I no longer like Marjan and I wouldn’t pay her for anything right now. Her hair is a mess, she’s acting so cringey and desperate for attention, and if she has to stand in that one pose for cryo updates everyday then there’s something to hide. Not the Marjan I used to admire.

In defense of Marjan's hair... she's got (had) baby fine hair to start and it's been bleached for years, which is going to make it brittle as fuck, add to that all the tugging, rough combing, heat styling, and products, that are a part of every shoot, or show, you do, and straw is what you're left with. The only, best, thing you can do is leave it alone. Don't wash, don't brush, don't touch it (Alex Elizabeth is a prime example)... my only surprise about her hair is that she isn't constantly walking around with a head full of olive oil and avocado - or whatever the current "hair thirst" remedy is... hell, maybe she can roll it into a Kerastase commercial ala Hanne.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
A4848E80-D6DA-488B-BF91-4A6E0D000112.jpeg

:( In the videos it’s just her explaining that it was hard for her to book jobs since she was called “too bony” and such by clients so she had to gain a little bit. To be fair she does show us love on her stories constantly and knowing she reads here and saying something negative I can imagine being a huge slap in the face for her.
Some well deserved appreciation :luv: :bow::
66D06E7E-0A43-4857-8603-C28FF1A0FBC8.jpeg
7C1082E7-A988-4261-BE97-32118C68E109.jpeg
7F116EB2-C1B1-4063-9E34-948E23DD2CC5.jpeg
EF2CC6FB-907F-4E6C-A8F3-DF12D40B2531.jpeg
430FBBB5-9763-4AD0-984A-B5EB588EC2BC.png
92C71786-9569-4896-89ED-01DD5A5EE1CA.jpeg
B12F1503-D0DA-443D-AB05-3179B768EAC1.jpeg
B5E14957-0C45-4428-849B-0A0883D4E29C.jpeg
E0A174AB-F65E-4A98-83D7-61F348291663.jpeg

I still love her regardless of like what? 0.1 pound weight gain :rolleyes: :lol:? I didnt even notice a difference. She still looks better than like 99% of models and I can’t wait to see her dominate the runways this upcoming season. :luvluv:

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users
@NewYorkSkinny Do you think Kendall Jenner, Taylor Hill and Gigi Hadid love reading their threads here? Obviously no one likes being critiqued but I don’t think anyone here was being malicious, unnecessarily cruel, or anything but constructive. If Marjan gained 50 pounds, would you still be here defending her and telling us to lay off? Besides, weight gain isn’t even the main issue here (at least in my opinion), it’s more the haggard self-presentation. Unfair to give her special treatment just because you guys talk over instagram DMs; I also know some people who have threads here (some very negative) but I don’t jump in disliking every negative criticism they receive.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 13 users
@NewYorkSkinny Do you think Kendall Jenner, Taylor Hill and Gigi Hadid love reading their threads here? Obviously no one likes being critiqued but I don’t think anyone here was being malicious, unnecessarily cruel, or anything but constructive. If Marjan gained 50 pounds, would you still be here defending her and telling us to lay off? Besides, weight gain isn’t even the main issue here (at least in my opinion), it’s more the haggard self-presentation. Unfair to give her special treatment just because you guys talk over instagram DMs; I also know some people who have threads here (some very negative) but I don’t jump in disliking every negative criticism they receive.
Her hair is a mess, she’s acting so cringey and desperate for attention, and if she has to stand in that one pose for cryo updates everyday then there’s something to hide.

There are millions of skinny girls I can lust over for my thinspo, SG has always been a place where we want to go above and beyond skinny: meaning chic, sophisticated, intelligent, well kept etc. Basically the opposite of this. And she can post all the sweaty post-workout insta stories she likes, the Zara photos don’t lie.

View attachment 52001
View attachment 52002

Girl’s looking soft, and with no other redeemable traits to make me cling onto her like a hopeful child, I’m over it. I know she’s probably reading this. Maybe she needs to.

The difference is she literally posts our messages thanking us/ saying she loves SG. Imagine being praised and praising everyone back just to read your thread and have a bunch of out of the blue posts bashing her out of no where. If you think I’m being biased, then so be it. I don’t blame her for feeling upset.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Specific and constructive criticism= bashing out of nowhere? What's the point of this thread if we can only make positive comments?
Calling her “cringey” “desperate for attention” saying “her hair is a mess” “she has no redeemable traits” does not equal constructive criticism.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Can you imagine how it must feel to get skinny shamed by a market that once accepted you, forced to gain weight for the money, and then get criticized for gaining weight? Give her a break. Its not her fault, its the fashion industries fault. (And of course, there will never be any media outrage over skinny girls getting forced to gain weight, that makes everyone feel too good about themselves.) clearly the fashion world is just skinny shaming models and forcing models to gain weight as a way to appease the public. We should feel sympathy for her.

