Miss Skinny - Size Zero Only

B

birkinbangs

I saw a link to this on FB earlier:

miss-skinny.se

It's a Swedish store (not open yet) that will only carry a size 32. The FB ad had the slogan "Do you fit in?" and of course all the comments are negative: "I want to look like a human, not a skeleton!" etc... and a lot of people think it's a joke/stunt/first part of some health campaign (?). I think the marketing is a bit misguided (esp for Sweden, which is a very PC place and where the American Apparel stores have been vandalised a lot in recent months, for example), but it's hard to find such small sizes here. Vanity sizing is insane. It makes me wonder if the 32 will even be truly x-small, or if there'd be a lot of people who could "fit in" anyway :nervous:

I absolutely love the slogan! Hopefully the XS is small enough! I've gone into stores before and found that the 00 was too big :rolleyes:

I think it's a great idea!

In my country, we have a lot of 'fat stores', with sizes L to XXXL. I've even seen a store with boots for "all calf sizes" for women that can't up the zippers of normal boots. I'm not kidding.

A skinny store is needed as well. :)

The calf thing made me laugh, but also kind of want to puke :spazrun: How do you get to the point when you can't fit into SHOES, and not just... lose weight??

I actually think the idea of the store is great, too! (If it's a real thing, but I am getting paranoid.) That's why I wish they had been a little more subtle in their advertising, and just made it about the impossibility of finding little clothes in the modern day instead of being about how skinny is sexy - because I really do worry about how they'll survive in Sweden with a slogan like that.

I had to buy children's leggings at the sport store the other day, and of course they're really short on me. You'd think people who shop at a sport store would be a bit smaller...

i think generally it's totally ok to open a store and selling size 0 only, just like other stores selling plus size only.
i do think it's incredibly triggering for women battling self esteam issues or ed's or similar stuff. on the other hand the brand is not responsible for anybody elses problems, disorders or anything, so it's fine i guess?

but imagining young girls who haven't yet developed their full personality, who could think they're worthless and not cool/good enough unless they fit in miss skinny's clothes i feel very uncomfortable regarding the slogan:

"We believe in the true beauty of women.
We believe that compromise has no place in fashion.
We never blend in. We never say sorry.
We say bye bye to normal.
Say hello to Miss Skinny. "

a grown up woman is able to handle these kind of things a lot better, but teenage girls? at least i would have suffered big time if there would have been a whole store i've been to fat for :nervous:.

"We believe in the true beauty of women.
We believe that compromise has no place in fashion.
We never blend in. We never say sorry.
We say bye bye to normal.
Say hello to Miss Skinny. "

a grown up woman is able to handle these kind of things a lot better, but teenage girls? at least i would have suffered big time if there would have been a whole store i've been to fat for :nervous:.

And yet the slogan sounds like it was written with a teen crowd in mind:rolleyes:

I think it's a great idea!

In my country, we have a lot of 'fat stores', with sizes L to XXXL. I've even seen a store with boots for "all calf sizes" for women that can't up the zippers of normal boots. I'm not kidding.

A skinny store is needed as well. :)

About the calf thing- yeah most of the people that need wide calf boots are fat as hell, but sometimes they're just muscular. My mom is maybe 125lbs at 5'2'', so on the small side of average for a 51 year old american woman. But she has the habit of walking on her toes all the time, and is very very athletic to begin with, making her calves SUPER muscular. So it really is a good thing that they make wide boots for people like her. If the fatties need them too, whatever. More motivation for brands to put more wide calf boots out so there's a better selection.

About the calf thing- yeah most of the people that need wide calf boots are fat as hell, but sometimes they're just muscular. My mom is maybe 125lbs at 5'2'', so on the small side of average for a 51 year old american woman. But she has the habit of walking on her toes all the time, and is very very athletic to begin with, making her calves SUPER muscular. So it really is a good thing that they make wide boots for people like her. If the fatties need them too, whatever. More motivation for brands to put more wide calf boots out so there's a better selection.
To be honest, there are not many super fit, muscular 50-year-olds like your mom here. :p Kudos to her btw, staying active and taking care of her body. :) Most buyers at these stores are obese women who let theirselves go -to the point of damaging their health- so I've always been a little bitter about those stores.
But you are right, women with muscular calves should find nice shoes to wear. :)

995181_165288137001462_1556950453_n.jpg

Source: http://tinyurl.com/lga2wsb

I can't read Swedish, but I am guessing this is some kind of campaign to bring awareness to EDs or media pressure to be thin. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. However, I wish there were stores who carried clothes for skinnies. I can't find a single pair of pants to fit this frame.