Lily Rose Depp

She is the new face of Chanel
chanel-eyewear-lily-rose-depp-2015.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
She is the new face of Chanel

looks absolutely stunning in this chanel shoot--

i totes agree with everyone else, not fair that she's already this perf. at 15 haha i was rough as shit at 15 XD but it makes sense with her dna

I think she's beautiful but it irks me that Karl yet again is adopting some celebutante as his own, instead of maybe i don't know, updating or streamlining Chanel's now tired-and-campy looks for a change? All he does for fashion is gimmick and scandal sorry not sorry :hahano:

Reactions: 6 users
I think she's beautiful but it irks me that Karl yet again is adopting some celebutante as his own, instead of maybe i don't know, updating or streamlining Chanel's now tired-and-campy looks for a change? All he does for fashion is gimmick and scandal sorry not sorry :hahano:
I know!! It is shit that he dropped the aesthetic of beauty and class and changed it for famous last names and more money. Such a shame he stopped caring about the art of clothes and image.

Reactions: 3 users
I know many people in the industry have been saying that these days it's less about the skinniest girl and more about the girl with the best social media following, and I can certainly see how it would help to hire girls with an already large following that they can sell their products to. But damn I wish it wasn't so.

I've noticed this since Karl lost almost 100 pounds fifteen years ago or so. But there wasn't pop culture like there is today, so celebrities become the most coveted role in society.

I definitely understand how people become upset over nepotism, but to be fair, both of her parents are models or have modeled in the past.

I've noticed this since Karl lost almost 100 pounds fifteen years ago or so. But there wasn't pop culture like there is today, so celebrities become the most coveted role in society.

I definitely understand how people become upset over nepotism, but to be fair, both of her parents are models or have modeled in the past.
But their parents had careers, one was a well known actor and the other one a singer-songwriter.
Who is Lily? The daughter of... No other type of recognition besides the lastname. Gorgeous girl but they should have given the campain to a model and not the 15 year old daughter of famous people.

Reactions: 6 users
....and there are really fantastic looking 15 years old looking models like Liza Martynchik out there nowadays...

I don't get the hype, Lily's face isn't that impressive and her body...well I have seen skinnier teens.

Reactions: 1 user
@oferta I'm usually not one to disagree with you but she's really really thin(? i've met her, and i guarantee you she's bmi of 15-16, closer to 15) especially for someone who probably doesn't try, and has a beautiful face--I would go as far as to say she has an objectively beautiful face, actually. That being said, she's too short to be a model, and always will be. period. Besides that, I think she would oddly enough, be a perfect candidate, especially in comparison to any other celeb-model there is.

Reactions: 1 users
@oferta I'm usually not one to disagree with you but she's really really thin(? i've met her, and i guarantee you she's bmi of 15-16, closer to 15) especially for someone who probably doesn't try, and has a beautiful face--I would go as far as to say she has an objectively beautiful face, actually. That being said, she's too short to be a model, and always will be. period. Besides that, I think she would oddly enough, be a perfect candidate, especially in comparison to any other celeb-model there is.
I think she's going to be a Kate Moss model. She may never reach that amount of stardom, especially since she's already related to two celebrities, but it's that type of "celebritism."

I think she's going to be a Kate Moss model. She may never reach that amount of stardom, especially since she's already related to two celebrities, but it's that type of "celebritism."
Hmm, I don't think anyone with famous parents could have the same vibe as Kate Moss did in her early career. (Or Natalia Vodianova or Jaime King...)

To be honest, I don't imagine she'll pursue a modelling career. It seems as though she's aiming to work as an actress, which may lead to the occasional modelling job, but no more so than any other 'it girl'.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm thinking of another "Alexa Chung" type deal- where she will do everything across the board. I miss the days where celebrity culture wasn't so dominant in society, it seriously cheapens everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
She's cool I suppose. Her style is a little too Tumble-esque for my liking but she's just a kid having fun and playing around with her clothes so good for her. I like how skinny she is but I wonder if she'll maintain. And ia that I'm sick of all the fucking instagram models and people that become famous through social media and stuff going into modelling and getting big jobs instantly.. I know I sound like a media-hating grandma when I talk like that but why can't we keep those things seperate? There are so many great models out there - let them model. This girl has found her home online. Let her stay there.

She is stunning. I wish she was my age so I wouldn't feel so weird fangirling.

Sidenote--does it not depress/annoy anyone else that every single celebrity child (ok not all, but let's be real, it's a vast majority) follows suit and goes into film, modeling, or some other "it" industry, where they will earn money and fame with virtually no effort-the day i see an actor's child as a doctor, lawyer, humanitarian, engineer, research scientist, teacher.....anything that actually benefits society....

Reactions: 7 users
Sidenote--does it not depress/annoy anyone else that every single celebrity child (ok not all, but let's be real, it's a vast majority) follows suit and goes into film, modeling, or some other "it" industry, where they will earn money and fame with virtually no effort-the day i see an actor's child as a doctor, lawyer, humanitarian, engineer, research scientist, teacher.....anything that actually benefits society....
Well, that's their environment. Your parents are in the entretainment industry, you watch them work, you see how society praises them, you are attracted to that type of job.
I will blame it on our celebrity obssesed culture. If being an engineer or a teacher was as praised as being an actor or a musician you would see how that industry grows.

I don't know I really don't see film or music as useless industries at all. The only issue I have with modeling is more with consumerism in general but I still would group it in with entertainment. I think being famous and having connections gives them a leg up in these industries and if they have talent why not use this to their advantage? (keyword: talent)