Lexi Almeida

Not sure how I feel about posting screenshots from her private account here.

1. It’s private for a reason, and it’s meant to be so she can approve who follows it, and by posting the content here virtually anyone can see it. Seems kind of like a breach of trust- if someone you were friends with had a thread here, would you post stuff from their finsta?

2. It’s dumb from a privacy standpoint. The account has less than 200 followers, and you’re revealing to everyone that you follow the account.

• Agree
Reactions: 13 users
Not sure how I feel about posting screenshots from her private account here.

1. It’s private for a reason, and it’s meant to be so she can approve who follows it, and by posting the content here virtually anyone can see it. Seems kind of like a breach of trust- if someone you were friends with had a thread here, would you post stuff from their finsta?

2. It’s dumb from a privacy standpoint. The account has less than 200 followers, and you’re revealing to everyone that you follow the account.

I agree and I was thinking about that right after I posted it here (I felt bad for point 1).
We are not friends, I didn't breach anyone's trust but it is true that I took that screenshot with the shallow purpose of sharing it on this community.

She is hiding that account mainly from her agency so this stupid post of mine could potentially lead her to problems with her agency.
Please any staff member delete my post if you can and consider it's fine.
This won't happen again, I'm sorry and ashamed. :supershame:

Reactions: 1 user
At this point it feels like bumping Lexi’s thread to discuss her body dysmorphia is like bumping a nepo model’s thread to discuss her nepotism in the industry. It’s becoming redundant and in Lexi’s case quite insensitive. She’s got a sensational body and it’s a shame she can’t see that. Private account or not I don’t think we need to point it out anymore. She’s struggling with an illness and discussing it on a thread seems unnecessary to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
At this point it feels like bumping Lexi’s thread to discuss her body dysmorphia is like bumping a nepo model’s thread to discuss her nepotism in the industry. It’s becoming redundant and in Lexi’s case quite insensitive. She’s got a sensational body and it’s a shame she can’t see that. Private account or not I don’t think we need to point it out anymore. She’s struggling with an illness and discussing it on a thread seems unnecessary to me.
It’s why it was previously agreed on to stop updating her thread.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
This girl really needs some real-life friends. Call the anons peppering her Tumblr with asks whatever you like; she needs them more than they need her. If she stops looking a certain way or disappears from the internet, they'll just transfer their affections to someone else--whom they'll idolize all the more because that person will be less accessible and thus more alluring.

OTOH, it's not hard to imagine what she gets out of this 'relationship' with her fan base. The admiration, the expressions of concern...sure, she'll take that along with the "you can be even thinner" trolling that serves as perverse motivation. The "[I'm saying to] do as I say, not as I do" is disingenuous. If people wanted reliable information, they would consult a search engine (or try to join SGF). But they're asking her because they want to look like her. And chances are, they're less interested in the obvious but difficult solutions such as restriction than the easier but more dangerous 'secrets' such as laxative abuse. Yet she persists because...of the frisson of joy that comes with knowing that there is a wide-eyed audience appreciating and hanging on to her every word, it seems.

I doubt that (on the whole) her SGF thread is doing her more harm than the gaggle of nameless enablers she's determined to have over there.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Well she is a model so obviously there’s going to be some idolization in her fan base. I don’t think it’s simply that they want to look like her (although I’m sure that is a factor), I think it’s more so the insider information of the life of model who isn’t sugar coating or appeasing to the masses on social media that attracts her fan base. It gives them this blind loyalty to trust her opinions/out takes due to the transparency of her social presence.

The problem with this is that she’s in a disordered state of mind and she shouldn’t be sharing advice knowing that she’s struggling with BDD. Her advice at times is refreshing but also some pieces are borderline pro ana. She should not be engaging with these asks on tumblr for 1.) Her reputation and her agencies reputation 2.) The underlying Pro Ana essence.

