Met Gala 2018

Well that didn't take long - of course the DailyMail can always be counted on for this sort of thing.

Sins against style! Shailene Woodley leads the list of worst dressed fashion nightmares at the Met Gala in a Tin Man-esque dress, as Zoe Kravitz rebels against the religious theme by wearing NO underwear.
Full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5701453/The-worst-dressed-Met-Gala-2018.html

I honestly think Zoe looks stunning, but I'm not sure how "on theme" the dress is. I hope she doesn't turn into the next Halle Berry, just showing aggressive amounts of skin because she's a gorgeous woman with a magical skin tone.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... SHAILENE YIKES, GIRLFRIEND. She took to instagram this morning to boast about how gorgeous her dress was and how she felt so amazing. She especially needs to be careful because of how aggressively apple shaped she is. Why why WHY. Guess that's what happens when you and your stylist don't see eye to eye.

Blake Lively, Zendaya and Lily Collins were my absolute favourite looks. Especially Zendaya. As someone mentioned before, Joan of Arc is an incredibly clever take on the theme. :luv:

I surprisingly really liked Stella Maxwell’s attire :luv:
75742F72-2D16-4A9C-A822-541F7AD76B78.jpeg

B451DEED-719A-4387-9C7F-65E37D2F446C.jpeg

Definitely cannot say the same about Ashley Graham.. :superpuke:
155F3C73-077C-4867-B9AA-D651E8F789B2.jpeg
7F3F1DB0-1F0F-4188-8CC0-57450075205D.jpeg

Or her body :hahano:

• Gross
  • Funny
Reactions: 6 users

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 124
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Losers in my opinion are always those who completely avoid the theme (cindy crawford, doutzen, lily aldridge, and kate moss were particular wtf's)

To be fair to Kate, there's a good chance she'd been out the previous night, hadn't made it home and so just turned up still wearing her outfit from Sunday.....

• Funny
Reactions: 7 users
Mixed feelings about the dress, but I think Amanda Seyfried looks stunning and I love the hair.
4D552C9B-B318-417E-A8FD-CCE65E319E3B.jpeg
4DF4F15B-2234-4533-B6BC-A0322B92754A.jpeg
155F6124-5C4B-4FA8-8F39-82EFBDC59C22.jpeg

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users
I saw this in the ig-story of diet_prada and had no idea who she was even though I used to love her looks!
The eyebrows make a huge difference, thank you for pointing that out @FrançoiseEllyn !
I still think she looks stunning (but like a completely different person)
So awful. I think minimally subtle lip injections, (bad) Botox in her forehead hence the shininess, cheek fillers and potentially fat grafting. Yikes.

• Agree
Re: their red carpet debut -- Honestly still floored that this girl grew up to date Elon Musk (despite being a self-proclaimed "anti-imperialist"). Maybe imperialism doesn't count if it's on Mars?

8a70df95c2bc2aa0c4608d9d99a82a2b.jpg

• Funny
  • Agree
  • WTF
Reactions: 6 users
Re: their red carpet debut -- Honestly still floored that this girl grew up to date Elon Musk (despite being a self-proclaimed "anti-imperialist"). Maybe imperialism doesn't count if it's on Mars?

View attachment 24168

Quoting Stalin. Classy.

(edit: pun actually not intended, but I'll let it stand.)

• Funny
Reactions: 5 users
i found that many (myself included) were quick to judge whether the costumes were boring/on theme or not, however after watching interviews and reading quite a few articles i found that so many of these outfits needed their context/ideas behind them. for instance i didn't initially like gigi's dress, but after hearing the concept (made to look like stained glass- by versace) i totally understood it and loved the look. same with zendaya. what do you guys think is boring simply boring or can that be countered by the concept behind it?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
i found that many (myself included) were quick to judge whether the costumes were boring/on theme or not, however after watching interviews and reading quite a few articles i found that so many of these outfits needed their context/ideas behind them. for instance i didn't initially like gigi's dress, but after hearing the concept (made to look like stained glass- by versace) i totally understood it and loved the look. same with zendaya. what do you guys think is boring simply boring or can that be countered by the concept behind it?

I totally agree. So much freedom of expression in matters of style, just imagine the interpretation of the concept and the details every costume offered! The work itself must have beenn a challenge to adapt around the theme. It's a pity some figures restrained from displaying any creativity and appeared in regular dresses compared to those who walked the extra mile and became living exhibits of art.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

By and large I love hearing about the inspiration and story behind any piece of art or design. But I also feel like if you have to explain a peice, presented at a themed show, you may have missed the mark.

Obviously not everyone is going to get everything (personally I love the subtle as much as I love well done over the top) and in those cases a bit of "here's why" helps - Gigi's gown some people didn't see as on theme (I got the reference immediately) but after the stained glass reference came out it suddenly all made sense.

But occasionally the story does make good things all that much better. Frances McDormand's outfit I loved but didn't understand how it fit in the theme. Tree/garden of Eden reference, maybe? Was my initial thought. Since then I've read a couple of articles that say when asked about it she said "I'm pagan" - which takes it (for me) to a whole other level of awesome. *I have no idea how truthful, accurate, or embellished those were but it made that ensemble in that environment make a lot more sense to me and made me love it all that much more.

• Agree
This is morbid, but I'm a little disappointed that no one did an Inquisition-based gown; there's a lot of gory, austere, spiky, fiery potential there.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Mica Arganaraz, Anja Rubik, Anthony Vaccarello, Amber Valletta, Kate Moss, Charlotte Casiraghi, & Charlotte Gainsbourg
micaanjaanthonyamberkatecharx2-jpg.24098

This is the absolute worst picture I’ve seen from the Gala (besides Shailene). It’s like they all just picked random formal clubwear from their closets. Why bother going at all if you so blantantly don’t care about theme? The entire group all doing this is the weirdest part to me, do they want to make it look intentional or something?

It just looks tacky in comparison to some of the good looks, in a different way from the tragic but still on-theme looks.