Lexi Almeida

Considering it’s been established that she checks SG and is very likely sick, I don’t think praising her body is going to do any good. Not the most appropriate comment, especially considering you acknowledged her having a “distorted mindset.”

In terms of the "distorted mindset," I mean so do I if I am being completely honest. But it comes down too when you know you're being rational and irrational. I.e., thinking "I can't eat that apple I'm going to gain 1348358982 lbs" versus thinking "eating this apple isn't going to kill me," and so on.

I see this rationality in Lexi, although this is not say I don't see her irrational and more toxic or unhealthy or what have you behaviors.

Idk, maybe she is just really convincing that she knows what she's doing and won't go "overboard" for a lack of a better word.

I also feel like I can't judge her when I'm not too far off from her

• Disagree
Reactions: 2 users
I see this rationality in Lexi, although this is not say I don't see her irrational and more toxic or unhealthy or what have you behaviors.
How is it rational that she’s desperate to lose more weight despite stating her agency is complaining about it and it’s causing her to lose commercial jobs- the only jobs she can get given her height? Vlada was skinny, but it was benefitting her career.

Also she follows/retweets “ED memes” pages on twitter so I think even she might disagree with you.

• Agree
thinking "I can't eat that apple I'm going to gain 1348358982 lbs" versus thinking "eating this apple isn't going to kill me," and so on.
Also- aren’t apples a typical “safe food” for anorexics? Replace that apple with a slice of high-calorie cake for a true measure of one’s relationship with food.

Last edited:
  • Funny
  • Love
  • Agree
View attachment 54283 View attachment 54284

Man I really love her and her honesty. Sometimes it's obvious she's showing off her body checks but I get it. It's like a weird sense of masochistic validation.... hard to explain when you're in that distorted mindset

But to me she has the ideal body, 100% what I strive for

I honestly love her face and her “aura” but in my opinion her body isnt a goal anymore.. i used to follow her insta and she often post videos of herself dancing and boxing and she just doesnt look ok and the whole thing is cringe.
So finally i unfollowed her.
I think she need some help, and to be honest i will never understand how come that not a SINGLE person of her family/friends/agency gives a sh.t about her issue.
I mean you REALLY dont need to be a dietitian to see the basic signs.
Im sorry, but i must say: shame on them!

Reactions: 1 users
It’s funny because one of her agencies is shaming girls that look perfectly fine for being too small while still promoting Lexi. Also, I thought we all agreed to stop showing pause for Lexi’s body :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Also- aren’t apples a typical “safe food” for anorexics? Replace that apple with a slice of high-calorie cake for a true measure of one’s relationship with food.

Well, since I am presuming you've never been in the depths of an eating disorder, NOTHING is a safe food. When you are that malnourished your brain chemistry changes and you do not think rationally it's like living with two people inside your head. One saying it's okay eat the apple and the other saying no you better not you'll gain weight. Obviously this isn't the case but that is how you think.

Also, what I meant by rational in regards to Lexi is that she won't share specific details of her diet in terms of negatively influencing other people. To me she's in a limbo space of knowing what is right for her and knowing that she might be overdoing it. But like I said, maybe she's just really convincing.

If she wasn't obviously displaying disordered eating we would all be praising her. Should the fact that I fast for a day or two or am apart of this site with a previous history of an Anorexia be a red flag? No. So again, like I said, it's unfair for me to judge her.

Well, since I am presuming you've never been in the depths of an eating disorder
You know what they say about assumptions, right? ;)

I don't know whether I've ever had textbook anorexia, but my relationship with food used to be vastly different to what it is now. While anything outside my daily calorie limit was regrettable, I would have reacted very differently to having eaten an 80 calorie apple than I would have a 400 calorie slice of cake (empty calories, "bad" ingredients.) This is a public thread so I'm not going to give too much info, but I felt extreme guilt and disgust if I ever ate something I deemed "empty calories". A lot of anorexics are also orthorexic, which is the point I was trying to make. While everyone's disorder is different and I'm not trying to invalidate anybody's experience, Lexi is clearly not a "junk food anorexic."

Also, what I meant by rational in regards to Lexi is that she won't share specific details of her diet in terms of negatively influencing other people.
This is just blatantly wrong... the 25 calorie salad for dinner with "no dressing. always."? All the tumblr asks where she won't reveal her daily calories "because people would be upset with her"? How about just not answering the question if you really don't want to influence people??

If she wasn't obviously displaying disordered eating we would all be praising her.
Yes but a huge part of an eating disorder is that it takes over your life, and with Lexi we can see that in her social media presence. I see where you're coming from though- for example, Eugenia Cooney has never displayed her disordered eating habits online, but we still don't praise her body here because it is obvious she is taking it too far and has an eating disorder (which she now has all but admitted.) Lexi's body itself isn't an assurance of an eating disorder, but her online presence in general is. Here, we can't assume that every woman under ___ BMI is anorexic, but if we have strong reason to believe someone is anorexic, it would be unethical of us to praise her body regardless and possibly fuel her disorder.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Body aside, does anyone else find her IG story spam very cringy? Not just this one, but a great example attached of that faux-intellectual rambling that seems to be her ish. This is just embarrassing, isnt this stuff that a 15y/o would think of as ~deep~

Screenshot_20190522_111227_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Agree
Body aside, does anyone else find her IG story spam very cringy? Not just this one, but a great example attached of that faux-intellectual rambling that seems to be her ish. This is just embarrassing, isnt this stuff that a 15y/o would think of as ~deep~

Agreed. It applies to so many models' instagrams though. I unfollowed some because I just couldn't take it anymore. Anja Leuenberger comes to mind, also Alisa Ahmann and so many others. This pseudo philosophical, neoliberal af personal growth shit makes me want to punch them in their beautiful faces.

