girl. I personally know more than one instance where a guy has been with a model/celebrity, they have a child together, and his parents threatened to disown him if he marries her. Like it or not, most models are with rather ugly men because they actually can't win on both sides. Plus, if a guy is ugly, it's less of a problem with having other women throw themselves at him :kiss:

Reactions: 1 users
Not many rich, handsome, young men who are also a) serious enough to marry young b) would marry a model instead of an heiress, socialite or business woman c) are completely independent or have parents who wouldn't mind them marrying a model instead of a "serious" girl. I personally know more than one instance where a guy has been with a model/celebrity, they have a child together, and his parents threatened to disown him if he marries her. Like it or not, most models are with rather ugly men because they actually can't win on both sides. Plus, if a guy is ugly, it's less of a problem with having other women throw themselves at him :kiss:

This is so true. My upbringing was with a lot of old money heirs and heiresses (Forbes list included) and the 'rules of engagement' are very strict for both genders. Your family's net worth is totally irrelevant when it comes to your own conduct. YOU need to earn and prove yourself. Formal education is absolutely essential no exceptions. Zero. Discretion is critical. You sell/share any story to an outsider and you and your family are done forever. Stay away from the media etc (though this is changing VERY slowly but for business matters only). I know one family in particular who paid a lot of money to a magazine to stop them publishing images of my friend and his new girlfriend.

Then, there are the new money groups.
Yes, there are people who made 82974890210941 dollars dropping out of school aged 12 but they will always be looked down upon by the old fashioned cliques as 'new money' or even '(white) trash'. Doing magazine spreads, reality shows etc.

The groups are divided and the rules differ between them.

Reactions: 3 users
Am I the only one who didn't know about Lara Stone and David Walliams?? :nervous: They look cute btw.
Chanel Iman and Asap Rocky are engaged if I'm not wrong
asap2__oPt.jpg

Kate Grigorieva (then almost 27) to Alexander (a Russian soldier) (I would guess 29)

Source: her instagram
OdBX3uz.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user