Models By Relation

Do you mind models who are only signed because of who they are related to?

• Total voters

vie

Grand Dame
Feb 8, 2016
A thread for any agency-signed models who are only signed by agencies because of their relations. For example: Sistine Stalone (Sylvester Stalone's daughter) and Kaia Gerber (Cindy Crawford's daughter) who are famous for their parents, and Anwar Hadid, Immy Waterhouse, and Lottie Moss, whose older siblings are of note. Bigger 'nepotism models' like Bella and Gigi Hadid, the Jenners, and Baldwins also qualify.

I am aware some of these models have their own individual threads but my idea is that this can be for all minor models signed because their family members are major players (in the industry, or just generally rich and influential); comparing their modeling abilities, and whether they deserve to be signed. Also, many of these models don't have enough work to fill individual threads and it can reduce clutter in the forums.

If this belongs in a different section, feel free to move it. If it's irrelevant or accidentally a copy (though I tried to lurk for one as hard as I could) let it be ignored into oblivion. :)

I voted for depends if they're good model or not but I've found 10/10 times they are not. If someone was great, stunning, skinny, etc. a celebrity spawn I guess I wouldn't mind looking at them as long as they were attractive and a good model compared to models without connections. I guess I care a lot less about where they came from and a lot more with what kind of job they do and what I have to look at. I just find that the ones signed are basic looking, put zero effort in with their bodies and being skinny and don't take great photos

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't mind Cara that much before she got fat.
Agree, when she was super skinny and only slightly quirky (2010 to early 2012, I think?) I didn't mind her at all. But she went downhill very fast.

Reactions: 1 users
I saw Hailey Baldwin tonight and she is so SMALL. I'm not very tall ("5'9", but probably 5'8.5) and she was TINY compared to me. Literally 5'5 AT MOST. She's TINY. I can't believe her agency has the audacity to try to pass her off as 5'9

Reactions: 1 user
Alice Dellal, Anna Cleveland, Ella Richards, Caroline Vreeland, Olympia Campbell, Lucan Gillespie, Cora Corre, Tali Lennox, Dree Hemingway...

This is actually a pretty fun game @Artemis

@Ellie Dear god, no--just throwing names!

It's one thing to be 5'7"(170cm) but another to look 5'4" ALWAYS::eek:
vs-lunge.gif

There was an episode of the Kardashians recently where Bella called Kylie a model.... I nearly choked on my coffee (although I much prefer Kylie to Kendall as a person in general)

I remember talking about Kendall with some friends recently during FW and the general consensus was that if Kendall wasn't a Jenner she could probably still be a model, but just be with a smaller agency and not be nearly as successful, out there pounding the pavement like everyone else.

@Artemis That's what I thought, haha ;) Thanks!

See, I would say it depends on if they were actually good or not, but I just can't think of any models-by-proxy that are actually any good. Willing to eat my words on this, of course.

the general consensus was that if Kendall wasn't a Jenner she could probably still be a model, but just be with a smaller agency and not be nearly as successful, out there pounding the pavement like everyone else.
Part-time commercial, maybe. But I question your "model" standards...:whistling:

There was an episode of the Kardashians recently where Bella called Kylie a model.... I nearly choked on my coffee (although I much prefer Kylie to Kendall as a person in general)

I remember talking about Kendall with some friends recently during FW and the general consensus was that if Kendall wasn't a Jenner she could probably still be a model, but just be with a smaller agency and not be nearly as successful, out there pounding the pavement like everyone else.

I wouldn't trust Bella's definition of model ;)

Without her family, if she was lucky, I could see Kendall modeling for Forever 21 ... And ... That's it.

Edie Campbell, Dree Hemingway, Lily Aldridge/Ruby Aldridge . . . .
at the risk of sounding stupid I really had no idea about Lily Aldridge. I always thought she was an odd choice for VS though, I've never seen her as the bombshell type.

Without her family, if she was lucky, I could see Kendall modeling for Forever 21 ... And ... That's it.

I doubt she would even get Forever 21. She would probably just be doing small jobs, maybe some showroom work, but she's really nothing special. She would definitely be able to get signed because of her height and her face, but she would be one of those girls that never makes it off the development board

Sarah Snyder also might count here since she's a model (mostly F21 and Instagram stuff) only because she's famous for dating Jaden Smith (who is also a celebrity model) and allegedly shoplifting a Birkin.

She's 5'5 and looks like a plainer Lily Rose Depp to me. F21 says she's 5'8.5.