Models Falling

What do you think when you see a pro model fall in a major show?

• I don't feel bad for her at all, she's supposed to be a pro.

Votes: 31 10.6%
  • I feel a little bad, but at the same time it's not really acceptable.

Votes: 60 20.5%
  • It depends on whether I like her or not.

Votes: 109 37.2%
  • I feel really bad for her and hope she doesn't get in trouble.

Votes: 93 31.7%

• Total voters
Yup, she got up really quickly and was very professional about it considering it was only her first full season. Jac was a good gurl and I miss her fierce walk on the runways.

Well that's good, at least she didn't pull a Wixson or a Stam and make herself the center of the show! :rolleyes:

I get scared watching these because I'm worried I will jinx myself on the runway:nervous: The problem at shows is that it is rare the shoes are going to fit you perfect.. if they are too small, yes it would hurt but the pain soon goes away with all the adrenaline until you have to try and peel them off your feet. If the shoes are too big that is the worst! It keeps spinning in your head.. luckily I haven't had any falls but I remember a show I did and we had stupid heels on.. I don't know anyone who would wear them, except lady gaga maybe.. At the start of the runway we had to step on to a platform in long evening gowns.. Unfortunately when one girl was stepping down on to carpet she lost balance and just fell. People back stage weren't into helping her in this one occasion so myself and other models helped her up and helped her down when she was on again. The main worry is ripping these dresses. If you don't think when your up there, you can't feel your ankles going as much, resulting in just walking forward instead of trying to stop yourself from falling, which of course.. that does not work!

Reactions: 1 user
I do feel bad, because I know often that they are wearing shoes that don't fit them properly so its often not really their fault. Also I consider myself a high heel pro (since I was 16 i've worn heels most of the time), and now and then i've stubbed my toe and stumbled. I've never had an epic stack like i've seen runway models occasionally have, but then again my shoes are always the right size ;)

Alexandra Tomlinson
Alexandra+Tomlinson.jpg

Agyness Deyn
agyness.jpg

Dorothea Barth Jörgensen
Dorothea+Barth+J%25C3%25B6rgensen.jpg

Karen Elson
karen+elson.jpg

Lindsey Wixson
lindsey.jpg

Marya Timonina
Marya+Timonina.jpg

Naomi Campbell
naomi+campbell.jpg

I remember doing a charity show, we had to wear these geisha gowns, and the girl right in front of me fell on her face when we were doing the snake walk at the end.. I wasn't too sure what to do but I gave her my hand to help her up.. she got in some trouble after messing up though :nervous: it was her first modeling experience too... poor girl..

The advice I give models is this: if something changes backstage at the last minute and you think it's going to cause a major problem CALL MY CELL RIGHT F*KING NOW!!! I might be able to rush back there and fix it, or someone else from the agency if I'm not there. But so many models are too afraid to "make waves" so they just smile suck it up and try to walk anyway. This is how you end up humiliated and out of work!!

Yes!!! Two things we love to see at my agency when a girl submits: ballet and gymnastics - esp. ballet.

Best advice I got when I was starting out as a model was to wear difficult sky-high heels & platforms ALL THE TIME. Almost literally - never, ever wear flats!! Put gel cushions inside them at all the pain points (so you don't rip your feet all to hell) and wear them from morning to night. Push yourself - make it as hard as possible: slippery socks, rough & slippery surfaces, barefoot with silicone on the insole, etc.. practice your craziest struts, walks, etc. Keep upping the ante with more and more difficult shoes. Go totally crazy - (our agency closet has more than enough to choose from.) You'll fall and stumble a lot. You might even hurt yourself a little. Get it out of your system because you can never fall in a show.

I run a development board now, and do the same thing with all my new faces. They think I am Crazy Cruella at first - but then they all thank me because they can punch out their fiercest walks in 7" platforms... 2 sizes too small .. on wet ice .. blindfolded... backwards.. while being shot at*!! haha :cool:

* - and while laughing at inferior girls from other agencies who fall on their dumb fat asses in major shows!

This gives me a little hope for if I ever manage to get signed or at least do some sort of runway.

I LITERALLY do not own flats. I have shoes that are technically flat, but they have a 4 inch platform. Most of my shoes are around the 6-7" mark and I have a few pairs of those heelless shoes.:p

I plan on making a video of my shoe collection.XD

Here's a lovely video of many models sharing their experiences with falls (even Vlada fell once, I didn't know that!). So so sorry it's not in english though, but if anyone's very interested in a particular part or moment, I can translate. :kiss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx-q2SPsnew

Reactions: 1 user
Here's a lovely video of many models sharing their experiences with falls (even Vlada fell once, I didn't know that!). So so sorry it's not in english though, but if anyone's very interested in a particular part or moment, I can translate. :kiss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx-q2SPsnew

Interesting video, ty.
Do they just have one size shoe backstage at shows that everyone has to wear? I'm curious, what shoe size is 38 in US? Is that European sizing?

Interesting video, ty.
Do they just have one size shoe backstage at shows that everyone has to wear? I'm curious, what shoe size is 38 in US? Is that European sizing?

Yeah, I think that would be a 7.5 in American sizing and they don't only have one shoe size but it's often the wrong one, too big or too small! They don't make it easy for the models.

bess please tell use!!!. it's so cool that there are real models here that share they experiences, I'm so honored to be part of this forum full of so awesome girls