Models By Relation

Do you mind models who are only signed because of who they are related to?

• Total voters
Sarah Snyder also might count here since she's a model (mostly F21 and Instagram stuff) only because she's famous for dating Jaden Smith (who is also a celebrity model) and allegedly shoplifting a Birkin.

I actually LOVE Sarah Snyder. Not as a model (I didnt even know that she was a "model") , but the fact that she showed up to court wearing a shirt with a picture of her own mugshot on it :bow:

Reactions: 2 users
I actually LOVE Sarah Snyder. Not as a model (I didnt even know that she was a "model") , but the fact that she showed up to court wearing a shirt with a picture of her own mugshot on it :bow:
:lol:

I don't like her green hair at all though. She was cute with the blond bob

I wouldn't trust Bella's definition of model ;)

Without her family, if she was lucky, I could see Kendall modeling for Forever 21 ... And ... That's it.
Forever 21's a pretty highly coveted money job.. that's definitely a compliment to Kendall..

I've said this before, but you can't actually blame those girls for accepting opportunities that are handed to them. There isn't a single one of those nepotism girl that I think is worthy of their place in the industry right now, I cringe everytime I see Gigi on a HF runway or Kendall in editorials, but like, when Donatella asks Gigi to open Versace, why on earth would she say no? Even if she knows that it's not her place. Designers and brand are benefiting from these girls and their huge following, they don't seem to care how mediocre they are as long as they bring $$$ and attention. Yes, it's definitely unfair how they're getting huge beauty contracts and are threated with supermodel status after not even two seasons, but who's giving contracts to these girls at the end of the day?

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users
I've said this before, but you can't actually blame those girls for accepting opportunities that are handed to them. There isn't a single one of those nepotism girl that I think is worthy of their place in the industry right now, I cringe everytime I see Gigi on a HF runway or Kendall in editorials, but like, when Donatella asks Gigi to open Versace, why on earth would she say no? Even if she knows that it's not her place. Designers and brand are benefiting from these girls and their huge following, they don't seem to care how mediocre they are as long as they bring $$$ and attention. Yes, it's definitely unfair how they're getting huge beauty contracts and are threated with supermodel status after not even two seasons, but who's giving contracts to these girls at the end of the day?
Well said:nod:

I don't think you can blame the individual girls for anything other than not trying to lose weight or fix their facial expressions/walk -- but then again they're not put under the same pressure as regular models to do that; so in their minds why should they? The whole industry, the rise of social media and how it's changed all businesses, and the shift towards favoring last names and family relations (for better or for worse) need to be looked at.

CcAqFbpXIAUiXGI.jpg:large

I never thought Kendall was big or anything, but look at her compared to Maartje. THIS IS THE SAME DRESS.

Reactions: 3 users

Had to look up Sarah Snyder but what is :bow: about having to go to court and having a mug shot? Is that something to aspire to?

I've said this before, but you can't actually blame those girls for accepting opportunities that are handed to them.
Key here is that it's being handed to them. I don't blame the girls, I blame whoever's tossing out these opportunities like t-shirts at a basketball game.

Reactions: 1 user
I remember talking about Kendall with some friends recently during FW and the general consensus was that if Kendall wasn't a Jenner she could probably still be a model, but just be with a smaller agency and not be nearly as successful, out there pounding the pavement like everyone else.

I feel like if Bella lost a lot of weight there may be hope for her. Is it bad that I really liked her editorial in Feb. Vogue?

tumblr_inline_noo0leOCOo1rd9jvr_500.gif

Reactions: 8 users
On the Kendall subject, I'm curious: Has she actually had surgery, did she grow into her face, or is it a ton of makeup/contour and editing?

Kendall+Jenner+Variety+4th+Annual+Power+Youth+ES8hCj-Jnu_l.jpg
Kendall%20Jenner%20-%202012%20Sherri%20Hill%20Fashion%20Show-05.jpg

I doubt she would even get Forever 21. She would probably just be doing small jobs, maybe some showroom work, but she's really nothing special. She would definitely be able to get signed because of her height and her face, but she would be one of those girls that never makes it off the development board
True, I was being flippant and generous with that comment -- it is a big job, like @sabine said; I was more going off her current Instagram-friendly look that you see crop up with brands like F21 that are popular with teenage girls, but she still wouldn't have that look if she didn't have all the Jenner resources (surgery? makeup? both...?) and without her fame has much less appeal than any other model.

Forever 21 campaign $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :bow:

294640-800w.jpg

but not as prestigious as something like a Prada campaign (and pays much less than ^^).

Kendall/Gigi/Lily/Bella (with surgery, as she couldn't work at all without it) would be doing the kinda embarrassing e-comm, low-end commercial, and low-end bikini/protein shake gigs (but these jobs definitely pay). The taller girls could still get signed but would in no way be pegged for hf, rather, put in fashion week show packages or doing editorials. "Development/New Face" boards are mostly for new hf girls--from there (depending on how well you do) you get either get dropped or move on to Women's/Direct/Fitness/Curve/Fit-Showroom depending on the agency. I might be wrong but this has just been my overwhelmingly consistent experience since I've been around.

Reactions: 1 user