But I still wouldn’t characterize it as some unhealthy type of relationship, because after all aren’t most models/celebrities/public figures feeding off a sense of their ego through their social media (except for the few who still hold a blanket of anonymity and mystery). She’s no different than anyone else on these platforms. Only different in the sense that she should cut it out considering it could jeopardize her reputation and invoke unhealthy behavior in her fans.

All in all, someone just get this girl some social media training.

• Agree
Well she is a model so obviously there’s going to be some idolization in her fan base. I don’t think it’s simply that they want to look like her (although I’m sure that is a factor), I think it’s more so the insider information of the life of model who isn’t sugar coating or appeasing to the masses on social media that attracts her fan base. It gives them this blind loyalty to trust her opinions/out takes due to the transparency of her social presence.

The problem with this is that she’s in a disordered state of mind and she shouldn’t be sharing advice knowing that she’s struggling with BDD. Her advice at times is refreshing but also some pieces are borderline pro ana. She should not be engaging with these asks on tumblr for 1.) Her reputation and her agencies reputation 2.) The underlying Pro Ana essence.

But I still wouldn’t characterize it as some unhealthy type of relationship, because after all aren’t most models/celebrities/public figures feeding off a sense of their ego through their social media (except for the few who still hold a blanket of anonymity and mystery). She’s no different than anyone else on these platforms. Only different in the sense that she should cut it out considering it could jeopardize her reputation and invoke unhealthy behavior in her fans.

All in all, someone just get this girl some social media training.

She strikes me as uniquely and pathologically lonely.

And I am not sure her fan base and their attitude towards her are representative of what most other models have (unclear what/who would be the best point of comparison here).

She strikes me as uniquely and pathologically lonely.

And I am not sure her fan base and their attitude towards her are representative of what most other models have (unclear what/who would be the best point of comparison here).

It's a cliche, but I think that Vlada's fanbase is a somewhat solid comparison. Most of Lexi's fanbase is either obsessed with her body and getting down to her weight in an unhealthy way, much like herself. This is clearly unhealthy, and the attitude of pro-skinny forums like SG towards Lexi is one of disapproval and concern, not admiration. In contrast, Vlada is at a low weight (though healthier than Lexi). Even at her thinnest, she wasn't encouraging clearly unhealthy behaviours. Her fanbase is relatively mentally stable, and if they desire to get to her weight, it's through healthy means. For example, very few people in her fanbase would consider it a good idea to do the ABC or purge everything they eat. On SG, we admire her body because it is clear that she did not get there through extreme destruction of herself.

I'm going off the topic of Lexi here, but it's relevant. The key difference between having an ED and maintaining a low weight is mentality and if there is something behind it. An individual with an eating disorder will likely have something behind their eating disorder, whether it be abuse, a low self-esteem, perfectionism, obsessive-compulsive traits or something of that nature. The eating disorder is a coping mechanism and leaves the sufferer mentally drained. Someone who wants to maintain a healthy weight does not use eating as a coping mechanism. It's simply a means to an end. Models who maintain a low weight do so not to cope with intense emotions but rather because they make a choice to. This can be reflected in their fanbases.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
The key difference between having an ED and maintaining a low weight is mentality and if there is something behind it. An individual with an eating disorder will likely have something behind their eating disorder, whether it be abuse, a low self-esteem, perfectionism, obsessive-compulsive traits or something of that nature. The eating disorder is a coping mechanism and leaves the sufferer mentally drained. Someone who wants to maintain a healthy weight does not use eating as a coping mechanism. It's simply a means to an end. Models who maintain a low weight do so not to cope with intense emotions but rather because they make a choice to. This can be reflected in their fanbases.

I vote to have this sent to every stupid user of Twitter, Inc. who has ever compared us to MPA. Also, let's include this post in the SG application form to punch the proanas in the face encourage a natural selection.

Didn't know where to post this as it's speculation, but she's claiming on her private account that Kaia does coke to stay skinny. I wouldn't be surprised but it comes across as jealous and messy...

*Edited to remove the screenshots of her private instagram post*

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Sad
  • Eye Roll
Didn't know where to post this as it's speculation, but she's claiming on her private account that Kaia does coke to stay skinny. I wouldn't be surprised but it comes across as jealous and messy...

