Marine Deleeuw

So great to see she is doing so well :D I remember when I first saw her last year her face got me instantly. She has a classic beauty, very elegant features like her eyebrows, nose and cheekbones.

Compared to models like Vlada her legs are not that great unfortunately, but her upper body is very bony and stands out positively.

tumblr_mugoc6IQ0O1r0e96to1_500.jpg

tumblr_mue9ortIYl1rhk4weo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mumlpgQRiS1sh0yjyo1_500.jpg

gYRR1VH.jpg

tumblr_mueb32zhLr1rhk4weo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mue9ph4xs11rhk4weo1_500.jpg

I literally gasped in amazement.

She's one of my favorite models right now. I have noticed her in so many photographs and I keep coming across her on Tumblr. Took me a while to warm up but now I love her.

As much as I love her, I must say she looks too gaunt with bleached brows.
Don't let 'em touch your brows Marinee! :(

I think her body is really the best it can be. Her legs are kind of weird but I sympathize because, while mine are proportionally longer compared to my torso, I also have weird knobby knees that jut inward and keep my legs from looking as long and lean as girls my height who weigh more.

There was an interview in french on youtube that I watched, and apparently in the beginning of her career, she kept being told, hum, that she had a ''balai dans le cul'' (a broomstick up her ass), and her walk was too stiff haha

There was an interview in french on youtube that I watched, and apparently in the beginning of her career, she kept being told, hum, that she had a ''balai dans le cul'' (a broomstick up her ass), and her walk was too stiff haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn6C5YrNyqg
:kiss:

MD:"When I've seen Constance Jablonski and (sorry, I don't understand this model's name) for the first time, it was a huge moment. Thoses girls are top models, they have done such great editorials, campaigns and shows that I've felt intimated! It was weird to walk by the side of such famous models! I was blown away"

Her name is Marine Deleeuw, she is just 18 and lunches out for the conquest of the runways. "I freaked out before my first apparence!Form NYC to Paris, and Milan in between, this model student has already done 44 shows.

Erin Doherty: "She has this trendy face, with bold eyebrows. She kind of looks like Frida Kahlo"

During the PFW, I've met her going out of the casting for Viktor & Rolf.
MD: "It went well, I think. He's said "gorgeous" when I walked so... We're never sure, are we? Now we're going to Thierry Mugler"

There is aways the rehearsal before Mugler'shows and the models only have to wear the shoes. As always, they are high heels.

MD: "I didn't know how to walk with them when I started modelling, people told my walk was awkward horrible! I've practiced and looked at people and models to figure out how they are walking with heels"

For each show, models have to play a different role. For Mugler'show, they have to strong and powerfull but also to stand out when they're walking down the runway.

ED: "the walk is not this important. A model can have a good walk but not becoming a top model. There are even some examples that are proving the contrary, such as Claudia Schiffer or Arizona Muse who have yet an amazing career. You can pose like a goddess and don't have a great walk. What really matters is your look and how you present yourself."

In backstage, Marine has time to rest a bit. No fall, but she's starting to feel the exhaustion. She's been running from one show to another for three months.

MD: "my feets are quite hurting, but it's okay. They have changed the plans at the last minute. I'm just tired, and my eys are painfull!"

No time for chating, she must wash her face before the next casting. "We jsut can't go there with make up all over the face. And if they decide to make us try a piece, they would ask us to take it off so it's better to do it right now."

There is no way for the models to control their schedules during a FW. It's 11PM and MD is going to Barbara Bui for a last fitting. The show is planned for tomorrow. She is welcomed by the designer. There is no place for joke here. The seamstresses are doing the final touches on the clothes so they fit perfectly the model's body. After that, Marine has a last casting to go to.

MD: "I don't think I was mentally prepared when I started. I just thought "alright, I'll go to some casting and see what happen". I didn't though it would be this exhausting."

She is warmrly welcomed at Vanessa Bruno. With 12 shows at NYS, 14 at Milan and 18 at Paris, Marine's career is starting to get impressive. Vanessa Bruno wants her to try two outfits from her next collection, which is usually a good sign. She only has a few minutes to impress the designer.

MD: "I keep a serious face for the casting, it works but don't ask me why!"

Luckily , she'll do this show too and wear the cloths she has tried. Two days later, she was wearing the little pink dress. After the show, she's having fun with Joséphine Tutour.
"I was putting on my mother's cloths and her lipstick when I was younger. Have you never done this? Even if I was a tomboy, I was steeling her magazines and I was dreaming. I wanted to wear designer's cloths!"

And her dreams came true and even better: for 4 months, she's walked for the most famous designers, opened the first show of NYFW, closed Cavalli's one, and so on.

MD: "they've also cut my hair! Before the FW, my hair was stopping right above my butt... It's been a huge change! But it's good actually, it's quicker to wash"

PFW is ending and models are relaxing before Valentino'show. Last make-up and hair-styling before a well deserved rest.

MD: "I don't how will be my next FW, if I'll get as many shows as I did. I didn't thought I'll walk this much so I'm happy and affraid for the next FW at the same time."

ED: They have to continue their efforts ad do as many editorials as they can. The goal would be to be spotted by a successfull photographer!

Oh my, the pics @Helen posted... Wow!

Marine for Vogue Japan August 2013 by Steven Pan:

marine-deleeuw-for-vogue-japan-august-2013-by-steven-pan-1.jpg

marine-deleeuw-for-vogue-japan-august-2013-by-steven-pan-2.jpg

marine-deleeuw-for-vogue-japan-august-2013-by-steven-pan-3.jpg

marine-deleeuw-for-vogue-japan-august-2013-by-steven-pan-4.jpg

marine-deleeuw-for-vogue-japan-august-2013-by-steven-pan-5.jpg

marine-deleeuw-for-vogue-japan-august-2013-by-steven-pan-6.jpg

marine-deleeuw-for-vogue-japan-august-2013-by-steven-pan-7.jpg

marine-deleeuw-for-vogue-japan-august-2013-by-steven-pan-8.jpg

marine-deleeuw-for-vogue-japan-august-2013-by-steven-pan-9.jpg

That make up and hair looks so parisian chic on her! :luv:

Last edited by a moderator:
she looks 1000 times bettter know

nice improvement

I love her even more, bitchs hair thins out, the same area where I have 'bald' hair. :highfive: :supermad:

OZqOE9r.jpg

Would you guys maybe venture to make an estimate about her BMI in that picture?

I need to set a new GW, and her and her xylophone are literally perfection
tumblr_msnskwMSDT1reiue7o1_1280.jpg
images