Marathoning Tv Series

Miss_Skinny

Worker Bee
Feb 21, 2013
Europe
Do you girls have the habit to start watching a new tv series that is already pretty old on tv? I do that now with Grey's Anatomy. I didn't watch 1 single episode when it came out and now that's it is season 9 I think, I started watching it like crazy. They actually call this binge-viewing. :wtf:

Here is an article about it: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/01/business/media/netflix-to-deliver-all-13-episodes-of-house-of-cards-on-one-day.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=3&

But I love watching Tv series like that because I don't have to wait another week till a new episode comes out and I remember what happened in the previous one. Am I the only one doing this? Of course I don't keep a pint of ice cream next to me and secretly weeping about my life.

Do you girls have the habit to start watching a new tv series that is already pretty old on tv? I do that now with Grey's Anatomy. I didn't watch 1 single episode when it came out and now that's it is season 9 I think, I started watching it like crazy. They actually call this binge-viewing. :wtf:

Here is an article about it: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/01/business/media/netflix-to-deliver-all-13-episodes-of-house-of-cards-on-one-day.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=3&

But I love watching Tv series like that because I don't have to wait another week till a new episode comes out and I remember what happened in the previous one. Am I the only one doing this? Of course I don't keep a pint of ice cream next to me and secretly weeping about my life.

I tend to do this as well, I start watching something, get addicted, and end up watching 2-3 episodes every day:confused:

It usually wouldn't be my kind of thing at all but I started binge-watching Gossip Girl last week and now I'm nearly on to the third series :run:
It annoys me when other people do it though, haha. My brother binge-watches Dexter so I can't go and excitedly squeal to him about the latest episode until the whole series has finished ^_^

I binge-watched both seasons of Game of Thrones in a week, and now I'm reading the books.

Yes. I've done it with tons of shows. I did with Gilmore girls, I think the first time I saw it I didn't like it then I watched the whole thing and I loved it. I can't think of others I've done, I'm wondering whether to watch Buffy, not sure. But I've done 1 or 2 seasons of most shows (which are still continuing) quite a bit because I ban myself from TV during busy periods.

I did this with Gossip Girls, Supernatural, the Simple Life, and Skins. I like it better than following along with episodes on the television. It's convenient and easy - you can watch the episodes at whatever time you prefer, and you don't have to wait around for the next one if you're really eager.

I do this often. It's actually usually intentional because I don't have the patience to wait for a new episode without dying from suspense. Some shows I have watched in marathon form are Death Note (Actually doing it again right now) Digimon, Alice Academy, Home Improvement, Friends, Battlestar Galactica, Invader Zim, and many others. :eek: I guess you could say I'm a binge watcher.

Um, for OLD series, I recommend the original Melrose Place. At least the first 3-4 seasons!

I'm such a DVD-Nerd. It all started when I moved out and I bought the SATC-Box. Now I have my own shelves for my series
- ER (season 1+5 with Dr. Ross :luv:)
- Greys Anatomy
- Gilmore Girls
- Dexter
- Criminal Minds
- Friends
- The Cosby Show
- Buffy and Charmed (borrowed from my sister. I'm waiting for her Gossip Girl DVDs now)
Shows I watched with my bf were Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and Chuck. We both want to see Breaking Bad now.
I buyed Hart of Dixie on DVD because I actually wanted to sell it again after I watched it but now the box is broken and I'm stuck with it. But I got a girl crush on Rachel Bilson and now I have to watch The OC ;)

When my bf is not at home I can easily watch 3-4 episodes in a row. But during the week I can manage one episode before I'm heading to the gym.
I think I'm a little bit addictive to series. As soon as I start to watch them I get sucked in. Also there's nothing good on german TV to watch anymore...

I'm such a DVD-Nerd. It all started when I moved out and I bought the SATC-Box. Now I have my own shelves for my series
- ER (season 1+5 with Dr. Ross :luv:)
- Greys Anatomy
- Gilmore Girls
- Dexter
- Criminal Minds
- Friends
- The Cosby Show
- Buffy and Charmed (borrowed from my sister. I'm waiting for her Gossip Girl DVDs now)
Shows I watched with my bf were Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and Chuck. We both want to see Breaking Bad now.
I buyed Hart of Dixie on DVD because I actually wanted to sell it again after I watched it but now the box is broken and I'm stuck with it. But I got a girl crush on Rachel Bilson and now I have to watch The OC ;)

When my bf is not at home I can easily watch 3-4 episodes in a row. But during the week I can manage one episode before I'm heading to the gym.
I think I'm a little bit addictive to series. As soon as I start to watch them I get sucked in. Also there's nothing good on german TV to watch anymore...

I even watched the Friends series TWICE, 2-3 episodes at a time. And I actually enjoyed it as much as the first time I watched it.

I even watched the Friends series TWICE, 2-3 episodes at a time. And I actually enjoyed it as much as the first time I watched it.

I loove friends :)
The most funny moments were the shared flat with Joey, Chandler and THE DUCK :)

Haha oh this is so me. 4 and a half Supernatural seasons in a week.

Hahaha :)
I loved it when she said: I wish I could but I don't want to

I. DIED.

OR

friends-funny-ross-Favim.com-175047_large.jpg

:lol::lol:

Oh, I am definitely guilty of this... I watched the first seven seasons in like two months. Also did this with Criminal Minds and Revenge, and probably more that are slipping my mind right now.

Of course. How else do I sit beside my friend on her bed and stare at her laptop screen for twelve hours straight. :lol:

Ah! I marathoned all of Friends in my second year of uni. Many hours of potential studying wasted!

I watched all of Homeland during the Christmas break. It is SO GOOD. Highly recommended! And good marathoning material because the amount of suspense makes it hard to wait for the next episode (although I'm waiting for season 3 anxiously now)

Of course. How else do I sit beside my friend on her bed and stare at her laptop screen for twelve hours straight. :lol:

exactly what my friend and i do every time she stays... at least once a week:D