Mariana Idzkowska

• Thread starter eyelinerandspraypaint
  • Start date
E

eyelinerandspraypaint

Couldn't find a thread for this one, she's been in the industry a while and started getting a bit more work since changing agent (pretty good considering she's 26.)

I think she can look incredibly strong and beautiful... and in some shots her arms can look lovely :luv:

Born: 29 July 1986
Where: Poland
Height: 178 cm
Bust: 83 cm
Waist: 63 cm
Hips: 88 cm

33ekjfk.jpg

34846_5_122_1055lo.jpg

417654_494003657304010_1657660162_n.jpg

34899_8_122_151lo.jpg

34903_9_122_40lo.jpg

282442_458686080835768_1041587352_n.jpg

Tevlva Magazine 2013

61770_484481068256269_536731050_n.jpg

561590_484481044922938_84814726_n.jpg

Just an interview...

We are glad to introduce you to our Model of the Month, the Polish stunning beauty Mariana Idzkowska. Today Mariana is booked non-stop by European, Japanese and American clients.
She has already worked with photographers such as Giampaolo Sgura, Costas Avgoulis, Marcus Man and Pascal Chevalier. You may have seen her on the 3 flawless covers of Russian Vogue Beauty photographed by Lee Broomfield, or in Glamour Italy, Marie Claire USA and Elle Germany to just name a few publications of a lot she shoted for.
And that's only a fraction of her recent work - she also graced the covers for Spanish Telva, A Magazine, as well as campaigns for exclusive ski wear brand Moncler and Polish brand Wittchen.
Beside posing in front of the camera, Mariana is also such a breathtaking beauty and presence on the runway and rocked the catwalk for brands like Lanvin, Fatima Lopex and C'est Tout.
When we asked Mariana to describe herself in three words, she responded that it's impossible to describe any human being just in three words. But if I have to describe Mariana as a fashion model in three words, I would say she is gorgeous, simply beauty and professional.
Today, Mariana is placed with Wilhelmina Models New York, Next Model Management Milan, Seeds Management, Modelwerk, Ace Models, FM Agency London, Loft Models, Stage Model Agency, MC2 Model Management and Just WM.

* Did you always wanted to be a model, or did you stumble upon it, get discovered etc.? Who or what inspired you to become a model? How did you get started in the modeling business?

I left my first studies and had plans to take an exams to academy of art. But still had to wait half a year, so I decided to give a try to modeling. I thought that I will do some small jobs in Warsaw, but I left to Milan. After few trips I wanted to continue modeling and took another studies, which allowed me to be full time model and student. Traveling gave me many occasions do develop myself and discover the world.

* What is your favorite or most exciting aspect about being a model? What do you like least? Have you encountered any surprises along the way? What has been your most awkward moment (of your modeling career)?

The most exciting thing about modeling is meeting new people. It teaches a lot about human behavior and their different cultures or problems. I learned that I'm very lucky and happy person and should be more focused on others than just myself.

* What was the hardest photo shoot for you, and why?

Once I did long time night shoot outside of Paris. Was not easy to keep energy during whole night and cold.

* Is there a difference in posing when you are doing a cover and an editorial?

Sometimes shooting covers are more precised. Especially if cover is a beauty shoot and make up and hair are more sophisticated. Poses depend on whole concept of shoot and styling.

* Is there an artistic or general difference in doing editorials/covers in Europe opposed to USA?

Mostly I work with international team, so even if I shoot cover/ editorial in USA it can be with European team. I noticed that in USA working time is more respected than in Europe.

* Did anyone in the industry ask you to change your look, name, etc... If so, what did you do?

Nobody asked me to change my name or look. I was asked only to change my haircolor for jobs couple of times.

* What tips and advice do you have for aspiring models just starting out, something you wish someone would have told you?

It's important to be asertive and good person - respectful, honest, nice and patient. Even if sometimes others are not...

* Have you had any negative experiences with model agencies, talent scouts? What are top 3 warning signs to look out for?

Unfortunately I had a bad experiences. Models should always pay the attention to statements. 3 warning signs to look for could be f.ex.: lack of statements and documents, unexplained positions on statements, lies and lack of trust.

* Would you share some of your future goals, your life motto, any words of wisdom that get you by in life and professional career?

Be positive! :)

* What should a relationship between an agent and model look like?

Professional and friendly with a appropriate distance.

* Who is your favorite all-time model?

Linda Evangelista

* How do you feel fashion has empowered you?

I've became more independent and learned how to deal with a difficult situations on my own at first.

* Is the fashion world what you expected it to be?

It's more hard work and less glamorous than I expected before I started my modeling career.

* What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?