Another favorite: "While I'm flying through Europe yet again, traveling distances that I could easily have chosen the train for but couldn't be bothered to sit on my skinny ass for two hours longer, can I please remind you of the fact that every plastic straw you use will TOTALLY DESTROY OUR ENVIRONMENT OMG. Make the right choices every day!! #saveourplanet #vegan"

• Agree
  • Disagree
Another favorite: "While I'm flying through Europe yet again, traveling distances that I could easily have chosen the train for but couldn't be bothered to sit on my skinny ass for two hours longer, can I please remind you of the fact that every plastic straw you use will TOTALLY DESTROY OUR ENVIRONMENT OMG. Make the right choices every day!! #saveourplanet #vegan"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that flights from i.e. London-Amsterdam are much cheaper than taking the Eurostar. Train can actually be a lot more expensive, and because clients will pay for flights (for the most part I'm assuming) they probably can't be bothered to book a train at the specific request of a single model (sometimes costing 100+ pounds more).
At this moment yet I don't see it becoming a thing (but should be).

I see your point though regarding the plastic straw, and I do agree that the connection plastic-global warming is overly emphasised, and that we could benefit from more direct links being discussed (i.e animal agriculture)

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
@proseccoprincess Interested in hearing more than 'disagree'?
Yes! Didn’t wanna go too far off topic but I actually don’t mind it at all when models (or anybody) encourages implementing positive lifestyle changes, no matter what their current lifestyle is like. If we can improve our environmental footprint in any area, why not do it? To me it’s like when people say “oh you’re vegan, but you still drive a car, step on bugs, etc.”

Also there is the possibility that the model flights around Europe you referenced are paid for by the client and the model can’t do anything to change it. And as @Olgiata said, flights in Europe are usually cheaper than taking the train (sometimes they are as cheap as <20€) so even if the client is not paying, a model may not be able to afford taking the train every time they travel. Meanwhile, buying a reusable straw = a one time payment of 10€.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
She's mentally ill, there is going to me some weird rambling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I expect it at this point.

Not saying that this happens to everyone with mental illness, but it can happen. It's not too surprising that an illness that causes your brain to stop working properly will begin to affect logic, speech patterns, emotional regulation, self-restraint and the ability to act appropriately in different situations.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
if you have a 26 inch waist and 37 hips and want to be a HF model, you better get your ass in the gym and stock up on lettuce, but in her case, if she's dissatisfied with where her career is right now, losing more weight isn't going to do anything

sums it up :highfive:

Can someone explain to me how is that possible, that on her selfies and selfie videos she has sooooo bony and skinny face ( i think its slightly unhealthy look) while on her model pictures her face is like a baby ( in my opinion in a good way, like shes really beautiful ).
There is no hate on my question i just really wonder, couse for me normally its the other way around :eek: :D
68C0C0B9-9110-4BD2-906C-AEE60700DE0F.jpeg
676EA848-7A3F-49B5-BAE0-037EACB5BD04.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Can someone explain to me how is that possible, that on her selfies and selfie videos she has sooooo bony and skinny face ( i think its slightly unhealthy look) while on her model pictures her face is like a baby ( in my opinion in a good way, like shes really beautiful ).
There is no hate on my question i just really wonder, couse for me normally its the other way around :eek: :DView attachment 55610View attachment 55611
She has said on her IG stories that clients sometimes make her wear fake hips and ass to fill out the clothing. As for the face, that can easily be manipulated in photoshop. Basically, I think her own selfies are the more accurate portrayal of how she actually looks.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
There is no hate on my question i just really wonder, couse for me normally its the other way around :eek: :DView attachment 55610View attachment 55611

I think the lighting is especially bright from the front, causing the shadow and hiding her gauntness. Likely followed up with photoshop to make her cheeks look fuller. I bet she's photoshopped to look bigger in photos all the time (or wearing hip pads like @proseccoprincess added) which kind of skeeves me out considering she probably see's the photos and truly thinks she's bigger than she is. Seems like a mindfuck of unintentional body dysmorphia for those models with ed tendencies.

• Agree
  • Useful
She has a second Instagram account, @intr0vertedm0del where she rants about how she’s gained, accidentally eating more than a bowl of lettuce, etc etc. I’ve made a habit of screenshotting the most revealing captions — girl is NOT OKAY by any standard

• Agree
I feel guilty every time I bump this thread back up, but I thought it was worth noting in light of recent speculations that she said this on her tumblr:

A2B006AB-5D98-448E-9FF2-1A3ADE826C7E.jpeg

Her tumblr presence is telling. She’s pretty much admitted to having a disorder BUT has also revealed she is communicating with her mom and looking to get with a therapist!! If it’s worth anything, she also mentioned she’s 90lbs at just over 5’7. I’m really glad she’s looking to getting help, hopefully this will be a sign to her and other aspiring models that starving yourself to reach a weight far beyond sample size will not end in career success.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users