Mary-Kate Olsen

A

Annie

I think Mary-Kate has been great thinspiration for a lot of people. And now she will be on the cover of Elle UK on April with her sister Ashley. I know she used to be a lot skinnier, that's when she was huge thinspiration for me. Now she looks kind of average. What do you think?

0697001.jpg

0OVyP.jpg

eRe51.jpg

mary-kate-olsen.jpg

tumblr_lj95mkFsP81qgp64q.jpg

mary-kate_olsen-pregnant.jpg

I know that she used to be a lot skinnier, but please keep in mind that she also suffered from anorexia back then.

I am just happy for her that she got better.

I know that she used to be a lot skinnier, but please keep in mind that she also suffered from anorexia back then.

I am just happy for her that she got better.

This. There's no sense in holding up someone who is mentally ill as thinspo.

This. There's no sense in holding up someone who is mentally ill as thinspo.

Well, no... but then you should definitely not look in the models forum. I think we have to admit that a lot of the people we admire are not looking after themselves, and remember that when we make our own choices. It shouldn't just apply when the person is open about their ED.

Um, so, I think my point is basically that I agree with you....

Aww I loved the Olsen Twins when I was a little girl, I even was a part of their little club thing. Anyone know what I am talking about? You would get mail every month and coupons for buying their stuff.

I am really happy she recovered. I can't even imagine the pressure she and her twinster went through being child stars and growing up in the spotlight with constant criticism.

I love Mary-Kate...but I've always been more of an Ashley fan. :cool:

Rumor had it she was addicted to coke, not anorexic. I heard they publizied the ED cause it looked more positve, publicity-wise, than a drug addiction. I have no idea if that's true, but it does seem plausible, given that she makes a living mostly selling things to little girls. I Personally like the twins, i think they are smart women who have led a strange life due to their celebrity and they have made the most of it.
I also loved their movies as a little girl. :)

LOL! what i remember most about these girls is that in my childhood my mom made me stay away from everything that had to do with them! i once brought a book of theirs home from school in like elementary and my mom was like "do you want to be like them? u want to be that stuck up and shallow?"

they are a bit uppity :}

Rumor had it she was addicted to coke, not anorexic. I heard they publizied the ED cause it looked more positve, publicity-wise, than a drug addiction.

I don't want to gossip because, obviously, I know nothing of the situation personally. But I adore the Olsen twins, so I was a bit more interested in them that I would usually be with celebrity tabloids. When I heard the whole ED story a few years back, I do remember reading a lot of "insider sources" saying this, too. I'm happy either way that she seems much better :)

Well, no... but then you should definitely not look in the models forum. I think we have to admit that a lot of the people we admire are not looking after themselves, and remember that when we make our own choices. It shouldn't just apply when the person is open about their ED.

Well said, SilentNight. I think we have to be realistic on this site, cos almost none of the girls we admire got so beautiful by eating 'normally'.
Anyhoos, back to the point, she's sort of lost her appeal for me now. Kind of boring.

Aww I loved the Olsen Twins when I was a little girl, I even was a part of their little club thing. Anyone know what I am talking about? You would get mail every month and coupons for buying their stuff.

I am really happy she recovered. I can't even imagine the pressure she and her twinster went through being child stars and growing up in the spotlight with constant criticism.

Yeah, i know what you're talking about. I was apart of their fan club too. I would get cute little folders and all kind of Mary-Kate and Ashley things like discounts on the books and movies. It was awesome:highfive:

I agree with the point that a lot of the models or celebs we might use as thinspo often aren't that skinny because they eat healthy/normal. But who defines normal eating anyway?

And there is a huge difference between eating little and doing lots of exercise and a mental illness like anorexia.

I agree with the point that a lot of the models or celebs we might use as thinspo often aren't that skinny because they eat healthy/normal. But who defines normal eating anyway?

And there is a huge difference between eating little and doing lots of exercise and a mental illness like anorexia.

I agree with Skinny2012. We don't know what exactly what is normal eating behaviour. To an overweight person eating big healthy meals is normal but to my sister eating yummy junk food all the time is normal.

However, I have to say that most eating disorders develop because they get out of control so I would highly recommend a couple of diet free days or eating one or two things what we like. Otherwise our diet could take over and one of us could be affected with a disorder that none of us want. Just be careful, girls.

She was always a little Girl in my eyes and she could never take care after herself, altough she is old enough.
She is really pretty and I'm happy she got help and is looking better now than she used to look ;)

Yes, I totally agree. That's something I like a lot about this site - most of the members have a positive and health conscious approach to losing weight.

Yeah, I know she had an eating disorder and of course I'm happy that she recovered. I'm just saying that I liked how skinny she was, of course she could have done things better and all. Because I think she was model thin and I think many models still do not have an eating disorder so she could have done it in a healthy way. I loved her looks, I don't mean that she should have an eating disorder or anything, I'm against all that. I don't know if I can say what my point is without sounding like an ill person so that's all I say.

I also think that you were talkign about their bodies not so much their eating disorder... as long as you can get to their body type by the healthy way it shouldnt matter if the thinspo has an eating disorder as long as you dont look up to that part.. But i agree with you Silent Night, they have amazing bodies and i think they are also very pretty and its really nice to know that they hang out a lot and stay close.

I quite like the Olsen twins, and I find Mary Kate to be a good thinspo now (Not when she was sick..)

I also like their style, regardless of what people say. Both Ash's more 'classical' style and influences of MK's more dramatic hobo-chic style ;) :luv:

Personally I prefer Ashely. Their faces look quite distinct even though similar. Like, Ashely has more of an refined look (from her face alone) because her cheeks a bit fuller giving her that oval-face-face-look, while MK has that hollow, naughty look when she smiles.

I don't know if that makes sense. Anyway, I like both of them, and they've got pretty good proportions for someone so short!