Met Gala 2017

Ardeur

Super Star
Jun 28, 2015
IMG_1081.PNG

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
It begins! Stella Maxwell's look is one of the few that I don't hate, so far.

gettyimages-675596608.jpg

Although it's really disappointing that so few attendees are dressed in CDG / wearing truly interesting pieces / paying homage to Rei Kawakubo.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
I thought there were some super disappointing cases of just... slackness in terms of weight/body stuff. Like I'd forgotten about Behati Prinsloo, so I don't know remember she was ever "properly" skinny, but just... meh at her arms/torso, I guess.

rs_634x1024-170501153828-634-met-gala-2017-arrivals-behati-prinsloo.jpg

There were a few of those. Like I'm not talking about the Amy Schumers of this world but models and normally slim actresses who I expected better from. Oh for example Emma Roberts:

Emma-Roberts-Met-Gala-Dress-2017.jpg

Like did everyone forget to go to the gym, or...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Honestly I'm just going through like 100 pics on Vogue to try and find anyone who actually does inspire me body-wise... I don't want to just post pics of people who look meh, especially since I think a couple of them might have had kids recently-ish. But there are a LOT of really out of shape arms... Are toned or skinny arms not really a thing anymore in Hollywood? It's something I've noticed around the awards shows as well.

But um, looking for good ones so. Cliche, but Lily Rose Depp looked pretty good! Although not a fan of the fake tanner. She is beautiful:

met-gala-2017-best-dressed-lily-rose-depp.jpg

Hannah Bagshaw, Eddie Redmayne's wife, actually looks lovely! It must be nerve wracking going to these things as a "civilian" but she looks nicer than a lot of the stars there:

rs_634x1024-170501170037-634.Hannah-Bagshawe-Eddie-Redmayne-Met-Gala-New-York.kg.050117.jpg

Jourdan Dunn proving she can look skinny and cute in literally anything:

Jourdan-Dunn-HM-Dress-Met-Gala-2017.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Ooh and Aymeline Valade (imo) has both her body sorted and an outfit in keeping with the theme, I know it's weird but I love it:

gettyimages-675581210.jpg

Lily Collins also looks decent, although there is an arm thing happening I'm not sure about? Maybe camera angles, who knows:

Lily-Collins-Giambattista-Valli-Dress-Met-Gala-2017.jpg

There were a couple other :tsk: ones, but I just googled someone who it looks like has gained enough weight that I didn't recognise her - and it says she has been struggling with PCOS. How shitty for her. So I won't post the pic. It must suck to have to attend red carpet events when you're not comfortable with your weight but can't do much about it at that time.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Train wreck in A. Wang

Attachments

• tumblr_opb2490r3T1s8idf1o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_opb2490r3T1s8idf1o1_1280.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 127
  • tumblr_opb2490r3T1s8idf1o2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_opb2490r3T1s8idf1o2_1280.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 115
  • tumblr_opb2490r3T1s8idf1o3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_opb2490r3T1s8idf1o3_1280.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Gross
  • Funny
Reactions: 3 users
I hate that so many people looked like they were just going to prom. The MET Gala is a place for innovation and the unconventional and fashion as wearable art, not simple pretty typical award-show dresses. CDG and Rei have such unique designs too - even if they're not the most 'wearable' or flattering, on purpose - that it seems a shame to come in some generic sheath type dress.

The worst look of the night by far to me was unquestionably Lena Dunham, but I only saw the photo of her on Twitter and I can't find it now, and I don't voluntarily want to google her and sift through images to find one to post...

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
I hate that so many people looked like they were just going to prom. The MET Gala is a place for innovation and the unconventional and fashion as wearable art, not simple pretty typical award-show dresses. CDG and Rei have such unique designs too - even if they're not the most 'wearable' or flattering, on purpose - that it seems a shame to come in some generic sheath type dress.

Agree. I feel like the theme interpretations rival the disastrous "China" themed year for badness.

And generally I hear you on Lena Dunham but I actually thought she looked better than usual? Someone on another site suggested it was because she got the "proportions" right, which is a nice way of saying a huge gown that kinda emphasises her waist a bit, and hides everything else...

Like still not good, but I've seen her in worse red carpet wear. The colour is nice on her and I like her makeup.

Lena-Dunham-Dress-Met-Gala-2017.jpg

• Agree
Lena is godawful and I'm convinced Anna Wintour only lets her in to add some 'edge' to the gala and fight the complaints that's too stuffy, traditionalist, etc. "See, we invited Lena! The physical embodiment of all that is repulsive, offsetting the grace and poise that most of the other attendees bring. Aren't we progressive?"

• Funny
Reactions: 2 users
met-gala-2017-524-amy-schumer-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Jesus this is physically uncomfortable to look at...

Zendaya was definitely one of the highlights, in comparison-- I like how she always goes with a more unconventional look and how nice her collarbones/shoulders are

zendaya-met-gala-2017-lead.jpg

I thought there were some super disappointing cases of just... slackness in terms of weight/body stuff. Like I'd forgotten about Behati Prinsloo, so I don't know remember she was ever "properly" skinny, but just... meh at her arms/torso, I guess.

rs_634x1024-170501153828-634-met-gala-2017-arrivals-behati-prinsloo.jpg

Behati gave birth in September 2016, and losing weight after a child isn't always a priority given you have another human to look after and your priorities are elsewhere. Some people do it quickly, others not so much. So personally I find it hard to be too critical of her at this point in time.
Kendall sure looked classy ;)View attachment 16100
My question is who the fucked dressed Kendall because that outfit does nothing from the back other than accentuate her incredibly broad shoulders. It's horrible and makes her look grossly disproportional.

This year the Met Gala was very average, nothing at all special. It seems like no one really takes risks anymore, not even at an event that usually curates artful and unique fashion.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Behati gave birth in September 2016, and losing weight after a child isn't always a priority given you have another human to look after and your priorities are elsewhere. Some people do it quickly, others not so much. So personally I find it hard to be too critical of her at this point in time.

Argh, sorry, I totally didn't realize she'd just had a kid. I wouldn't have included her if I knew. As I mentioned, I left a couple of other people out who I knew had given birth recently, and someone who apparently has PCOS and looks like she must be on steroids.

But she is doing very well for only having given birth in September, good for her!

I think Lena Dunham actually looked okay given the theme. At least she tried. A little.
Whereas most of the other people looked like they were celebrating the launch of H&M x Ralph Lauren.

• Agree
Agree. I feel like the theme interpretations rival the disastrous "China" themed year for badness.

And generally I hear you on Lena Dunham but I actually thought she looked better than usual? Someone on another site suggested it was because she got the "proportions" right, which is a nice way of saying a huge gown that kinda emphasises her waist a bit, and hides everything else...

Like still not good, but I've seen her in worse red carpet wear. The colour is nice on her and I like her makeup.

Lena-Dunham-Dress-Met-Gala-2017.jpg

Call me crazy, but she was one of the better dressed ones there IMO. I think this outfit would've looked amazing on a skinny!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user