Model height

anyone seen or met Sophia Ahrens in person? She posted something to her instagram story that leads me to believe she's taller than the 5'11" she's listed at.
nW1FlJI6_o.png

*rough translation done by someone at tfs
I'm trying to be an honest source and to show the industry as it is...Each show season, only thousands of new faces are being booked, that means the chances of those who are a bit more experienced and have done a couple of seasons already are decreasing, it gets harder and harder for them to stay on top and to keep the point of view/stand point [not entirely certain what she means here], not impossible, but very difficult. Many aren't even trying any more or do 'direct bookings', although the chances to be invited for castings are much higher when you're in town instead of being flown in from abroad.

Girls are getting soaked in and puked out again one after the other by the industry, you can imagine what that does to the self-confindence of a 16-year-old girl chasing her dream. It's immoral and sickening/disgusting.

They told me I was not a show girl, too tall & too "athletically built," - and they don't have any idea about what kind of person I am, head is thinking [or does she mean: what I'm thinking?? I don't know], I'm ****ing stubborn and decide to go for it anyway. They can kiss my ....
wink.gif
The feeling of walking when the music is on point is too amazing to give up on it, especially when you've already invested a lot of time to get your measurements right. They told me my chances for Milan were at 20%. Alright, I'll take the 20% and give them my 120% and see how it turns out. Can't wait. Optimism is everything in life, otherwise you can forget about it right away. I know what I'm talking about. Trust me.

If every girl gave up just because she isn't a new face anymore, do you know what would change in the industry? NOTHING. I went to my agency today and insisted on seeing casting director xy - who is in charge of 95% of the top shows in Milan. They sent me to the new face casting. He recognized me and told me to wait. He saw all of the new faces first (power play) and only then it was my turn. As if I hadn't done all of this before in my first season. I got a callback for one of my favs. The heat is on. Fingers crossed. I won't give up.

I've only found a few, not fantastic, comparison photos

Her in a recent ed w/ Felix Gesnouin (6'2)
BCgbzvIp_o.jpg

with Luna Bijl (5'10")
QNo5DAZF_o.jpg

in action with one of Les Twins who are supposedly 6'4

Reactions: 1 user
The ridiculous height difference between around 5’5-5’6 Anna dello Russo and Hailey Baldwin in heels
596975D9-C417-479C-AF1F-F210B2513516.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: 2 users
None of them deserves to be called a model, but... Meredith M. is listed as 5’10 abd Cindy K. isn’t taller than 5’6.
I know Cindy is kinda on her tiptoes but the height difference between the two isn’t of 4 inches
2DF6F2A9-C41B-4EA9-9CA1-8C2FF33AF896.jpeg

• Agree
Kris Grikaite is listed as being 175/5'9"... I'm pretty sure we all agree that she's definitely shorter than that. This video illustrates it pretty well - the girls on either side of her are Naomi (5'11) and Lea (5'11)

• Agree
  • Useful
Kris Grikaite is listed as being 175/5'9"... I'm pretty sure we all agree that she's definitely shorter than that. This video illustrates it pretty well - the girls on either side of her are Naomi (5'11) and Lea (5'11)

Adding on to this, she looks about the same height as Fran Summers, who is listed as 178/5'10 by Storm and Ford. Since Kris definitely isn't 5'9, I wonder what Fran's true height is?
PAR_6366.jpg.eb56776a9b1e899aba5de3eafed63518.jpg

• Agree
Adding on to this, she looks about the same height as Fran Summers, who is listed as 178/5'10 by Storm and Ford. Since Kris definitely isn't 5'9, I wonder what Fran's true height is?

I doubt seriously that Fran is anywhere near 178... I guess them both closer to 173

I doubt seriously that Fran is anywhere near 178... I guess them both closer to 173... they both have amazing faces I don't understand agency lies about height... it's obviously going to be exposed at a casting.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Im working as a model, but I’ll never get the whole lieing about the height thing.
I know many short girls around 172, agency would lie they are 175 cm, but the worst was when there was a really short girl, not even 172, and the agency wrote on the website and sedcards that she’s 180!!!!!! Even the girl was embarrassed about it and asked them to change it, but they said it’s ok!!

• Funny
  • Agree
  • WTF
Reactions: 4 users
After looking at what Tilda Lindstam (5'10.5 @ IMG) has been up to, I stumbled upon this picture of her at the Tommy Hilfiger show a few seasons ago next to Romy Schonberger (5'10 @ DNA). They are wearing the exact same outfit but could it be the angle or that Romy's feet are closer together that is making this huge height difference?
nxSjVrNp_o.jpg

After looking at what Tilda Lindstam (5'10.5 @ IMG) has been up to, I stumbled upon this picture of her at the Tommy Hilfiger show a few seasons ago next to Romy Schonberger (5'10 @ DNA). They are wearing the exact same outfit but could it be the angle or that Romy's feet are closer together that is making this huge height difference?
nxSjVrNp_o.jpg
There is some staggering (Tilda slightly behind Romy) and stride (Romy stepping out Tilda in) but I don't believe there's only .5inch between the two...

• Agree
Kaia, Sherry, Vitto
LIyiTcL.png

I realize it's not the best picture due to them not being in a straight line/potentially wearing different heeled shoes), but for some reason Kaia's height really stood out to me here (Sherry is 5'11", Vittoria 5'9" according to The Society)

• WTF
  • Agree
Kaia, Sherry, Vitto
LIyiTcL.png

I realize it's not the best picture due to them not being in a straight line/potentially wearing different heeled shoes), but for some reason Kaia's height really stood out to me here (Sherry is 5'11", Vittoria 5'9" according to The Society)
I think that Kaia has her feet apart pretty far since you can basically see her full left foot. Vittoria is actually listed as 5'9.5" on The Society. I've posted this comparison picture on Kaia's thread before, but they're pretty much the same height.

kinda beating a dead horse here but here's another of Sara...
1059371238.png.bb24254252eb2e8493741597a623acc0.png

I question both Giselle Olivera (5'9) and Liu Wen (5'10) they both look more than a couple inches shorter than the other girls... Devon (5'11), Herieth (5'11), Shanina (5'9), Nadine (5'10)
1059371200.png.044794c7b87cdadc7f75dddbbecd13ee.png

• Agree
Both are listed as 177 cm. I believe Sarah to be pretty tall, since she always looks tall in videos/pictures (might be because of her tiny frame as well), but I’m pretty curious about Nina’s height tbh
D9FA8C3B-E9AF-4C05-B7C9-C24F8D45B0C9.jpeg