Mischa Barton

Ugh I know. Sometimes I still watch that show and its just such a shame how skinny she used to be and how drugged out/swollen/big she is now!

exactly. but last time i watched the OC i took a closer look and realised the shape of her legs is not the best. you can tell that if she gained weight, it for sure would make her a total pear- and *tata, hello thunder thighs*.

exactly. but last time i watched the OC i took a closer look and realised the shape of her legs is not the best. you can tell that if she gained weight, it for sure would make her a total pear- and *tata, hello thunder thighs*.
Oh yes for sure! The thighs have always been bad

omg i'm almost sorry to post this... she has gotten worse if that was even possible..
80_euro_spl858625_005.jpg

Seriously... I can understand having a 10-12 pound slip due to slacking off on your regime, or even having a big temporary weight gain due to health issues or having a baby. But becoming THIS big and keeping the weight (and even putting more on) over such a long term? Especially after having been skinny before... It really makes me wonder what on earth could have happened to her.

Seriously... I can understand having a 10-12 pound slip due to slacking off on your regime, or even having a big temporary weight gain due to health issues or having a baby. But becoming THIS big and keeping the weight (and even putting more on) over such a long term? Especially after having been skinny before... It really makes me wonder what on earth could have happened to her.
Seriously. If anyone here has any inside information...

I think it's more psychological than her just giving up on being thin and gaining a lot of weight... plus with the drugs and alcohol abuse (which may have helped her stay skinny. Cocaine anyone?) during her O.C and partying days. it's just a loss of control. But it looks she's doing a little fitness-- walking her dog and all.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20745915,00.html

wow. Anyway, I think I'm going to stop picking on her. A) it's just pointless because she's so far from thin and B) Sure we are a gossip site but I guess when I see her statement about being picked of for being too thin and then too big, I feel quite sad for her, because it's true, you can NEVER really be good enough in a way (to oneself and others)....especially as a woman. She's young, she can still get on top of her issues if that is what has caused here to massively gain. If she is making healthy changes and sticks to them a lot of this weight should eventually come off. I think there are other celebs to take down now, so I guess I'll just ignore Mischa. B for now.....hoping she can make the change she needs in her life....t

sigh, a moment of compassion.....just a moment though....

wow. Anyway, I think I'm going to stop picking on her. A) it's just pointless because she's so far from thin and B) Sure we are a gossip site but I guess when I see her statement about being picked of for being too thin and then too big, I feel quite sad for her, because it's true, you can NEVER really be good enough in a way (to oneself and others)....especially as a woman. She's young, she can still get on top of her issues if that is what has caused here to massively gain. If she is making healthy changes and sticks to them a lot of this weight should eventually come off. I think there are other celebs to take down now, so I guess I'll just ignore Mischa. B for now.....hoping she can make the change she needs in her life....t

sigh, a moment of compassion.....just a moment though....

Very well put!

I suspect that a lot of young celebrities are made to lose weight for their careers, and while they may genuinely enjoy being skinny, they lack the motivation to stay that way when the pressure is removed. Hollywood incentivizes thinness, but it does little to make girls like Mischa - or Mila Kunis or Jessica Simpson, who are really just average people with average ambitions - want to be skinny for themselves. This is why Mischa seems like such a complete train wreck - she went from gorgeous and small to bloated and hideous; but without an internal sense of discipline, willpower and focus, where else could she possibly go?

Reactions: 1 user