Models and their parents

@Thinned @ZeroDiet You are right that being slim isn't a priority for everyone and I try not to judge. But I think we can agree that being overweight (like many of the parents in this thread) is NOT healthy, especially at an older age. I expect to gain a few pounds when I'm 40 or 50, but I would never let myself go like that. My only fear is related to the influence of menopause on my metabolism, but as I resemble my mother a lot, I hope I can stay reasonably thin like her (she makes absolutely no effort to maintain a BMI of 20- and she's 54).

A lot of people would think we're stupid to have sacrificed the things we have to stay this size... but for me, it's worth it. I can't live my life fully with extra weight and maybe some people can't live fully if they had to worry about what they could eat/could not eat every day.

Very well said.

In my late 40's+ I will focus on health and fitness, not eating 800 cals a day and working out like a beast

Plus you want to gain a little when you're older so your face doesn't look too harsh.

Exactly! I would rather be 10lbs heavier than look 10 years older.

But I think we can agree that being overweight (like many of the parents in this thread) is NOT healthy, especially at an older age. I expect to gain a few pounds when I'm 40 or 50, but I would never let myself go like that. My only fear is related to the influence of menopause on my metabolism, but as I resemble my mother a lot, I hope I can stay reasonably thin like her (she makes absolutely no effort to maintain a BMI of 20- and she's 54).

Yes.

Also, you and I are in the same boat post menopause.

Cintia, mom, and sister.

I don't even care that she's average, I love Cintia <3
image.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
One thing that puzzles me is how they managed to grow up to be 5'11'' gazelles or so... some of them have parents that look average height or plainly short, so where did the height come from?

I really don't understand the interplay of genetics/environment affecting the final result. For example, neither of my parents is tall (mom is 5'6'' and my dad is 5'8'' tops), and still I grew up to be shorter than both of them! (a very short-ish/average 5'5''). Meanwhile, my brother is 6 feet tall! Life is not fair...:meh:

Reactions: 2 users
One thing that puzzles me is how they managed to grow up to be 5'11'' gazelles or so... some of them have parents that look average height or plainly short, so where did the height come from?

I really don't understand the interplay of genetics/environment affecting the final result. For example, neither of my parents is tall (mom is 5'6'' and my dad is 5'8'' tops), and still I grew up to be shorter than both of them! (a very short-ish/average 5'5''). Meanwhile, my brother is 6 feet tall! Life is not fair...:meh:

Genes do not come from your parents only, you also have recessive ones from relatives higher up in your genealogical tree which could explain why you can't see their physical expression. I'm right in the middle of both my parents' height at 5'7 and I'm crossing my fingers that my brother will grow to surpass my dad's height!

My mom says that when you surpass 50 your appetite decreases and you dont binge anymore. So I guess if you manage to stay skinny untill youre 50 it wont be so hard after that.

Reactions: 1 users
My mom says that when you surpass 50 your appetite decreases and you dont binge anymore. So I guess if you manage to stay skinny untill youre 50 it wont be so hard after that.
my mom has said the same--she doesn't use the word binge but says your appetite/taste kind of goes down after around 50-55

Reactions: 1 user
I just love Alexandra Elisabeth & her mom looks pretty good too. I`m from Estonia, like AEL, so I know that her father was a businessman and passed away few years ago (because of an illness).

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Stretching the meaning here of "model," but I was very curious what Lesya's mom looks like, since we never hear about her.

Lesya, her mom, and her sister
4ccd52a4a4ff8882f9b3f0445bed02b7__980x.jpg

59404b34a393ef8c26debc11fa126dc4__980x.jpg

92b6f9bac93e9f8d9adc1efeb8804933__980x.jpg

Wow, her mom looks so warm and graceful.

That first picture -- does Lesya have a sister?
I don't know?
The photo here is captioned "Model Maria Tishkova and daughters Alesya and Diana." But I can't find anything on a Diana Kafelnikov, or a Diana Tishkova. Apparently Masha was only married to Yvgeny for three years - highly unlikely that they produced a second child. Maybe a child from her first marriage?

Edit: found a thing.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2002/nov/24/tennis.rugbyunion

Speculation about the women in his life subsided when he began a steady relationship in 1996 with Masha Tishkova, a divorcee who gave up a modelling career on Kafelnikov's insistence. He adopted Tishkova's daughter, Diana, from her first marriage and happily proclaimed the settling effect of their relationship.