Models and their parents

Stammy:
jessica%20stam.jpg

Could this actually be model Jane Schmitt? I think this is an image from the Roberto Cavalli for H&M campaign.

I find it fascinating to see how some girls obviously go the looks straight from their parents (Stam, Sasha Luss), while others (most of them) are just more beautiful and refined versions of them.

And then, there's those who just plainly won the genetic lottery and managed to turn out beautiful despite their parents looks (like Karlie, Abbey and Gisele). I would hate being the sister of any of them! :ohno:

Reactions: 1 users
Chanel Iman and her mum
6580684cfc74e598088aa33b5b2759fc.jpeg

Alessandra Ambrosio's parents
article-0-14AF0126000005DC-367_634x533.jpg

Adriana Lima's mum
537e165ab6.jpg

Candice Swanepoel's parents
tumblr_mhzj5dY2z41s5zecko1_1280.jpg

Joan Smalls' mum
06-models-moms-instagram-joansmalls.jpg

Lara Stone's parents
18iwivwlut48bjpg.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Could this actually be model Jane Schmitt? I think this is an image from the Roberto Cavalli for H&M campaign.
I think you're right. This is from her Twitter. I'm never one to to creep so hardcore on anyone but I needed to know if that was actually her mother or not because I definitely would have wanted to have been adopted.
CE1hGQxUEAAWLs8.jpg:large

I think you're right. This is from her Twitter. I'm never one to to creep so hardcore on anyone but I needed to know if that was actually her mother or not because I definitely would have wanted to have been adopted.

Good detecting! Yes she's stunning. Even the silver colour of her hair is glorious! I'm going to do a thread on Jane Schmitt in the models section...

I have a photo of mum and I at my last music video shoot, it's one of my favourites thats hung up on my wall

Candice looks so radiant and happy in that photo with her parents aw

She does, but we are also able to see where she got her thickness from.

Her parents are old. Everyone gets to an age where they let themselves go.
As a model I know if I lived the way I do for my entire life then I would get many health complications. Criticise the model, not her old parents.

Reactions: 2 users
Her parents are old. Everyone gets to an age where they let themselves go.
As a model I know if I lived the way I do for my entire life then I would get many health complications. Criticise the model, not her old parents.

My mother is the age of her mother and she weights 54 kilos.
I'm not saying they should be SG skinny, but I know many "old" people who manage to stay reasonably thin, within normal range.

As a model I know if I lived the way I do for my entire life then I would get many health complications.

Sorry to derail the thread, but what do you plan to do with your current clothes? Do you buy pieces you only intend to wear while working? Or for a long long time? Clothes not accessories.

Sorry to derail the thread, but what do you plan to do with your current clothes? Do you buy pieces you only intend to wear while working? Or for a long long time? Clothes not accessories.

I plan on being this size till I am in my 40's at least, same as my mum, so not something I have to worry about yet.
I will never be big, but I don't plan on being a size 6 forever, it's just not realistic

Most of the parents have this 'down-to-earth' vibe, I like that. With them even the most unsympathic models appear nice suddenly.

Sidenote: Jane Schmitt is a knockout in this picture, it would be interesting to see how her children look or the the kids of Dell'Orefice.

I plan on being this size till I am in my 40's at least, same as my mum, so not something I have to worry about yet.
I will never be big, but I don't plan on being a size 6 forever, it's just not realistic
Thank you!
Thank goodness for tailoring and seams :)

My mother is the age of her mother and she weights 54 kilos.
I'm not saying they should be SG skinny, but I know many "old" people who manage to stay reasonably thin, within normal range.
For some people, it's just not a priority. As long as they're healthy, I can't fault them for that. A lot of people would think we're stupid to have sacrificed the things we have to stay this size... but for me, it's worth it. I can't live my life fully with extra weight and maybe some people can't live fully if they had to worry about what they could eat/could not eat every day.

Even Vlada has gained a bit!! (still thin and beautiful but much more 'healthy'/toned and radiant now). Anyway, there's a difference between SG skinny and celeb-skinny. I think I'd be okay with celeb-skinny (not celeb-slim :eek:) in my 40-50s. Plus you want to gain a little when you're older so your face doesn't look too harsh.

For some people, it's just not a priority. As long as they're healthy, I can't fault them for that. A lot of people would think we're stupid to have sacrificed the things we have to stay this size... but for me, it's worth it. I can't live my life fully with extra weight and maybe some people can't live fully if they had to worry about what they could eat/could not eat every day.

Even Vlada has gained a bit!! (still thin and beautiful but much more 'healthy'/toned and radiant now). Anyway, there's a difference between SG skinny and celeb-skinny. I think I'd be okay with celeb-skinny (not celeb-slim :eek:) in my 40-50s. Plus you want to gain a little when you're older so your face doesn't look too harsh.

Exactly. Every model will gain when you're older. I plan on having a family and running around after kids etc, being super slim in my older years will not be a priority even though right now my biggest fear would be to gain.
In my late 40's+ I will focus on health and fitness, not eating 800 cals a day and working out like a beast

Reactions: 4 users