• Agree
  • Love
Can you imagine how it must feel to get skinny shamed by a market that once accepted you, forced to gain weight for the money, and then get criticized for gaining weight? Give her a break. Its not her fault, its the fashion industries fault. (And of course, there will never be any media outrage over skinny girls getting forced to gain weight, that makes everyone feel too good about themselves.) clearly the fashion world is just skinny shaming models and forcing models to gain weight as a way to appease the public. We should feel sympathy for her.
I do feel sympathy for her and there's no doubt she's under tremendous pressure, but there are so many successful models under the same conditions. Why should she be afforded more consideration? I like and respect Marjan as a model, and part of that respect is believing in what she's capable of. She's not at her best right now, and that's undeniable. We don't do people favours by making excuses for them, which both you and @NewYorkSkinny are doing, regardless of how well-intentioned you are.

• Agree
  • Jizztastic
  • Disagree
Reactions: 5 users
I trust the runway photos the most about her size and from her early pictures already believe she has plenty of discipline to achieve whatever skinny size might be needed to book a job. I just don't love her hair (that's my biggest pet peeve and why I want a fresher look on her). I think she has enough beauty to take on different looks and be quite versatile, but I'm hoping it is still platinum for a reason, i.e. b/c she's booking plenty of work with it as is... Also, as much as the skinny aesthetic is embraced up here, at the end of the day a model has to earn money and that may entail working with the market and different clients demands,etc.

Why should she be afforded more consideration?
For me it's b/c she's NOT a nepotism model and has probably fought tooth and nail to get where she is today. I respect that and would show her some more consideration and put less negativity out there. That being said, I have my own opinions about how she is still styled, but those don't mean the industry will necessarily agree with me hahaha.

• Love
I do feel sympathy for her and there's no doubt she's under tremendous pressure, but there are so many successful models under the same conditions. Why should she be afforded more consideration? I like and respect Marjan as a model, and part of that respect is believing in what she's capable of. She's not at her best right now, and that's undeniable. We don't do people favours by making excuses for them, which both you and @NewYorkSkinny are doing, regardless of how well-intentioned you are.
She did say she needed to gain to book more jobs. So your version of “not at her best right now” is probably her bringing in that $$$. We all know it wouldn’t be hard for her to go back to being skinny.
And the comments about her hair have been repeated all the time. @hazyshadeofwinter I agree that the best thing for her to do is just leave it alone and when you’re a model I’m sure the last thing you want to do is be doing your hair and makeup constantly when it’s unnecessary.
I think since she obviously reads here it puts us in a position where you want to be careful unless you full on don’t care about being a bitch to someone who loves this site and thanks us for being sweet to her. She reads so much here I feel like its considered “disrespecting a VIP” :lol: in my head. (And a pretty important one at that.) I’m not saying you shouldn’t say anything negative here either, I’m just saying for myself if I knew someone was reading their thread and showing love I definitely wouldn’t have the balls to be a bitch to them lol. Especially when they didn’t do anything in particular besides being repetitive.
I think all of the comments said were very spontaneous and since they were back to back I again, don’t blame her for feeling overwhelmed. I’m sure she’s always excited to see what we have to say and there was such a random switch.

• Agree

Your argument doesn’t make much sense. First of all, she gained a couple pounds because she was ordered to, not 50. I don’t think any of us would be sticking up for her if she suddenly decided to gain a whole 50 lbs. Second, why are you comparing her to nepos and people who already have life made in this industry? Marjan isn’t everyones favorite “all-american girl” or top Instagram model. She’s someone who works her butt off in this industry and does what is needed to book jobs.

So I don’t blame Marjan for being irritated with the sudden disapproval when she’s simply doing what she’s told is best for her career right now. Y’all really think she of all people is out here trying to be the next relatable and real instamodel? :meh:

Edit: This whole thing irks me because I’ve been told by my agency to gain because I’m apparently too bony for clients now.

