Looking for a new show - suggestions wanted!

S

Schmate

Hey guys, I am looking for a new show that has already had a couple seasons (or 1) aired that I could start watching and get into. I don't have any right now that I'm into... I'm one of those people who waits until a season is done and then starts watching them.

Any suggestions??

fear factor? say yes to the dress? (love them)

simon returns on britains got talent 2012

u can watch the 2nd and 3rd on youtube, theres a ton

fear factor you can watch on hulu. (u don't want to eat after watching this)

Modern family is really good, absolutely hilarious. Its maybe 5 seasons in as well so there's loads to watch!

Funny : Community, Modern Family, Cougar Town, New Girl, The Big Bang Theory, Parks & Recreation
Drama : Dexter, Pretty Little Liars, Bones
Reality : The Biggest Loser, Project Runway, Toddlers and Tiaras (lol), Real Housewives :p

Hey guys, I am looking for a new show that has already had a couple seasons (or 1) aired that I could start watching and get into. I don't have any right now that I'm into... I'm one of those people who waits until a season is done and then starts watching them.

Any suggestions??

What shows do you like?

The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, True Blood (This show is freaking awesome, the 1st season is a little too freaky though:p), Misfits, and Breaking bad. I follow a few others but I don't know what kind of shows you're looking for, but those are the best ones.

@AK91
I want to start watching Pretty Little Liars myself, is the show any good? anything like Gossip Girl?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, True Blood (This show is freaking awesome, the 1st season is a little too freaky though:p), Misfits, and Breaking bad. I follow a few others but I don't know what kind of shows you're looking for, but those are the best ones.

@AK91
I want to start watching Pretty Little Liars myself, is the show any good? anything like Gossip Girl?

I love Pretty Little Liars, and I don't think it's anything like Gossip Girl. The show is more like teen mystery show, which keeps you wanting more. I definitely recommend watching it.

I need shows too, I think I'll start wit Dexter or True blood. I was also thinking 24, people have said this is good. Any thoughts on this?

I'll just name some shows I like (seasons I list are so far that are completed)

Sons of Anarchy (4 seasons)
Mad Men (4 seasons)
Cougar Town (3 seasons)
American Horror Story (only 1 season but its EPIC)
Skins (6 seasons)
That 70s Show (8 seasons, ended a long time ago but its the best)
Bones (6 seasons)
Psych (5 seasons)
The Walking Dead (2 seasons)
Survivors (2 mini-seasons, BBC)

I have heard great things about Breaking Bad so I want to watch that too.

THE BIG BANG THEORY!!!!!!!!
tumblr_lqifrivJyC1qlg1x9.gif

tumblr_la1f74CHYL1qdvbgto1_500.gif

index.php

gif-sheldon-cooper-the-big-bang-theory-Favim.com-370980.gif

bbt-big-bang-big-bang-theory-funny-gif-Favim.com-295152.gif

anoddpaint.gif

DGBbigbangtheory.gif

gif-hilarious-sheldon-cooper-the-big-bang-theory-Favim.com-373221.gif

Hahahah I'm obsessed!

Here are some of the tv shows that I've found entertaining, listed in no particular order:

1) Happy Endings (2 seasons)
2) GCB (1 season)
3) Hart of Dixie (1 season)
4) 2 Broke Girls (1 season)
5) Revenge (1 season)
6) Single Ladies (1 season)
7) Fairly Legal (2 seasons, only first season fully aired)

GAH! Sorry about the double post, but I forgot to mention one of my favorites which is a series called "it's always sunny in philadelphia" and there are 7 fully aired season :grin:

@SkinnyB , what @classichic said..'s
While GG has it's own brand of drama, PLL (sorry for the douchey abbrv.'s :p ) is a mystery so it's not just about going from boy-to-boy and parties etc.
I go on & off both these shows, but I'd suggest you give it a shot for at least a couple of episodes & see if it draws you in.

I love Pretty Little Liars, and I don't think it's anything like Gossip Girl. The show is more like teen mystery show, which keeps you wanting more. I definitely recommend watching it.

I need shows too, I think I'll start wit Dexter or True blood. I was also thinking 24, people have said this is good. Any thoughts on this?

Dexter... is very... gruesome... but True Blood is simply awesome. I'll definitely recommend it above any other show, it has like everything you can possibly want - action, drama, mystery, horror, adventure, comedy, nudity, and did I mention vampires? :grin:

I'll just name some shows I like (seasons I list are so far that are completed)

Sons of Anarchy (4 seasons)
Mad Men (4 seasons)
Cougar Town (3 seasons)
American Horror Story (only 1 season but its EPIC)
Skins (6 seasons)
That 70s Show (8 seasons, ended a long time ago but its the best)
Bones (6 seasons)
Psych (5 seasons)
The Walking Dead (2 seasons)
Survivors (2 mini-seasons, BBC)

I just started watching "The Walking Dead", and it's pretty good but I can't help but want to smack the main character for all the stupid decisions he makes. :twisted:

Breaking Bad is indeed a great show - very funny and very real. It's quite interesting - I highly recommend it.

<3 That 70s Show :grin:

@SkinnyB , what @classichic said..'s
While GG has it's own brand of drama, PLL (sorry for the douchey abbrv.'s :p ) is a mystery so it's not just about going from boy-to-boy and parties etc.
I go on & off both these shows, but I'd suggest you give it a shot for at least a couple of episodes & see if it draws you in.

I'll definitely give it a try. Thank you ;)

Community is hysterical! You become so invested in it it's like an addiction haha. There's 3 seasons so far and it's been renewed again!
Sherlock is amazing for Drama/Crime but so far there are only 6 episodes. Each episode is 90 minutes long. Each season is 3 episodes, and the 3rd season has been confirmed :)
United States of Tara is another fave of mine. Pretty funny but still a drama. Really good characters and Toni Collette is brilliant! I think there are 3 seasons so far.
Shameless (US) is brilliant. They are 2 seasons in so far and its been renewed for 3rd season!
New Girl is really cute and funny! I love the roommates the most tbh.
True Blood is an awesome show but it can be very explicit and gory sometimes so you might not be into that! Seriously though... Alexandar Skarsgard more than makes up for it :lol:
Breaking Bad is brilliant and I highly reccomend it!!!
Weeds is another good one, and had about 7 seasons so far I think!
Mad Men is great, and quite a few seasons so far.
I'm forgetting heaps I'm sure.... if I think of any more I'll add them!
OH and Game of thrones!!! Havent watched that yet but people are going crazy over it :)

OOH and I have to second someone elses suggestion of American Horror Story!! can't believe I forgot about it! SO DAMN GOOD!
And another one that I love is Queer as Folk. It has 5 seasons. It is completely about gay people, it's like a drama/comedy. As a lesbian I LOVE it haha but it might not be your cup of tea. It was really successful though even with straight people. And it's so over the top sometimes it cracks me up to watch it :lol:

I think I'm going to start watching Breaking Bad... I also started watching Mad Men yesterday - looove it! I've had about 4 people tell me to watch Breaking Bad too.

Thanks for all these suggestions!!!!!

I just started watching "The Walking Dead", and it's pretty good but I can't help but want to smack the main character for all the stupid decisions he makes. :twisted:

there were about 5 characters that i wanted to constantly smack. wait no almost all of the them. i just really like zombies :nervous:

glenn is the best though <3