View attachment 21318 Such a perfect shape! But seeing her smoking, it just kills her princess-y vibe of her for me.:/
Okay sure, what's in her head is worse than what's on this page. So? I'm not saying she isn't accountable for her own actions, but at a certain point I believe we have to be responsible for what we post here. You wouldn't dangle a bottle of whiskey in front of an alcoholic, right? Or try and trigger someone's PTSD. Why? Because it's irresponsible. You may work in addictions but this is a public forum, not exposure therapy. You're right that we can't assume that she's a worse case than Lily, but it is a different situation because we assume she reads what's posted here, and we have no indication of that from Lily. And in the long run it's really not difficult to be more sensitive. It takes very little effort.

Again, irresponsible.
I agree to a point. I think in the end of the day, strangers' feelings about her body (positively/negatively) will both trigger some kind of response, but also not talking about her would cause some sort of response in her too ("am i worthy?" "did they forget me?"). As someone who has grappled on and off with both self loathing, depression, and weight fluctuations (though not quite as extreme and not from the same issues), I would definitely agree that negative comments would help motivate more toxic behavior. That being said, it's under no obligation for us to stop talking about her body entirely, unless of course, we wanted to--which I do, for one. I think Alesya has had a beautiful face and had a lot of potential to model. Unfortunately, her personality and her lack of emotional stability only speaks to how poor of a match she is for this industry, and speaks to how little regard her family has for her mental well being, self-worth, and independence. I will end on another note--we live in a digital era where there are comments of every variety. I have myself received negative DMs and comments online calling me both too thin and too fat, calling me ugly, calling me a feminist whore, calling me beautiful, calling me intelligent, calling me stupid. Do you think Alesya doesn't receive this from her 100k+ followers? Do you think someone in the public eye doesn't receive far worse (dick pics, threats, etc.) Do you think that we should all balk under the weight of others' comments? In no way am I saying two wrongs make a right. Perhaps what I find most shameful in all of this is that members on this site have insulted or teased her for "looking bulimic" as if a particular mental illness is somehow embarrassing because it's not the one that makes your face skinniest. It's shameful to make a joke out of her condition, but to say, "her body looks nice" is hardly some sort of criminal action, insofar it is no worse than any other commenter on her profile saying the same.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
I agree to a point. I think in the end of the day, strangers' feelings about her body (positively/negatively) will both trigger some kind of response, but also not talking about her would cause some sort of response in her too ("am i worthy?" "did they forget me?"). As someone who has grappled on and off with both self loathing, depression, and weight fluctuations (though not quite as extreme and not from the same issues), I would definitely agree that negative comments would help motivate more toxic behavior. That being said, it's under no obligation for us to stop talking about her body entirely, unless of course, we wanted to--which I do, for one. I think Alesya has had a beautiful face and had a lot of potential to model. Unfortunately, her personality and her lack of emotional stability only speaks to how poor of a match she is for this industry, and speaks to how little regard her family has for her mental well being, self-worth, and independence. I will end on another note--we live in a digital era where there are comments of every variety. I have myself received negative DMs and comments online calling me both too thin and too fat, calling me ugly, calling me a feminist whore, calling me beautiful, calling me intelligent, calling me stupid. Do you think Alesya doesn't receive this from her 100k+ followers? Do you think someone in the public eye doesn't receive far worse (dick pics, threats, etc.) Do you think that we should all balk under the weight of others' comments? In no way am I saying two wrongs make a right. Perhaps what I find most shameful in all of this is that members on this site have insulted or teased her for "looking bulimic" as if a particular mental illness is somehow embarrassing because it's not the one that makes your face skinniest. It's shameful to make a joke out of her condition, but to say, "her body looks nice" is hardly some sort of criminal action, insofar it is no worse than any other commenter on her profile saying the same.

I agree 100%. I think my opinion would be a little different, or perhaps less aggressive, if she wasn’t so unstable. Her pattern of posting-and-deleting implies that she isn’t in the frame of mind where she can handle those kind of comments. It’s self-sabotaging behavior on her part and while I don’t think us censoring ourselves on this thread is going to make or break her recovery, it just hits a little too close to home for me. I don’t think this thread should be abandoned completely, but like you said some comments do come across as hurtful. I don’t think anyone here is intentionally trying to be harmful, but unfortunately hindsight is 20/20.

Okay sure, what's in her head is worse than what's on this page. So? I'm not saying she isn't accountable for her own actions, but at a certain point I believe we have to be responsible for what we post here. You wouldn't dangle a bottle of whiskey in front of an alcoholic, right? Or try and trigger someone's PTSD. Why? Because it's irresponsible. You may work in addictions but this is a public forum, not exposure therapy. You're right that we can't assume that she's a worse case than Lily, but it is a different situation because we assume she reads what's posted here, and we have no indication of that from Lily. And in the long run it's really not difficult to be more sensitive. It takes very little effort.
Intent is important. No one here is intentionally/maliciously trying to trigger a negative response in Alesya, not that we even know what her triggers are. You make it sound like some of us are doing the equivalent of actively seeking out a recovering alcoholic and chasing them around with a bottle of liquor until they relapse. No one is forcing Alesya to read this site. If she seeks it out, there is very little anyone can do. It's the equivalent of trying to "protect" an alcoholic who choses to repeatedly enter a liquor store.

if someone wants to be "irresponsible" and be self destructive, it's fine be more sensitive but it's really not your place to step in and "save the day". :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
4276F5C8-4EA5-43E9-8512-FB7E91428F6A.png

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is this recent? I have such mixed feelings about her body. She looks really lean in some and really bloated in others? Never "fat" just swollen/squishy a bit. The only time I had issues with that I was really really erratic with my diet (binge starve) so I wonder if she still is.
Apparently the shoot was four days ago! Time stamped videos of it are in her instagram highlights. The timeline of her instagram is so confusing

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Is this recent? I have such mixed feelings about her body. She looks really lean in some and really bloated in others? Never "fat" just swollen/squishy a bit. The only time I had issues with that I was really really erratic with my diet (binge starve) so I wonder if she still is.
at this rate i dont even know what her body actually looks like any more because of how inconsistent her posts are :yawn:

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
She posted a video yesterday of her bodychecking.
The caption was "When you freak out that you're too fat and ask someone to film you"

29831456_10156226176861726_2111892475_o.jpg

I find it so weird that she posts all her mental health quirks with her real account. I can understand the need to feel validated and understood by internet strangers and I've definitely overshared online on anonymous forums, but with my real facebook and instagram accounts I've never even participated in mental health awareness campaigns.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to work with her after browsing her instagram. She's lucky to be rich because I don't think she's booking any paid work. Most of her shoots look like test shoots, or she models for Russian designers who are probably family friends and/or using her for PR.

• Agree
Reactions: 10 users
0C5EC84F-58F6-45B5-BF69-04043B79D9DF.png
It may just be me, but I almost think her face looks better with the weight gain. Granted she works magic with photoshop, but it looks less puffy and more balanced.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Not sure how I feel about this new look... :cautious:

Attachments

• 803D0085-CBB8-42C5-A12B-4755FACBD375.jpeg
    803D0085-CBB8-42C5-A12B-4755FACBD375.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 153
  • B75F31FE-8BA7-4AF8-8050-5DC37B13A839.jpeg
    B75F31FE-8BA7-4AF8-8050-5DC37B13A839.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 9AB86C63-E8A9-4EB8-B628-DDCE4D0A0823.jpeg
    9AB86C63-E8A9-4EB8-B628-DDCE4D0A0823.jpeg