I don't want to speculate about her, but it rubs me the wrong way to see someone criticising another person who's as young as Kaia. If she isn't doing coke, it's spreading a false rumor. If it is, it's almost worse in a sense because you're exposing something another person is struggling with.

C'mon, Lexi, you're better than this!

• Agree
It's a cliche, but I think that Vlada's fanbase is a somewhat solid comparison. Most of Lexi's fanbase is either obsessed with her body and getting down to her weight in an unhealthy way, much like herself. This is clearly unhealthy, and the attitude of pro-skinny forums like SG towards Lexi is one of disapproval and concern, not admiration. In contrast, Vlada is at a low weight (though healthier than Lexi). Even at her thinnest, she wasn't encouraging clearly unhealthy behaviours. Her fanbase is relatively mentally stable, and if they desire to get to her weight, it's through healthy means. For example, very few people in her fanbase would consider it a good idea to do the ABC or purge everything they eat. On SG, we admire her body because it is clear that she did not get there through extreme destruction of herself.

I'm going off the topic of Lexi here, but it's relevant. The key difference between having an ED and maintaining a low weight is mentality and if there is something behind it. An individual with an eating disorder will likely have something behind their eating disorder, whether it be abuse, a low self-esteem, perfectionism, obsessive-compulsive traits or something of that nature. The eating disorder is a coping mechanism and leaves the sufferer mentally drained. Someone who wants to maintain a healthy weight does not use eating as a coping mechanism. It's simply a means to an end. Models who maintain a low weight do so not to cope with intense emotions but rather because they make a choice to. This can be reflected in their fanbases.

I generally agree, but I meant, in the interest of fairness, a model of Lexi's standing. Vlada is a 30something HF industry veteran. Surely not every 20y/o model trying to make it in South Asia, doing shampoo ads and the odd editorial for the local edition of a prestige fashion magazine, has a fan base that interacts with her as Lexi's does with Lexi. For some of the very reasons that you've mentioned.

OTOH, from her private-but-less-private Tumblr...
bEzFKZh.png

So it's less about respect for Kaia or her cousin's job, than seeming like a bigger person on a bigger platform? :whistling:

Also, IIRC she's mentioned that she only ever saw Kaia in person once, on the street, in passing. So unless she saw her doing lines then (while walking?) or in pictures, why bother trafficking in hearsay? Good thing she's eight full ethnicities, so her cousin is harder to unmask, I guess....

If she isn't doing coke, it's spreading a false rumor. If it is, it's almost worse in a sense because you're exposing something another person is struggling with.

It's unclear that the truth of the rumor would mean she's 'struggling' with it. The occasional recreational use of coke can be less detrimental than the chronic use of high doses of Adderall, and the latter has been offered as one of her skinny secrets. (Though actually doing coke 'to stay skinny' is different and sounds dubious.)

Are you guys fucking stupid? We literally said to stop posting screenshots from her private account. It’s such a violation of her trust and privacy. If you’d read the comments you’d know she meant DIET coke, the drink ffs. Slightly hypocritical of me to say this, but now she’s going on a huge rant about the same topic and how this a major disrespect to her. Rightfully so she’s freaking out. If you follow her— cool, but don’t be a dick and post screenshots of her PRIVATE account on a PUBLIC forum.

FYI, I follow her on a private burner account so don’t even think about trying to find me.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Are you guys fucking stupid? We literally said to stop posting screenshots from her private account. It’s such a violation of her trust and privacy. If you’d read the comments you’d know she meant DIET coke, the drink ffs. Slightly hypocritical of me to say this, but now she’s going on a huge rant about the same topic and how this a major disrespect to her. Rightfully so she’s freaking out. If you follow her— cool, but don’t be a dick and post screenshots of her PRIVATE account on a PUBLIC forum.

FYI, I follow her on a private burner account so don’t even think about trying to find me.

