LOVE Jillian Michaels

E

Esurient

I don't know if it's just me, but if I'm doing a workout and the instructor is all sweet and nice and says "Hey, it's okay! If you need a break, don't sweat it; Just take 5 and jump back in!", then my natural response will most likely be "Okay, I'll take a break. See you tomorrow." and walk away. A lot of people may say Jillian Michaels is bitchy, but what she does works because I NEED negative motivation in order for me to actually do something. Her workouts are strenuous and unforgiving, but they give me results, and that's what I love. ;)

Some famous Jillian quotes:

"I've got 400 pound people who can do jumping jacks, so can you!"
"Unless you puke, faint, or die, KEEP GOING!"
"Why are you going to choose failure when success is an option?"
"One of two things are going to happen today. You are either going to die on this treadmill or you are going to walk."
"I don't care if you die on that floor, you better die looking good!"
"Selfish isn’t a dirty word. It means we take care of ourselves and are able to give back."​

jillian-michaels.jpg

You should youtube 'Jillian Michaels Biggest Loser' and they show really intense moments of her training and discussing the contestants and the show itself. Sooo inspirational :)

I like her too!! Especially because she herself was chubby as a youngster. She knows how to put in the hardwork and wasnt born with her body. :luv:

i liked her on the doctors too! ive also heard she has a thyroid condition so thats super inspiring for myself :)

I really don't like her, sorry. I find her attitude to cross the motivating-rude line, and if someone would try to scream at me as she does I'd just walk away, because I like when people respect me, especially people I pay money to. Plus I mostly don't get very motivated by anyone saying stuff to me in long term, as I believe the motivation to get what you want should really come from within... as in... you want it.

I have heard some controversial stuff about the biggest loser and about her too, but I don't care that much about it because I don't watch the show and don't care for gossip a lot.

I really don't like her, sorry. I find her attitude to cross the motivating-rude line, and if someone would try to scream at me as she does I'd just walk away, because I like when people respect me, especially people I pay money to. Plus I mostly don't get very motivated by anyone saying stuff to me in long term, as I believe the motivation to get what you want should really come from within... as in... you want it.

I have heard some controversial stuff about the biggest loser and about her too, but I don't care that much about it because I don't watch the show and don't care for gossip a lot.

No of course! You're MORE than entitled to your own opinion. :) I wish we all had as much willpower as you did to do it without a bully yelling at you, too :lol::luv:

I used to not like her either. I don't watch the show but sometimes I would walk in on moments of it. Her in your face attitude is scary and could be too much but it pushes people to the point that they break down and reveal the true reason why they are holding back and I think that is very important. And when contestants get to that point her compassion and soft side come out. My opinion really changed about her and then a couple days ago I started doing the 30 Day Shred video and it is kicking my butt and she is really a motivating instructor so I love her too now!

I think getting to 300+ pounds, like the contestants of Biggest Loser, warrants some harsh talk. I'm sure every one of those people has been talked to gently, coaxed and persuaded by doctors and family members, and it obviously hasn't worked.

When someone is that far gone, they need to be told it's not OK. They need an extreme reality check, because they've been making excuses for themselves and letting their loved ones enable them for years.

Jillian was perfect at doing that. I think Bob and Dolvett are both a bit too soft. She didn't take any excuses from anyone, and that's what it takes, in my opinion.

That said, I love watching that show and seeing people get healthier. The best episodes are the ones in which a contestant finds out they no longer have diabetes, just because that has to be one of the greatest feelings in the world.

I'm doing the 30 Day Shred now, and I personally LOVE her.

Well, I've always found her youtube videos inspiring, and I've actually watched all of those youtube clips before haha. And while she is tough, I think she is a good trainer because she cares about your body. Yes, she pushes you, but she points out the correct way to perform moves so as not to hurt yourself. In fact, I find her quite mild in the 30DS!

My fav saying of hers from the 30DS? 'Think jean shopping!'

;)

She takes "tough love" to the max and it works! If trainers are constantly telling people "You're doing great" then how would they ever learn to push their limits? Jillian rocks!

I LOVE Jillian Michaels! I use her "No More Trouble Zones" workout DVD (I actually do it with my bf lol) and it is awesome. I don't think I could take her in my face in real life, but from the TV it's great.

I really like that she's big into circuit training and her workouts are really efficient. A lot of squats with bicep curls and lunges with arm raises to get the most out of your body in the shortest amount of time.

I'm not able to do the whole video yet, but I've been working my way through it. Right now I'm stuck on the fourth sequence because my legs can't take anymore lol!

I think getting to 300+ pounds, like the contestants of Biggest Loser, warrants some harsh talk. I'm sure every one of those people has been talked to gently, coaxed and persuaded by doctors and family members, and it obviously hasn't worked.

When someone is that far gone, they need to be told it's not OK. They need an extreme reality check, because they've been making excuses for themselves and letting their loved ones enable them for years.

Jillian was perfect at doing that. I think Bob and Dolvett are both a bit too soft. She didn't take any excuses from anyone, and that's what it takes, in my opinion.

That said, I love watching that show and seeing people get healthier. The best episodes are the ones in which a contestant finds out they no longer have diabetes, just because that has to be one of the greatest feelings in the world.

That' so true, you need someone to yell at you to lead a better lifestyle! We can't just baby someone and tell them everything's going to be okay.

I for one NEED to be slapped around a little to get my ass in gear. I honestly won't even go to some health magazines and websites anymore because they seem to have the "let's all hold hands and go for a walk while we try to eat just a little better" attitude. I need the "give me HARDER, FASTER, BETTER!" attitude like Jillian has. I think some people are afraid to be confronted by that becuase it means they have to snap out of denial mode and truly work their buns off.

When someone is that far gone, they need to be told it's not OK. They need an extreme reality check, because they've been making excuses for themselves and letting their loved ones enable them

This exactly! :highfive: Clearly they've gotten to the stage where nothing else has worked. She has helped some of these people live a longer/healthier life ffs! How she does it is irrelevant IMO