• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Model Eat!

Olgiata

Super Star
I think judging by how the skinny supermodels of that era have maintained their figures and health (good skin, no known illnesses, many have had children) they ate healthily.
A bit late to the party , but I've been delving more deeply into the science of fasting and intermittent fasting (which I am sure is done by many models, knowingly or not), and the health benefits are tremendous. A low caloric intake in general, as well as fasting, has been proven to extend lifespan and prevent many chronic illnesses (the studies have mainly been done on animals but there is evidence that lends one to believe it could be extended to humans).
It also increases HGH (human growth hormones) which is responsible for many things including increased skin elasticity and preventing ageing, so I'm guessing it partially explains their ability to maintain health and for some to have aged very gracefully indeed.

I've picked all that up from the reading I've been doing the past 3 days as I've been fasting and needed some convincing it was worth, so I don't have the sources readily at hand now, however I can try and dig them up in my history if anyone's interested (though most of these will be readily available on a lot of websites)

Last edited:

PattieBoyd

Rookie
Some photos from avant.eats! This IG account was mentioned in January, but since then they have posted some really nice pictures (and some terrible ones too, especially in the last month).
My favorites:

Anastasiya Volkova eating what it looks like bread, pasta and some salad.
64880715_357404711618575_8414283640987948477_n.jpg

Alisha Nesvat eating pasta (even though the photo is nasty, her portion doesn't look too big).
55813386_277438833170614_2925552146245072277_n.jpg

Sonya Maltceva eating a croissant... :badgirl:
51796766_559136204587499_4751147437654310428_n.jpg

:flower:

bougainvilleas

Rising Star
If you zoom in she isn’t even letting that donut touch her teeth :lol:
Are we sure it’s not just been entirely photoshopped into the picture? The edges of the donut are suspiciously blurry, and then there’s that chunk of jagged brown oops-forgot-to-erase-the-background-fully Photoshop tragedy by her watch/wrist ......

FashionThin

VIP - Insider & The Boss
Staff member
VIP
Are we sure it’s not just been entirely photoshopped into the picture? The edges of the donut are suspiciously blurry, and then there’s that chunk of jagged brown oops-forgot-to-erase-the-background-fully Photoshop tragedy by her watch/wrist ......
Wow I didn't even notice that!

I tried reverse image search and got "competitive eating" :lol:

edit: omg will someone translate? I think I found some :drama:

Last edited:

FashionThin

VIP - Insider & The Boss
Staff member
VIP
I found another version to compare: 🧐

elle_w00ds

Grand Dame
Wow I didn't even notice that!

I tried reverse image search and got "competitive eating" :lol:

edit: omg will someone translate? I think I found some :drama:

The article just says that Celine has received flak from followers who don't believe that she actually eats the donut, I couldn't pick up anything about PS specifically but then my German also is pitiful. Apparently she's been harshly criticised for her slender frame and their conspiracy theory is this was some kind of virtue* signalling to calm the 'concerned' and generously sized.

* only in our depraved time is gluttony a virtue

edit: Googled her name and on the first page of search results is a link to her Pinterest board (paging @glossyangel) labelled 'skinny'. It would perhaps behoove the aspiring model to clean that up if she so desires to pass as jovial and body positive.

Last edited:

linnclaire

Rookie
The article just says that Celine has received flak from followers who don't believe that she actually eats the donut, I couldn't pick up anything about PS specifically but then my German also is pitiful. Apparently she's been harshly criticised for her slender frame and their conspiracy theory is this was some kind of virtue* signalling to calm the 'concerned' and generously sized.

edit: Googled her name and on the first page of search results is a link to her Pinterest board (paging @glossyangel) labelled 'skinny'. It would perhaps behoove the aspiring model to clean that up if she so desires to pass as jovial and body positive.
yup pretty much! I’ll just translate the end (which is like a summary of the article): “In a interview with GALA, the pretty winner of the GNTM has said a few months ago: ‘I do a lot of sports and try to eat healthy. I also think that one could treat themselves once in a while.’ We hope that Celine did also treat herself with this Berliner and the skinniness (“Mager” means skinny in a negative way) debate comes to an end.”

PattieBoyd

Rookie

Went to Pinterest and she also has a board full of Romee pictures (when she was skinny, of course) and some more with low calorie recipes...

Screenshot_20190817-204310_Pinterest.jpg

Some of the recipes are actually very nice and if you guys still use Pinterest (my guilty pleasure) some of the stuff she Pinned can be really inspirational... :luvluv:

Edit: She also has some photos of Bella Hadid... Nobody is perfect! :smash:

Reactions: FashionThin