looking for a cute leather (or faux leather) jacket, help!

littlebirdwings

Rising Star
Jan 16, 2012
Oxford, UK
anyone know where I can find something along the lines of this:
tumblr_ltq64cNkPV1r154ogo1_1280.jpg

and under $200ish?

One thing, I recommend 100% that you buy a real leather jacket. There is no point in wasting even a cent on pleather because it will not last you, it's not good for the environment and it looks cheap. If you can't find a real one under $200, save up a little more. It's 100% worth it, because if you treat it well, it will last you forever.

Freja's thigh gap :luv:

Gotta love Freja and her clothes (specifically boots and leather jackets) :luv::kiss:

Hm... I would recommend looking at discounted/sale products, so that you can get a good quality leather jacket within your budget :) Some great places to get pricier jackets are shopbop, Nordstrom etc. I've heard good things about Mackage, Michael Kors and Doma. If you look around, maybe if you have something like Nordstrom rack nearby or any sales, and also on the internet, you might be able to find a great deal.

One thing, I recommend 100% that you buy a real leather jacket. There is no point in wasting even a cent on pleather because it will not last you, it's not good for the environment and it looks cheap. If you can't find a real one under $200, save up a little more. It's 100% worth it, because if you treat it well, it will last you forever.
:nod: YES pleather looks like pleather. And leather jackets age well, which we know Freja says about her Balenciaga:
I've had it for many years, so it’s perfectly worn in, thin, and soft.

Freja's thigh gap :luv
:luv:

Freja's thigh gap :luv:

I couldn´t agree more. I saved money for months before I bought my first one. Thats nearly 10 years ago now. A love that will never die :luv:

On topic: Maybe first try and see what you can find in vintage stores? Sometimes they have treasures there. One clever thing is to be nice to the staff there cause they might tell you when they get new jackets and usually its the best idea to show up there exactly in that moment. Thats how I found my loveliest fur jackets :)

Thats how I found my loveliest fur jackets :)

I think it's a wonderful idea to get your fur jackets second hand! If it is taken care of, it really does last forever, and if you can wear it instead of it going into a landfill, so much better :)

Speaking of second hand, e-bay is an option too. My first leather-fur jacket was off e-bay . It's a shortie but it only cost me 70$ CAD, including shipping. It can be tedious to sift through the pages and pick out the good from the bad. Keep an eye on seller feedback and ratings - they help you figure out how well-kept and prompt they are in up-keep and shipment of their clothes. =)