Maxi Dresses and Maxi Skirts?

I really like maxi-dresses and skirts! Also for petite girls. But I think it is best on skinny girls. Because otherwise someone is a sort of 'bulb' of human, if you know what I mean :p But maxidress, with tight top, skinny arms, tiny wrists and a collarbone, that's just gorgeous.

Reactions: 1 user
Maxi dresses yes, maxi skirts no.

I think maxi dresses look cute and generally elongate if they are in a solid color. Maxi skirts make me think of evangelical Christians.

I love both. Only on small girls if they're skinny though. I have been trying to pull off this trend since it started YEARS ago but I can never seem to get a maxi dress that doesn't make me look like a human sausage :run:

I got two maxi skirts for holidays though, just see through chiffon ones for the beach and I love them! I look like a short ass but I don't care :p

Yes for both, but you have to be really really careful how you style them, because they can be pretty tricky... Either unflattering or just stupid looking.

Maxi dress that's 4 inches too short with a nasty topknot, stupid Hollywood sunglasses, and ugly sandals a la Miley = No.

Maxi skirt with basically anything but a simple, slightly baggy t-shirt or tank top (in my opinion) = No. I hate when girls wear maxi skirts with an untucked, tight-fitting graphic t-shirt or something, ew.

I am a fan of both! The dresses are great because I have a tiny upper body so it covers up my lower body and makes me appear a lot thinner :) love them!

I love maxi dresses, not so sure about maxi skirts. I kind of like how they look, but recently everybody around me seems to be wearing them (with very tight shirts always) and they don't look too good..

I like the dresses for slouching around in the park-type activities, but I don't wear them myself because of my huge boob situation. If the top's big enough to go over them it'll look like a balloon on the rest of my torso and yeah, just not work.

Only small boob people can wear them, I think :cry:.

I don't like the skirts because it's impossible to get a top that suits them.

I like the dresses for slouching around in the park-type activities, but I don't wear them myself because of my huge boob situation. If the top's big enough to go over them it'll look like a balloon on the rest of my torso and yeah, just not work.

Only small boob people can wear them, I think :cry:.

I don't like the skirts because it's impossible to get a top that suits them.

I have one with an empire waist and a braided halter-like top that is super cute and surprisingly bust and waist minimizing. It looks a lot like this one:

V272457_093.jpg

I have one with an empire waist and a braided halter-like top that is super cute and surprisingly bust and waist minimizing. It looks a lot like this one:

That actually looks perfect, I'll have to keep an eye out for one. Thanks!

LOVE maxi dresses! I am a small girl, and I feel like they are really flattering on me.

Thanks for all your responses.:luv: I've always stayed away from them so wasn't really sure. Anyways, I have a reiss voucher which expires soon so thought I'd spend it on this. There isn't really anything else I can buy from Reiss since they mostly cater for taller girls and the skirt was pretty much the only thing i liked without me adding a lot more to it (my voucher is only for £20). Yes or no?

I was going to team it with a white shirt, like Olivia Palermo has done here.

OliviaPalermoMaxiSkirt7.20.jpg

I love maxi skirts! I think you can look casual or a little more dressed up depending on how you wear it. I like the following styles, for instance:
dicas-de-como-usar-saias-longas.html

1.jpg

Of course it looks good on skinny girls only but i think it can be flattering both for tall and short girls!

I have a love hate relationship with both...
On the one hand I like them super comfy and stylish and on the other hand EVERYONE is wearing them and so I feel lost in a see of long dresses and skirts... :(

Yes, but particularly for shorter girls, it has to be the right cut, colour, pattern, etc. or it can create the illusion that you are even shorter. The same goes for palazzo pants.

I adore my black sheer maxi skirt (I made it myself so it fits like a glove and it's the perfect length which is hard to find for me because usually they cut off too short!); I wear it everywhere through hot weather (it was my SAVIOR in Italy!) and I love that with a pair of thick opaques, it's still cold-weather appropriate :)

I love them. I have a maxi skirt and it's the most comfortable thing in the world. The fabrics so nice, I chose to wear it around the house instead of sweatpants :p Yeah, I'm weird. But I think that if you're skinny, regardless the height, you can somehow work it. For short girls it might take more effort though.

V272457_093.jpg

I have this one in white for the beach.

I love maxi dresses (in non crazy prints) and some maxi skirts. I usually wear them at work because I am a teacher.