Lexi Boling

She has really grown on me. I wasn't such a fan at first, but now I find her raw, "dirty," sexuality pretty appealing.

I think it has something to do with the fact that she (or everyone who shoots her) wised up to the fact that they need to be mindful of her ears. Her features read as so much more refined when her hair covers her ears or she's shot in profile.

Also, she gives me mad thigh envy.

I think her body is ok but I just can't get on board with that face. I know it's been said but she really does look like she's been ridden hard and put away wet. She just looks dirty and trashy to me.

by Andrew Mukamal for models.com
7XYOIis.jpg

kRSgOAN.jpg

UgLn35N.jpg

57lreiD.jpg

MxgYT8B.jpg

uqueK7Q.jpg

8lf7eMl.jpg

cHEq9so.jpg

lYyAbd6.jpg

Jz5ItmT.jpg
Can we all just appreciate the transformation.. motivation for us all. She's perfect

Attachments

• 484528_446468675376191_1666650675_n.jpg
    484528_446468675376191_1666650675_n.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 129
Reactions: 6 users
From the New York Times

Forget your wholesome girl next door: Lexi Boling, 22, harks back to a different era when it was cool to be bad in the fashion industry. Just look at the raucous images on her Instagram account for evidence.

With a trademark steely stare, the native of Belvidere, Ill., has already won over the influential likes of Miuccia Prada, the makeup artist Pat McGrath and the photographer Steven Meisel, who shot her for the Prada Candy fragrance campaign. Below, Ms. Boling, who lives in New York, shares the beauty items that will keep her together for the fashion shows this season.

Skin Care

I just use water to wash my face. I used to use all kinds of face washes, but then I would wind up irritated. I used water for three months, and my skin cleared up and calmed down. And it’s easy when you’re traveling and stuff. Then I use Nerium day cream and eye serum. It wakes me up. I always wear sunscreen. I’m wearing SPF 50 right now, but if I’m not going to be outside a lot, I wear one from Neutrogena that has SPF 25.

At the end of the day, if I need it, I use Chanel or Dior makeup remover. They each come in a big blue bottle, and they’re oil-based. It’s great especially if I had to wear a smoky eye for a shoot or something like that. Then I use water to wash my face and the Age-Defying Night Cream from Nerium. I heard about the brand from my mom. She loves it, and she has great skin. If I get a breakout, I’ll put some tea tree oil on it. It dries it out really well. My boyfriend taught me, funny enough.

Makeup

Where I grew up, it was about tanning beds, loads of makeup and big hair. The look is definitely like a leather bag. Everybody is really tan all the time. My hair is super stringy, and my mom would never let me go tanning. I was not the norm at all. But now, of course, I’m glad. My mom also would always say, “Less is more.”

When I’m not working, I try to keep my skin clear. If I’m going out, I’ll put on a bit of Chanel foundation. I use a mascara from Gucci. I like it because the brush is not super-hairy. Most people are about things like blush or lipstick, but contouring and highlighting is where it’s at.

I picked up highlighting from Pat McGrath and her team. When I first started doing runway, I would pay attention backstage to what she would do. She always uses a highlighter, which makes everything look dewy. You need to look fresh. Now I use the rose gold highlighter from her line. I put it above my cheekbone and on my temples. Then I use Harry and Peter Brant’s MAC contour palette. I met Harry through friends like Cat McNeil, another model.

Slide Show
Lexi Boling’s Favorites

Go to previous slideGo to next slide
Nerium International Age-Defying Eye Serum and Night Cream. Credit Erin Baiano for The New York Times
1 of 4 Go to previous slide Go to next slide
Fragrance

There’s a lot to choose from in the Prada Candy line. I like the new one, Kiss. It’s sort of sweet, but there’s some musk to it. When shooting the campaign with Steven Meisel, it’s wonderful because he sets this very relaxing atmosphere. When you get on set, he puts you in a chair and says, “Do you.”

Shooting beauty is different than fashion. Beauty, you try to show yourself through your eyes or face. You have to relax your features. Fashion, it’s more about your body, and you can go a bit more crazy. If you grew up in a small town like I did, where beauty was only one thing, it’s cool to be working in beauty from a fashion standpoint. In fashion, you can be weird or edgy or cool and still be considered beautiful.

Hair

My hair gets destroyed from all the styling. Last year, I dyed my hair black for one week and then had to go back to blond. I had to get it bleached six times. I’m done coloring my hair. It’s a natural dirty blond now. I’m using Olaplex — the Stage 3 one. Shampoo and conditioner, I use Redken.

I also use the Redken Anti-Snap cream after the shower. Before fashion week, and when I can, I use a bunch of masks. I like the Moroccanoil one that comes in a tub.

Other Services

I just got hip surgery last month. I tore my labrum snowboarding. So right now it’s a lot of physical therapy. Hopefully it won’t affect my walk. I’m doing therapy, and then I’m going to practice in heels. I’m hoping I can suffer through if it hurts.

Diet and Fitness

Diet is not really anything I think about. I’m 6-foot-1. It’s always been quite easy to stay thin. I eat chicken nuggets. I pretty much eat whatever I want. But if I’m feeling crappy, I’ll go to hot yoga.

The Victoria’s Secret girls work out every single day. I don’t know how they do it. But a lot of the times, for runway girls, they don’t want us to work out because we can get too thin. It’s just finding a balance that works.

I think the transformation posted in this thread contradicts that 2nd last paragraph a little :whistling:

Reactions: 1 users
From the upcoming Vogue Paris. Can't wait to see this ed. Two of my favourites
14374497_906706799465591_461799320_n.jpg
14294701_188209118277866_946235222_n.jpg

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Gigi in heels and her in flats...she is so tall
4dcV8Td8.jpg
_FEN0053.jpg
QyxsZCQv.jpg
Wbx8ZhNG.jpg
zl7Obcyu.jpg
XGFxeTNW.jpg
HAQBoiWg.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I absolutely agree.I've seen her in Milan too during fashion week: incredibly tall and thin. And she always had a drink in her hand!

Attachments

• IMG_1849.JPG
    IMG_1849.JPG
    742.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users