Models-Do you ever gain weight because you are TOLD to lose it?

I get where you're coming from, because I was in that exact same position. However, I was 14 and modelling was never really "my choice"--my mother is four inches shorter than I am so she saw this as a chance to live out her dream...through me. I had barely hit puberty and I was being told to watch my hips. I complained and complained and complained until finally I realised exactly what @ExtraShot said--there are thousands of girls who'd love to be in my spot. So I quit. As fun as it was, I'd rather be out doing athletics.
If this is what YOU want to do, look at it as just one of those day to day maintenance things for your job--every job has them.
It sounds like you've got a dream agent who is really willing to work with you so just take a breath, get yourself a great pair of running shoes, make a kickass playlist and go! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
"I hate running"

I used to absolutly hate running too. Then someone said to me 'running is like sex. At first it hurts, but then you get the hang of it and it feels amazing' LOL so I keep running. I don't enjoy it (yet) but its not as hard as it used to be.

Wait wait wait, I'm confused... are we talking about running or sex now?

Anyway, in my view, running is not like sex. With sex, you can get results a lot quicker.

But seriously, the more I know about modelling the more I think I would never want to deal with this sort of pressure for a job. It just sounds brutal. Reminding yourself of why you actually want to do this and owning the need to work hard sounds like an essential thing to learn if you want to stay motivated. Good luck with your dream!

*I apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this in!

This whole thing is some psychology ish haha.

I met with my agent and basically she reprogrammed my mind. She was telling me why she thinks i cant lose weight.
-I have begun to think of it as a chore because i am TOLD to lose weight
-Because i am told to lose weight, i have forgotten that i'm the one who wants this, not just the people around me, so i shouldnt rebel against what im told.
-I hate running because im told to do it, but i should love it because every step is a step closer to my dream

idk i suppose im talking out loud. I just thought it was interesting because subconciously i had begun to not want my dream as much just because i was being told what to do. I just needed that push to remind me, what the hell, IM the one who wanted this in the first place, why am i complaining?

No, I never “gain weight because I'm told to lose it”. That's because I take modeling seriously and I'm not 9.

:nopity:

Reactions: 1 user
No, I never “gain weight because I'm told to lose it”. That's because I take modeling seriously and I'm not 9.

AF3J5.gif

Reactions: 3 users

OMG! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am thinking if I was put in the same situation. I can only imagine what would my professor say if I had failed an exam and the excuse I use would be that I didn't study for the exam only because he told me that I have an exam. . . He would probably recommend me to a psychiatrist to work out my mental confusion :nervous:

Reactions: 1 user
Mkay off I go to the gym, I'll prove you guys wrong.
Thanks!! :)

You don't need to prove anyone in this forum wrong. You have to prove to yourself and your agent that you can do it by getting results. If you can't, it isn't going to affect any of us, it will only affect you.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait wait wait, I'm confused... are we talking about running or sex now?

Anyway, in my view, running is not like sex. With sex, you can get results a lot quicker.

But seriously, the more I know about modelling the more I think I would never want to deal with this sort of pressure for a job. It just sounds brutal. Reminding yourself of why you actually want to do this and owning the need to work hard sounds like an essential thing to learn if you want to stay motivated. Good luck with your dream!

LOL I meant I don't enjoy running yet....not I don't enjoy sex yet hahaha.
And I once worked with a girl who wanted to model when I was working at KFC, and we got little burns there all the time from oil and etc, and she got a tiny burn (which wouldn't even scar) and was crying and freaking out becaus eit would ruin her career? Modelling is so high pressure.

Let me tell you a story that I've been too ashamed to tell on this board due to a mix of regret due to my teenage stupidity and because body-wise I'm so far from where I used to be.

I may be a chubby now, but I used to be quite thin (not skinny but almost there) as a teen, and I had a pretty face paired with naturally bright red hair. I was scouted multiple times. My mom allowed me to go to New York with her after speaking to a scout with Elite several times in person and over the phone. I used to be very insecure about my height and my freckly skin as a girl, and I basically did everything I was not supposed to. I hunched when they said stand up straight. I gawked when they told me to lose on my hips. And worst of all, I kept trying to wear foundation/lipstick to cover my freckly complexion when they gave me THREE CHANCES to take makeup free polaroids. I would pretend to wash my face and add more foundation on because I was convinced that my freckles were ugly and would make them reject me.

I went home. They liked my freckles. They hated my disobedience and immaturity. Please take this opportunity and make the most of it. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
You don't need to prove anyone in this forum wrong. You have to prove to yourself and your agent that you can do it by getting results. If you can't, it isn't going to affect any of us, it will only affect you.

This.

This is EXACTLY what I do.
When my agent tells me to lose, it just goes in one ear and out the other. I have to be in a certain mood to want to lose hardcore.
I'm like a bratty child. I ain't gonna do what you want me to. :p