Of course I enjoy my time spending with my family (phone calls usually) and friends. I love also painting, singing, reading (especially philosophy), swimming, jogging and riding my moto :)

* Who are your favorite fashion designers?

Alber Elbaz...since I worked with him and saw hole procedure of creating new collections I'm very impressed by his talent and happy do had a chance to see how it looks like from other side. Every collection being something special and new, never disapointed me.

* What things in your wardrobe would you never throw away?

There is couple of things made by my talented grandmother. I could never throw those away. My grandchildren will have it in a future :)

* What era would you like to bring back?

Era when marketing and materiality are less important, but wisdom, inner beauty and true talent are standing in a limelight.

* What are your best beauty secrets?

Helthy diet is the key. plenty of water and sport activity. beside its very important to clean faceskin everyday. I change skin products very often. I would recommend especially organic products.

* Do you have any beauty / skin care tips or tricks to look fresh and rested for early morning photo shoots?

At the evening i do cleansing and put a face mask. After several hours of well sleep i do gentle cleansing in the morning and a bit of cream. Simple and it works.

* Do you believe in homemade recipes? Do you have one to share with us?

Yes. Mask made from egg, flax seed oil and honey.

* How much attention do you pay to meditation & exercise, or is it all natural? How do you stay in shape?

I love swimming since ages. I also like to jogg and walk around outside listening to the music.

* What is your favorite part about your body?

Lets talk about soul...

* Favorite kind of food:

Homemade

* When models say they eat healthy, what do they mean by that?

I can't say what other models mean by eating healthy, but what I mean by that. It's very simple: drinking plenty of water, lots of veggies and fruits. Also nuts, seeds, dry fruits, fishes, lean meat. Resignation from sugary, satly snacks and fast foods. Generally it helpes looking slimmer, younger and keeping face skin in a good condition for longer.

How would you describe yourself as a human being in three words?

It's impossible to describe any human being just in three words. It\'s important for me to remember of the others, respect them as much as myself.

* If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?

I would eliminate evil.

* What would you like to change about yourself if you can choose only one thing?

Every day is constant work at myself to be better person. I mean being good to everyone and recpectful. That\'s something that everybody should be aware about themselves.

* What are your favorite things to do in your free time?

Painting, singing and swimming.

* Do you have a mentor? Who? What is it about them that affects you? Why?

John Paul 2. It's impossible to answer why in one sentence... He was truly good person and he searched things in common between people, not focusing on differences.

* Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?

It could be acting or singing...but who knows where my life will bring me to...

* Favorite kind of music? Favorite television series or movie?

Depends on my moode. But I like soul, pop, chillout, classic sometimes and electro. I watch tv very rarely, but I enjoy the most the movies and tv programs i can learn something from. I prefer theater definitely...

* Do you have any model friend that you would suggest for the next model of the month on FMD?

Magdalena Fiolka or Lana Zakocela

* Favorite quote:

I have many of favourites...for example "Zycie godnie trzeba przezyc, bo jest tylko jedno" (Popieluszko) means to live with dignity because the life is only one...or "Beate vivere est honeste vivere" means to live honestly. "Vince in bono malum" wich meaning is to overcome evil with good.

* I'd like to meet ...

Aristotle...but that's impossible :) I'd like to meet only a good people on my way :D

* Happiness is ...

My family and well health

* If you could change one thing in the past years, what would it be?

If I have hurt somebody somehow in the past I would want to fix it...

People have said I look like ...

Husky

* What would you ask yourself that we haven't asked you in this interview?

Are you happy? Yes, I am! :)

Thank you Mariana for this great interview!
note: all answers are original and unaltered
Editor: Iva Mirbach

One more lot, from 2011 (she's certainly gained since):

Mariana-Idzkowska-by-Lukasz-Pukowiec-for-Papercut-DesignSceneNet-08a.jpg

Mariana-Idzkowska-by-Lukasz-Pukowiec-for-Papercut-DesignSceneNet-01a.jpg

Mariana-Idzkowska-by-Lukasz-Pukowiec-for-Papercut-DesignSceneNet-02a.jpg

Mariana-Idzkowska-by-Lukasz-Pukowiec-for-Papercut-DesignSceneNet-03a.jpg

Mariana-Idzkowska-by-Lukasz-Pukowiec-for-Papercut-DesignSceneNet-04a.jpg

Mariana-Idzkowska-by-Lukasz-Pukowiec-for-Papercut-DesignSceneNet-05a.jpg

Mariana-Idzkowska-by-Lukasz-Pukowiec-for-Papercut-DesignSceneNet-07a.jpg

She has improved her ability to express with her face and body from 2011 to 2013. If she could forever misplace 15 lbs or so her editorials would look so much better.