Lindsey Vonn on Women in Hollywood: They Need A Cheeseburger!

softy

Runt
May 12, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
http://www.toofab.com/2014/02/06/lindsey-vonn-body-insecurities-self-photos/

"It was hard to go to the Met ball [last May], with people who eat lettuce and a Diet Coke for dinner. It's difficult to be at events with a room full of women who weigh half as much as you do," she admits.

"That's always tough. I don't envy them, though, because so many of them are skinny-fat. They have more cellulite than most people. I feel like I need to give them a cheeseburger. It's sexy and beautiful to be strong."

i don't really care that she brought up the "eat a cheeseburger" and "sexy and beautiful to be strong". but what she said was just plain insulting and untrue. jealous much?

Agh, I'm so conflicted! As a snowboarder/skier, Lindsey Vonn has been one of my idols from a young age.

I do understand how she can feel intimidated by models, because her occupation obviously requires a high level of fitness, so while she's much bigger, it's from muscle. She wouldn't be able to maintain a particularly low BMI with her career. It kind of reminds me of one of my good friends at college -- she constantly feels bad about eating when I'm not eating, being hungry when I'm full from the same amount of food, etc. But it's because she's an athlete (field hockey) and has intense work outs every day. If she tried to survive on what I was eating or on my amount of muscle mass, she wouldn't be able to play sports.

So while I understand how Lindsey Vonn would feel bad, I don't agree with her saying that anyone should eat a cheeseburger. Feeling insecure about yourself doesn't give you a right to body shame other people. And, really? Eat a cheeseburger? At least be a little original :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
She is annoying. Maybe some people don't like fucking cheeseburgers. One time someone on Facebook commented on one of my photos and told me to eat a hamburger. I ignored the comment but I wanted to say.. Oh yea? How bout you lay off the hamburgers. Same fricken concept!

UGH. When will these skinny-shamers get it through their heads that FLAB does not equal strength. I guess they can't get it through their heads because there's too much FAT SURROUNDING THEIR SKULLS.

UGH. When will these skinny-shamers get it through their heads that FLAB does not equal strength. I guess they can't get it through their heads because there's too much FAT SURROUNDING THEIR SKULLS.

Right!
This is why, even though I really appreciate the skinny aesthetic, I still highly value the more 'muscly' people, or bodybuilder, even though they completely don't fit with my idea of 'beauty', because of the hard work, dedication, and willpower it took them to arrive at that state

1. actresses in hollwood (save rooney mara when thin, emma stone, Angelina Jolie and maybe a FEW others) are NOT skinny; They are slim-average, and it's a bit tragic that their bodies seem SO unnattainable to the world. Models are "skinny" not average celebs like Cameron Diaz, Olivia Wilde, Jennifer Aniston, etc .

2. Lindsay Vonn is a professional athlete who works out about 4-6 hours a day when training. Her job requires calories--maybe not a cheeseburger, but definitely requires quite a few more calories than the average person who is at a desk job all day, and much more than most celebrities. Giving this kind of 'advice' is backhanded and will just make average American fatties think they "deserve" so much extra when all they do is sit on their asses.

If it was so hard for her to go to the MET ball and be surrounded by "skinny" celebrities, why does she go? I get it, she is invited and she has to go. But her advice is uncalled for at best, discourteous at worst. What if one of these "skinny-fat" celebrities went to one of your training sessions and started picking at your meals? Not cool.

I think these ladies (this one and that J.Lawrence mess) all need to stop talking about weight in the media....especially this Lindsey chic! Boohoo you went to the MET ball. Seriously. Models are skinny, it's their job. Actresses also do what they need to do to get paid and stay in demand, and, these women all work hard to keep themselves relevant in industries where they suffer from less longevity than their male counterparts! Why body shame each other. Men don't say this same B.S. about other men. Time to stop the lady-on-lady body shame hate. As a celeb or or at least some body who somehow managed to grab the spotlight (I actually don't know wtf she is...) There are so many more important things to talk about other than your own insecurity and other's eating habits. This all becomes such useless tabloid fodder...

Reactions: 1 users
ok, I actually read a bit into the article now...until I saw the name Tiger Fucking Woods...eww. Who would touch him with a yardstick...she obviously has issues, I wouldn't read or pay attention to anything else this broad has to say, must have had too many concussions or some other more severe head injuries or something.

Also, again, can these women who have apparently attained some degree of success think about something more profound to talk about other than their bodies....these ridiculous articles and subjects of the interviews are so vapid. barf...I fear for the future.

Lettuce and diet coke for dinner? Cliche-ometer reading off the scale. How much are you supposed to eat, wearing a figure-hugging dress with the eyes of the world upon you?

Frankly I'd still rather be 100lbs skinnyfat than 130lbs and muscular. Oh well. Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one...

Didn't know a cheeseburger could make you strong? Guess all those scientific and everyday proofs (fat people) on burgers clogging arteries, and raising cholesterol's are wrong.

Exactly, why did she go to ball...it's a fashion event, it's the "oscars of the fashion world", Wintour is on the committee - of course there will be skinny models and slim celebrities who work hard to maintain their body because its their fucking job :rolleyes: No where does it say its a fitness event, I'm sure if any of the skinny models who eat lettuce and diet coke were to attend some skiing olympic event , they'd feel out of place too with the bigger muscular bodies - they'd look better :lol: but definitely look out of place.

Ugh I can't even say how much Lindsey Vonn bothers me. I've been skiing my entire life, and she's like the psycho-90s Naomi Campbell of competitive skiing. There was a weekend when we were both training at Whiteface (Placid, obviously different ranks/different hills, I quit when I was younger) and we were all so excited that she was there training, we all wanted to meet her. She had her massive entourage close off part of the lodge just for her (so we couldn't come in) and she had them bring all ELEVEN pairs of skis she brought with her to train on for four hours inside. She shut down the lift that brought her to the top of where she was training, and no one was allowed anywhere near her.

So yeah. She might have wanted Abbey Lee to eat a cheeseburger (which I've never liked btw, I don't get the hamburger in bun concept really), but I'm pretty sure she's more of a diva with a much more particular diet than a model. I think she's just pissy because if she isn't going to win a race she just throws it, but now she's injured and can't ski and has to live more of the "lettuce and diet coke" life. Fucking love a nice wedge of iceberg.

Lettuce and diet coke for dinner? Cliche-ometer reading off the scale. How much are you supposed to eat, wearing a figure-hugging dress with the eyes of the world upon you?

Frankly I'd still rather be 100lbs skinnyfat than 130lbs and muscular. Oh well. Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one...

yeah I couldn't help but laugh at the diet coke and lettuce thing--it doesn't require that limited of a diet to be thin anyways..also, the 'lettuce' she was referring to was probably a salad with other greens and vegetables. The cliche of a skinny girl with a plate of dry lettuce and a diet soda is so late 90's

She is annoying. Maybe some people don't like fucking cheeseburgers. One time someone on Facebook commented on one of my photos and told me to eat a hamburger. I ignored the comment but I wanted to say.. Oh yea? How bout you lay off the hamburgers. Same fricken concept!

I think you'd appreciate this.

Reactions: 1 users