Lexi Almeida

There are so many things wrong on so many levels, especially since I saw her Twitter.

There's a difference between showing signs of eating-disordered tendencies, which is unfortunate but happens, and deliberately and knowingly displaying it in such a way as to promote and 'glorify' it*. More often than not, especially in recent cases, it has been the latter rather than the former.

*though not done explicitly, the amount of postings related to it, in full cognisance of a relatively large Instagram following, as well as her choice of word and phrasing, suggest a trend towards a a kind of macabre exaltation towards it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
She posted a video of her lowkey body checking to her instagram story

Cringetastic

Damn she took that down fast :(
Care to summarize it for the latecomers?

I actually turned on my Instagram notifications for her posts, because it wasn't the first time she posted something then deleted it so I got curious, and I can tell you that she has uploaded and took down that video at least 3 times - nosense. But I agree on it just being a show-off of her body, plus the fake crying (?)

• Agree
  • WTF
ok I’m so over her. Not only she’s mentally and physically unhealthy, but I also feel like she thinks that showing that she’s torturing herself is a sign of work ethics and professionalism, when really, posting shit like this all the time is as unprofessional as it can get. Lexi this isn’t how you’re gonna get jobs sweetie.
She’s honestly putting out a horrible image of the industry by making people think all working models have this distorted, disordered mindset that she does.

The exact stereotype that people have towards models :meh:

• Agree
That tweet about the 2 hour walk for eating honeydew? Pretty disturbing. Even if she is exaggerating/lying or even if it is actually true.

She is in fact skinnier than a lot of models and while clearly she has BDD, I feel like she should know that. She really doesn’t need the validation of strangers online.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
No one has mentioned it, but she is pretty active on Twitter, and has a lot of concerning tweets.

HOWEVER she's also pretty entertaining sometimes. I feel like she'd fit in on these forums hahaha

Her twitter likes are very telling.
0DAA91A3-80FB-4613-BA2F-EC7A332FBF97.jpeg

Attachments

• 7BD4E11D-30D9-4CF3-B21D-881D34768D2A.jpeg
    7BD4E11D-30D9-4CF3-B21D-881D34768D2A.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 177
  • EA7C435D-A23A-4725-B807-A76FC62BE5C6.jpeg
    EA7C435D-A23A-4725-B807-A76FC62BE5C6.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 174
  • WTF
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 8.45.29 AM.png

She seems to equate torturing herself in the gym and eating lettuce for dinner with being successful and accomplishing her goals. True to a certain extent, if you have a 26 inch waist and 37 hips and want to be a HF model, you better get your ass in the gym and stock up on lettuce, but in her case, if she's dissatisfied with where her career is right now, losing more weight isn't going to do anything. Her height is stopping her from being a HF model (which she has acknowledged/accepted before), and all the big, prestigious commercial and even editorial jobs don't want a walking skeleton, someone who is clearly unhealthy, (and tweets about it/body checks ad nauseam on ig,) in front of the camera. Definitely an ED mindset: I will only be happy and successful when I'm at my goal weight.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Quite frankly I’m surprised her agency hasn’t done anything about this, not only for her health, but for their reputation. It’s not like she’s being subtle...

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
Quite frankly I’m surprised her agency hasn’t done anything about this, not only for her health, but for their reputation. It’s not like she’s being subtle...
Ironically I know some of the models at one of her agencies and they’re promoting her work while actively telling other models they’re too skinny... even though they look relatively normal compared to Lexi.

• WTF
  • Sad
Whilst I imagine this is a result of her clearly disordered mindset, but it frustrates me how much she relishes in and glamourises her tragedy. For many HF fans, stalking her social media platforms is probably the most intimate look into a model’s diet, lifestyle, workout routine etc. I’ve seen things on her tumblr alluding to a ‘everyone does it but no one admits it’ vibe in the industry, which I highly doubt and find alarming (and misleading information is my biggest pet peeve). It’s harmful to the models who don’t have eating disorders and undermining to those who do— as @luciole said it’s fuel for the neurotic anorexic runway model stereotype the industry has tried to prevent so much.

Not only that but she’s begging for pity and attention, yet ignores it when she receives it? She outwardly makes light of our genuine concern; I blame her disorder for this and not her directly. I wanna scream at her that this isn’t the way to go, yet it seems she’d dismiss it with a laugh and comb her tumblr asks for ‘meanspo’ instead. Each to their own. I think she’s past the point of our help and needs serious attention medically.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
comb her tumblr asks for ‘meanspo’ instead.
Even more disturbing to me are the "pro-skinny" IG accounts that fetishize ultra-skinny women commenting on her pics. These accounts are like if SGF were run by a bunch of creepy pervs instead of intelligent skinny women. I know this isn't her fault and she hasn't endorsed these accounts, but these are probably the same people who tell her she still needs to lose 5 kilos on her tumblr, and she interacts with them there..