• Love
Your argument doesn’t make much sense. First of all, she gained a couple pounds because she was ordered to, not 50. I don’t think any of us would be sticking up for her if she suddenly decided to gain a whole 50 lbs.
I said that to illustrate a point, that @NewYorkSkinny was giving Marjan preferential treatment, and asked a rhetorical question of how far that would extend. I didn't make the "bashing" posts that NYS quoted, so I'll let those people respond for themselves (I think they're constructive btw), but I never even mentioned Marjan's weight once, and if I were to list my biggest issues with Marjan, her "weight gain" of <2 lbs wouldn't even make the list. This focus on our "bullying her" for gaining weight is a bit of a red herring, bc it's ignoring the other points people have made.
So I don’t blame Marjan for being irritated with the sudden disapproval when she’s simply doing what she’s told is best for her career right now.
I don't blame Kate Upton for being irritated by being called a whale or a pig. She's also doing what's best for her career. The whole point of this website is that we have a place to discuss it, positive or negative.

I would probably be irritated if I read the slightest criticism of me online, but that doesn't mean that a) people shouldn't be allowed to make those criticisms, especially on a forum that is designed for that purpose, and b) that I should throw a temper tantrum about it. Of course there are things that cross the line, i.e. personal information, useless bullying (e.g. ____ is so stupid, what a dumb whore), and in that case I wouldn't be here defending these posts. My problem is that people likely wouldn't be so hysterical about it if it were any other model. And as a model, Marjan is constantly being critiqued and rejected- it's part of the job- so I don't feel the need to "protect" her from criticism here as long as it's not actual bullying or harassment.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Sympathy for Marjan but if the answer to everything was “let’s be less negative” or “let’s not hurt any feelings”, these forums wouldn’t exist. Criticise other opinions without trying to silence them.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Her body looks the same as it always has IMO but are we really about to hold this thread hostage over a few unfavorable comments? Because we're "talking shit" by commenting on the weight that she *allegedly* gained because she was told to gain weight? Because someone said her hair looks messy? So much for that idgaf attitude...

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
I do think Marjan has, and potentially still does look amazing. At the time of writing my prior message I was mad at her for *letting herself go* and looking less than our SG standards, and I mostly stick by my earlier sentiment if the Zara photos are anything truthful to go off. From the impression I’ve gotten, Zara has never struck me as an anti-skinny, photoshopping-models-to-look-average-ish retailer, but I could more than certainly be wrong. If Marj was to suddenly appear like a platinum blonde Kylie Jenner on the pages of Fashion Nova I’d be a lot more expectant that those photos has been altered to hell and back. That was weird anology. Please, Marjan, never do Fashion Nova.

Was I a little overcritical? Maybe. Probably. I acknowledge that agencies often ask you to gain for clients in order to appeal less strung out and (as the media would put it) starved to death. But I was simply pointing out that the Marjan professed on her social media had a very different figure to the Marjan I’d seen scrolling through the Zara app or walking at Chanel PreFall. And let’s be realistic, if she wanted to appear ‘healthier’ to the media I don’t think stringy unkept hair and smudged week old mascara is going to be her friend.

Thank you @proseccoprincess for trying to redeem my earlier post as being “constructive criticism,” but I’ll be the first to agree that it wasn’t anywhere near :lol:
I confess that it was far from constructive but in my defence, I was totally hungover on caffeine and staying up until two everyday this year :nervous: Sometimes a girl feels bitchy...

In reality, I wouldn’t say Marjan has no redeemable traits at all. She does seem very charitable and sweet, albeit slightly cringe sometimes, and a few months ago I would have cited her as one of my biggest thinspos, hence why I’m so frustrated. I should’ve clarified by saying she has no redeemable traits, I meant that from an superficial point of view I don’t find anything exceedingly remarkable about her besides her body. Neither her face nor her modelling work itself captivates me enough to stick by her relentless if her body was to turn to shit (which it definitely hasn’t, by the way).

Ultimately, I agree it must suck for Marjan to read all these unusually negative comments but as @angelalamode said, if we were to step lightly around models whom we know to read their threads, the forum would get very boring very quickly. I’m sure there are dozens of models without a @NewYorkSkinny to confide in when the mood switches unexpectedly and that’s a reality we have faced for years. Sorry to Marjan for being such an unconstructive bitch in my earlier message, but I still stand by my main point. I’m not gonna stop being a bitch, but I will try to be a constructive one at least.

Y’all really think she of all people is out here trying to be the next relatable and real instamodel? :meh:

Thing is, she is. Her cringey instastories lately just seem like a bid to be relatable-quirky, and to SGF bait as well at the same time. Which other model posts stories in a single contorted angle after cryo to flex some thigh definition? She’s like a hybrid between Alexis Ren and Lexi Almeida’s social media personalities currently and it just feels like stints for a greater following. So constructive criticism: calm down, disguise the fact that being skinny is your only personality trait better, and let your body of work do the talking.

• Funny
  • Love
  • WTF