Appologies! I posted this before she clarified that she meant Diet Coke and edited my post to remove the screenshots for that very reason. I just found the hashtag “cauliflower&coke” to be misleading after claiming she “got the tea on Kaia”. Didn't
mean to start shit yikessss

• Agree
I generally agree, but I meant, in the interest of fairness, a model of Lexi's standing. Vlada is a 30something HF industry veteran. Surely not every 20y/o model trying to make it in South Asia, doing shampoo ads and the odd editorial for the local edition of a prestige fashion magazine, has a fan base that interacts with her as Lexi's does with Lexi. For some of the very reasons that you've mentioned.

OTOH, from her private-but-less-private Tumblr...
bEzFKZh.png

So it's less about respect for Kaia or her cousin's job, than seeming like a bigger person on a bigger platform? :whistling:

Also, IIRC she's mentioned that she only ever saw Kaia in person once, on the street, in passing. So unless she saw her doing lines then (while walking?) or in pictures, why bother trafficking in hearsay? Good thing she's eight full ethnicities, so her cousin is harder to unmask, I guess....

It's unclear that the truth of the rumor would mean she's 'struggling' with it. The occasional recreational use of coke can be less detrimental than the chronic use of high doses of Adderall, and the latter has been offered as one of her skinny secrets. (Though actually doing coke 'to stay skinny' is different and sounds dubious.)

Ugh *Southeast Asia, my tired self can be geopolitically challenged :yawn:

This is why hearsay (games of telephone) can be so damaging...don't have and thus don't follow her on Insta...sorry for misunderstanding and judging, Lexi
:flower:

Her old private Instagram is not private anymore and she is posting a lot there, even though she has just 200 followers. She posted a video with this caption:

20191114_181917.jpg

Not gonna put the link here, but her thighs are looking really skinny with no muscle at all. I hope she is doing well, but her IG worries me.

• Sad
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
^ She also told on that account about some incident happening at the store and specified many times how she was buying laxatives even when it wasn't necessary or even that relevant to the story. Cries of help

• Agree
  • Sad
I wanted to stay out of this thread but honestly as someone who suffered with anorexia for 6 years i find it so horrible that people are affirming her behaviour and her body. No one needs to call her ‘ugly’ or ‘too skinny’ or ‘disgusting’ as that isn’t helping anyone but all these comments are just feeding the illness. I remember how uncomfortable i felt when people made comments (even thought they thought were helping) and i can only imagine how she feels being on social media with thousands of comments every week. I don’t think I’m making any assumptions about her eating disorder as she confirmed it herself and stated the horrible effects it’s been having on her family. I don’t think anyone should update this thread with any photos of her (of course everyone can do what they want) as they may only fuel her disordered mindset. We have no way of knowing how these comments could encourage toxic thoughts and ultimately steal years of her life and a promising career in modelling. She will take steps towards recovery when she is ready with the support of those who actually care about her not strangers on the internet. Her face is beautiful and she has so much potential and it is devastating to see her torture herself in this way through overexercise and restriction. One of the reasons I felt comfortable joining this site despite my past with an ED was its strong no ‘pro ana’ stance (god i hate the word ‘ana’ its not a pet but that’s a rant for another time) but anyone praising her body right now is supporting a body achieved through serious and horrible self destructive methods that are in no way healthy or inspirational. I know this reply echoes what many have already said on this thread but i just wanted to share my own take on it with my personal experience to relate how manipulative an eating disorder can be. I hope this can remind everyone to look after themselves and make sure that they are staying positive and fostering a heathy mindset towards food, exercise and their bodies to achieve their goal in a healthy way

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
I hesitate updating this thread if things are not genuinely going better for Lexi, but I just saw a clip on her story where she looks both gorgeous and much healthier/happier! Sorry for the blurry shots (had to screenshot a quick video) but to me she looks lovely and much more full of life. Truly wishing the very best for her :inluv:
F2E3D22C-0283-4DC9-8AD2-4A8C7AD1F6B6.png
40113B97-AF75-4C32-B2D1-D8CA29919E0B.jpeg

• Agree