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 1.34.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 2.04.49 PM.png

• Agree
  • WTF
  • Gross
I think this thread should be taken down. SG community obviously doesn't support sick behavior and commenting on Lexi just encourages her disorder and feeds her fragmented ego. ED's are like a demon that slowly but surely torture the host and an addiction that perseveres by attention, among other triggers. No doubt in my mind this girl has anorexia and exercise bulimia. It's not about accusing someone but stating the obvious in order to bring it to the light.

MESSAGE TO LEXI since she is a regular reader:
I have nothing but empathy and compassion for you however if you think that hf models and girls who truly made it in the industry got there by exhausting their bodies to the limits and pushing it to the point of NO RETURN as their pledge of devotion and sacrifice to "God's of fashion" to prove their diligence and loyalty then you have to open your eyes big time. There is no assurance that you will be a successful model even if you're thin as a skeleton, no starvation can give the certainty you're looking for. There is so much more going on behind the scenes and it is exactly why there are sites like this that admire those who made it since there is no one size fits all or a recipe to hitting it big. What is so fucked up is the fact you have lots of (young) followers who check your every move and are probably infatuated by a pretty model girl who tells them the only way to get any acknowledgement is through extreme ways of living and not fulfilling your basic needs. Health is obviously a joke to you at this point which is so sad because many others with ed's are struggling hard to shed some light on how hard it is to come out of it not even just recovered but alive (ed's are one of the leading cause od death when it comes to mental health disorders). You are proving models to be exactly how they are being portrayed in mainstream media and continue to feed the stigma around them. You make it seem like ed is something necessary to have to be noticed and make a difference since all your posts revolve around it. Gloryfing ed just means you are so caught up in it that you can't distinguish it from your true self. There is much much more to life than being in you head 0-24. Even though this loop that is repeating itself constantly in your brain right now might seem like a true purpose of your existence and an ultimate goal to reach (which is of course unreachable since ed is the master of trickery), you might wants to have a safe home one day, children perhaps and live until the old age which is not going to happen if you continue down this road. Now you may ask how does this differ from loving the skinny aesthetic and lurking on SG every now and then? It sure does, no one here wants you to die to start off and although some methods of achieving the thinness might not be welcomed by your average medical professional, being emaciated and undernourished is far from what is praised here. Moreover, to reach the top (which seems what you're aiming for) takes not only to be in the best shape ever but also in your best health ever and even if some big brand notices you and decides to hire you (like you said that you hope will happen), I can guarantee that you won't be able to keep up and stay on top of your game this way. You need to have something that represents you except your looks, a positive and meaningful message to share and one that is not indulging in your ed would be a good start. Use what you're going through as a blessing and help other people overcome it. At the end of the day, do you really want others to feel as miserable and as empty as someone who eats only a small salad for dinner (without the sauce, always) does? Is that the message you want to leave others with? You are more than that. I know it is not easy but start right now, at this moment today, make a decision to work on yourself every single day if not for the sake of yourself then for the sake of people you care for. There is so much wonderful information out there and also if you have/can find that one person to rely on who can accompany you on your journey towards healing and becoming the best version of yourself you have lots to be grateful for and should start straight away. There are many books, workshops, podcasts, healthy environments that will support you. One book that might be a great start is called "Brain over binge" by Kathryn Hansen. You can also talk to members of SG community (me included ofc), I'm sure everyone would love to help you and get you out of that mental state but still have your skinny figure untouched. It's all about changing the strategy and having great results as well. You have all the tools and power to overcoming this. Hopeful that you will find your voice and get back on track.

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users
i believe i read somewhere on her tumblr page that she had already suffered from an eating disorder prior to starting modeling. I dislike how shes making it look as though the modeling gave her an eating disorder even after admiting she thought she was fat in middle school.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
i believe i read somewhere on her tumblr page that she had already suffered from an eating disorder prior to starting modeling. I dislike how shes making it look as though the modeling gave her an eating disorder even after admiting she thought she was fat in middle school.
What’s terrifying is that not only had she previously (currently) suffered, but she was hospitalized and that they wouldn’t let her leave. Currently her BMI is 14.7. I’m truly terrified for her.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
For VOGUE Thailand- after we've criticized her so much I feel we kind of owe it to her to post these pictures, which I love. Congrats on a career milestone Lexi:spazrock:

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 7.16.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 7.17.15 PM.png

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 8 users
tumblr_polmh2K6Ux1qi4sgy_500.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.29.42 PM.png

Man I really love her and her honesty. Sometimes it's obvious she's showing off her body checks but I get it. It's like a weird sense of masochistic validation.... hard to explain when you're in that distorted mindset

But to me she has the ideal body, 100% what I strive for

• Disagree
Reactions: 1 users
View attachment 54283 View attachment 54284

Man I really love her and her honesty. Sometimes it's obvious she's showing off her body checks but I get it. It's like a weird sense of masochistic validation.... hard to explain when you're in that distorted mindset

But to me she has the ideal body, 100% what I strive for
Considering it’s been established that she checks SG and is very likely sick, I don’t think praising her body is going to do any good. Not the most appropriate comment, especially considering you acknowledged her having a “distorted mindset.”

• Agree
Reactions: 12 users